Active Family Limit

Duncan  McOkiner

What you want to see? - A limit on actively playing family members - personally I believe 5 would be great.

Why should we add it? - There have been an extreme number of family members on at a time in certain families. Sometimes they are "real" family members, and sometimes they are "fake" family members, who simply change their name to participate in crime. This has been so bad as even seeing as much as 14% of the current server population in one single crime family, A.K.A. 10 people are actively robbing stores, etc together when there are 70 players online. At the time of writing this, there are 10 of a particular family on, with 70 players on. However, there are 20 AFK Citizens. So 1/5th of the active server population is part of a single crime family - 20%! Of these 10 members, 8 of them are actively using a custom class. This causes those who want to play Government to play criminal instead, given that crime will be easier. It completely ruins the entire "Police" part of "PoliceRP". It feels like I'm playing on a DarkRP server at this point. Not only do these large families commit crime with large numbers, they use twisted tactics I.E. 6 of them being inside of the general store, while the rest snipe the front door from across the map "because the cops are shooting at their family members that are doing the robbery." It's breaking RP for the majority at a massive scale. This was the case last night, as well as when I got on this morning. Last night, I was playing Government, and had several government members (From SNRs to Command) saying they were just gonna play criminal jobs since the families at the time were so large and would make other things easy to do - this was best case. Most people said they were just gonna get off. This isn't only breaking RP, this is actually destroying player count.

What are the advantages of having this? - It promotes those who don't want to play Gov due to always losing every encounter with the excessively large crime families to actually play Gov. Gov would have a chance with successfully beating 5 Negevs + Hostage, but not 6 Negevs + 4 AWPS from across the map. This is especially helpful due to our Tactical Factions being so low on members right now, VERY rarely seeing any members on SWAT, SRT, or C.E.R.T. In fact, the only members active at the time of writing this in any Tactical Factions are SRT Commander Will Newell, and Trooper Garry Kim, who is on C.E.R.T. 

Who is it mainly for? - The government. It promotes actual government gameplay, and it helps with active gov not simply switching off to make a quick buck since there aren't much Gov on. 

Links to any content - N/A

TL;DR - I know this was long for a suggestion, but it was needed, given that most people would be hard to convince. It's breaking RP at a massive scale, forcing active government to not play gov/not play on the server, and literally dropping player count. 

-SUPPORT

A good bunch of people goes onto police rp for crim, also a lot of players will be pissed off, this would require a lot of staff maintenance, a lot of players will leave if this happens, also FORCING PEOPLE TO PLAY GOVERNMENT WILL BE A TERRIBLE THING. People would wait until the current crims get onto government to even join! Also, I do get the changing family name just to do crimes. 

If I misinterpreted your suggestion.

Because I think I did.

Sorry if I did

Edited by Vladimir Lenin
Changing sorry to sorry if I did
  • Like 1

I'm surprised this didn't get any traction.

It's literally killing the server-base: I've have 4 government jobs tell me tonight (mind you I've been on Gov for about an hour and a half since I got home) that they were getting off due to large families minging around. 

I'm not saying we need to force people to play government, just not let people group up in such large families, especially considering most of them consist of Custom Classes. Government players seem to never want to play because they keep getting killed, kidnapped, mugged by multiple people in a row, or minged by the same families over and over again. 

Maybe putting a limit on families isn't the proper way to go about it, but something must be done. Again, it's literally killing the server population.

8 hours ago, Duncan McOkiner said:

I'm surprised this didn't get any traction.

It's literally killing the server-base: I've have 4 government jobs tell me tonight (mind you I've been on Gov for about an hour and a half since I got home) that they were getting off due to large families minging around. 

I'm not saying we need to force people to play government, just not let people group up in such large families, especially considering most of them consist of Custom Classes. Government players seem to never want to play because they keep getting killed, kidnapped, mugged by multiple people in a row, or minged by the same families over and over again. 

Maybe putting a limit on families isn't the proper way to go about it, but something must be done. Again, it's literally killing the server population.

This server promotes player generated roleplay and the rule you are suggesting would hamper the player’s freedom on the server. However, I can agree that there are really mingy families out there and it should be a priority of ours to come up with ways to enforce stricter roleplay within these larger groups and overall on the server.

2 hours ago, Felix said:

-Support

I see where you're coming from but it's not needed

I also see where you're coming from by saying that this isn't the answer, but I do believe something needs to be done. This truly is a major issue if it's killing the player-base quite rapidly when the larger, mingier families take advantage of their numbers. It especially doesn't help that all of the current Tactical Factions are (or at least seem to be) extremely low in numbers, given that very few of them are ever on, apart from a handful in SWAT and two people from C.E.R.T. 

3 hours ago, Duncan McOkiner said:

I also see where you're coming from by saying that this isn't the answer, but I do believe something needs to be done. This truly is a major issue if it's killing the player-base quite rapidly when the larger, mingier families take advantage of their numbers. It especially doesn't help that all of the current Tactical Factions are (or at least seem to be) extremely low in numbers, given that very few of them are ever on, apart from a handful in SWAT and two people from C.E.R.T. 

This is why those few tactical and maybe if needed PD high ranks need to come together and work as one big team.

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

On 12/31/2018 at 5:14 PM, Vladimir Lenin said:

-SUPPORT

A good bunch of people goes onto police rp for crim, also a lot of players will be pissed off, this would require a lot of staff maintenance, a lot of players will leave if this happens, also FORCING PEOPLE TO PLAY GOVERNMENT WILL BE A TERRIBLE THING. People would wait until the current crims get onto government to even join! Also, I do get the changing family name just to do crimes. 

Because I think I did.

Sorry if I did

4 hours ago, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

The thing you don't understand is you need criminals in order to have police. Would you rather have 10 crims and 60 police? Imagine how boring that would be

Would be great

-SUPPORT

Because I think I did.

Sorry if I did

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 6:44 PM, Vladimir Lenin said:

-SUPPORT

Because I think I did.

Sorry if I did

I agree with this ^

-SUPPORT

Because I think I did.

Sorry if I did

*gets on srt kills everyone* 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

As otherpeaople have said forcing peiple on gov would be a horible idea

But having a cap on the ammount of people in a fammily at o e time (eg 5 people per gang on the serverwhen their is 10 gov on but when their is less then have 3 people per gang aloud idk its juat an idea)

But stayong neutral 

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

On 12/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, Vladimir Lenin said:

-SUPPORT

Because I think I did.

Sorry if I did

A max of 5 family members versus over 20 gov? Yeah seems like a super balanced suggestion 

• Fame locked this topic