Snarlax

Document Ownership

It has come to my attention that documents have recently been scattered all over the place on PoliceRP. I am barely in touch with any of the other department documents, which makes it very hard to monitor them when I need to. That being said, all department leaders are required to send over ownership of all department docs of theirs to myself, in a google drive folder. Having all folders in my drive will cause for them to be in one place and it becomes alot more organized. Department leaders will still have access to the rosters, but i will maintain ownership for security and organization

My email: [email protected]

Please put all of your documents in one folder after you have assigned ownership to me, and then share the folder to my drive. Thank you

- Commissioner Snar 1K-1

FINALLY, I have tried sharing every thing with you but you never have given your email

EMS is already organized on a folder, raz will just have to transfer ownership. And we have like 20 things.

Wait we need to transfer ownership.. That would make it harder to add command members to roster access if you are on LOA or busy for a long period of time?

• Like 1

Just now, GibbiGibbi said:

Wait we need to transfer ownership.. That would make it harder to add command members to roster access if you are on LOA or busy for a long period of time?

2 minutes ago, Kade said:

EMS is already organized on a folder, raz will just have to transfer ownership. And we have like 20 things.

If Razonix gave ownership, then he will not be able to add anyone else to the documents. Because of the settings set on all EMS documents. 

Edited by Jason Tucker
Added GibbiGibbi's Quote
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason Tucker said:

If Razonix gave ownership, then he will not be able to add anyone else to the documents. Because of the settings set on all EMS documents. 

Same with us

9 minutes ago, [GL] Tom said:

I am not a fan of this.

8 minutes ago, GibbiGibbi said:

It would get confusing really fast, I agree

I actually agree with 90% of this. Just not giving Snar ownership. I understand the reason, but it would hurt a lot of depts. I like Snar forcing organization and all that 100%. 

43 minutes ago, [GL] Tom said:

I am not a fan of this.

It's getting to the point where none of you, staff or players, are a fan of any decision that directly affects you in your interpretation of a negative way. Recently, if something isn't viewed as beneficial to you individually, you automatically view it as bad or uninviting. I can offer you the reason as to why you aren't a fan of it, and that is because it removes the precious power that you so desperately want. Giving ownership to, keep in mind, the MANAGER of the server and the COMMISSIONER of the police department leaves you with less power in your eyes which really bugs me. This is my way of securing the documents under one person, so that way, they are all in one spot, and it is also a lot easier to remove high command members access if they were to ever leave that position. It really does irritate SMT when every decision we make for the server is instantly backlashed by you or others because " you don't like it" or "this is stupid". You being a fan of it or not does not change how effective it will be in improving organization and security for the documents we all work so hard to create, and therefore, it is appreciated you are providing some sort of opinion, but it is not constructive. You don't build on anything at all, all you stated is that you don't like the decision being made, in hopes of me revoking it or changing it. Alas, that is not going to happen

I do plan on making a trello that all command members have access to that will allow me to monitor who you guys need added or removed from documents.

3 hours ago, Jason Tucker said:

He can change this.

2 hours ago, Snarlax said:

It's getting to the point where none of you, staff or players, are a fan of any decision that directly affects you in your interpretation of a negative way...

The reason we don't "like this" is not for control. It is for the ability for us to work fluently. If you have ownership, then we would have to wait for you in EVERY low command add and removal pretty much. Anytime any Dept. head would like to be able to have control of their department documents. You can have control and access to them and keep everything in one place without having ownership. Unless every document let any editor add anybody, which would be insecure. And, what if your account gets hacked, (as one of yours has already been before), then what. We have a chance of losing everything. Thank you for reading Snar. 

2 minutes ago, Kade said:

He can change this.

it would be insecure and any Low Command would be able to add any email. We do trust our low command. But things happen Kade. You know that. 

2 hours ago, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

Although I don't play on government much anymore, I find this to be really helpful so I don't see why people/command members are getting mad?

Probably because you don't do a lot of document management. 

Edited by Jason Tucker

9 minutes ago, Jason Tucker said:

it would be insecure and any Low Command would be able to add any email. We do trust our low command. But things happen Kade. You know that. 

They are low command for a reason...you trust them.

@Snarlax you're gonna be flooded with my files lol sorry in advance idk which ones are still in use.

youve been added to state files bseides applications if you wish for that contact me however ownership can not be achieved due to the owner got removed youd have to talk to him but i doubt he would be very keen if you know what i mean I did the best i can enjoy