How did you get into Garry's Mod RP?

Snarlax

I got my PC at the beginning of this year and i got Garrys mod because all my friends had it. strangely gaming light Police RP was my very first server yes i minged on it and that is why i have some of my warns. I got banned and just server jumped for a month or two then I just left. quit Gmod. then about 2 months ago I decided to get on Police RP and here i am now.

Its Parry

FOund gmod on my brothers pc and then started playing then he deleted the game so i bought it

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 7:46 PM, Snarlax said:

venturian tale was the main reason I downloaded gmod

Same here.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I got into gmod because I use to watch a lot of youtubers play it also because I really love Roleplaying as it when I can play as someone who isn’t me and its just really fun for me to just run around and play and laugh

Hehe, my story is a bit funny, I first get into GMOD RP since I was a huge fan of the SCPs and the foundation fiction series. I started watching youtubers playing SCP RP servers a long while ago, but at that time, I didn't really have a gaming PC, I even used to play erm roblox SCP:RP and not gonna lie, it was really bad but each time I played those servers, I was always like man I wish I could play GMOD SCP:RP instead, (Don't judge me I was really young back then) I used to play games on my console instead, but I recently had a PC which is why I bought GMOD and tried out SCP:RP first. I saw Gaminglight SCP:RP as the first server on the menu and joined it, and I loved it. 

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

About 5 years ago a friend purchased me Gmod. For the first year I only really played in sandbox, and eventually moved out into playing TTT, then Dark RP, then Imperial, then SCP, then Imperial again. I've met so many colorful personalities and people on not just Gmod, but Gaminglight in particular. I don't think I'm ever going to forget the people I've met on here, and I really hope I stay around for a very long time.

• Like 1

Former Rear Admiral

When I was a kid, I used to watch some of the youtubers that would play at the time like SeaNanners, and other youtubers. So back in 2013, I decided to pull the trigger, I made a Steam Account, and I bought GMOD. Best investment I ever made on steam, because that was when I first hopped on to the Gaminglight SchoolRP server, and the rest is history.

• Like 1

Watched videos and seemed fun

Former Trial Senior Guard

It all started out when I first purchased GMOD on Steam. I obviously entered the game, and started exploring. I clicked specific options on  the main menu, adjusted some graphics settings, and explored some more. After finishing observing the main menu, I click, "Multiplayer" and that's where it hit me. See, I first knew GMOD existed from YouTube, and seeing specific game modes I saw on YouTube hyped me up. I I tried Trouble In Terrorist Town, Sandboxes, Death runs, all of the non-roleplay game modes... Until I clicked, "PoliceRP". When I clicked, "Police RP" I was already thinking about joining the most populated server. However, I had to explore other servers. I explored many other server that I forgot the name of, however, they probably don't exist anymore. After I completed the exploring, I finally decided to pick a server that I would play for a long time, it was, "GamingLight". After I loaded into the server, I was already amazed of the map. I saw the old apartments, court room in spawn, I even met the President upstairs using the elevator! Not only that, I saw the bank... It look very similar to the one I robbed on FiveM over at the GTA roleplay servers. After all of them exploring, I realized the map is pretty big, so I decided to get a vehicle. I went to the NPC that sold cars, and got me a vehicle. It was a starter vehicle, y'know... Those cheap ones that all the starters would buy, mainly for small transportations around the map. I got into my new car, and began to drive around. I saw the FBI base by spawn, Tactical Base, everything! I already knew this server would be great for me. After all of that driving, I decided to purchase a firearm. I adverted, "Hey! Anyone selling firearms? I need one!" and finally got a response from a gun dealer. He private messaged me his location, and that's when I began driving to the ghetto apartments. I arrived, entered the building, and searched for his room. I found it! Finally, at last... Something I can defend myself with. I asked what type of guns he sold, he mentioned all types of assault rifles, sub-machine guns, and even the pistols. I decided to buy the, AK-47. I gave him the cash, and then drove away, thinking about the bank and it's funds. I came to the conclusion, in which involved with hostages. Yep, that's right, my first ever hostage situation on the PoliceRP GamingLight community! I dragged those hostages into my car, and started driving to the bank. When I arrived, I put them into the vault, and then started the robbery. Tactical units were on-scene 30 seconds into the robbery, I decided to point my AK-47 at the hostage for the tactical unit that came to negotiate. SWAT was the one negotiating, and I demanded $10,000, free passage, and no law enforcement. The SWAT member did what I demanded. I looked behind me and saw that the vault was about to give me the money in 3 seconds. I got the money, and started un-restraining the hostage for the trade. After the hostage was released, I ran as fast as I could outside those bank doors, however, I got \zapped so fast, I didn't even touch my vehicle. After I got zapped, the officer cuffed me, and put me into jail for 10 years. After all of that, I decided to become an officer, and work for the Rockford City Police Department for the rest of my career.

• 2 months later...

First server I ever played was Icefuze Clone Wars server with a couple of my friends, we had so much fun. Then I found Prominent Gaming / Reborn Gaming / and a couple others and I fell in love with GMOD. Another big reason for downloading the game was venturian tale on youtube. IDK why but my younger stupid self thought it was cool.

Sergeant Major Nick Hunter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Private Drexus

Rockford Police Department - Badge 1A91                                                                                                                                                                                                         Shock Security Battalion - Badge SK091

• 1 month later...

Welp, GMOD RP I got my first taste a few years ago, took an eternity to join this DarkRP server, as soon as I joined, it lagged real hard and then a admin grabbed me and just banned me... And then next was on a friend's server, was banned by an admin cause I was minge (at the time I had no idea what that meant and they refuse to explain, instead just got banned)

Then I did a serious HL2RP thanks to a person I met on a Discord being incredibly darn friendly and well... you know... They taught me a lot about the server and helped me with plenty of stuff and finally learned what a minge was and much more, I stopped playing when said friend left... (Been trying to get her to try SCPRP now when her RP mood is back)

Then this year, probably just a few months ago I started in here and been having a great experience, found about SCPRP by watching a youtuber troll and make fun of people from the server lol... But I decided to give it a try and see if it was really that damn awful (He mainly stayed on D-Block questioning how was that fun and why the guards were anti-fun)

Ended up that I really enjoyed it and now I'm moving up on Chaos and have quite a lot of fun, so much that I'm waiting on a friend now to make the "D-Block Rework" I imagined, since he knows how to use "Crashy Hammer", so hopefully I will be able to present it on suggestions someday 😄

Pew! That was A LOT of bloody text!

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite YouTuber of all time: Seananners. I watched his videos and downloaded it. Played TTT for my first gamemode. Then went into SWRP for a very long time. I downloaded Garry's Mod back in 2015. I have roughly 3600 hours of SWRP on my belt. I have about 300 MRP and then rest is GL. I chose GamingLight over other PoliceRP is because of professionalism the community brings. I can't believe I left GMod from June 2020 to February 2021. If I didn't it be a bit different. 

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss