How did you get into Garry's Mod RP?

Snarlax

In 2014 I used to play minecraft and I would watch videos about mods ( I was only 10 ) I then accidentally clicked onto garrys mod and started watching those. I thought the game was so fun so I got it. It was pretty much the only game I had played until I had got my gaming computer and had started playing games like Rust, Arma 3, Dayz, CSGO and many others. I have liked the game since I have got it there being a never ending amount of things you can do. 

The first server I was on is shut down today it was a TTT server called Seal ? Seal somthing I forgot. But I remember joinging the server RDMing and then when the admin was talking to me I asked him whats RDM and they all started laughing.

I have got the game in 2014 and now have 3700+ hours.

I really don't remember the first time I got into Garry's mod RP I think I was 11 and playing on my cousins computer back when you used the crossbow to weld stuff those are fun days I still remember the days and nights I used to sneak onto my cousin's computer to play it

Edited by LT Velvet

When I first got Gmod, like most people, I had played sandbox like once and it hadn't been very fin doing alone, none of my friends played it and most of them thought it was dumb. Then I took like a 2 year break and got back into it when I got a new computer for my birthday. That's when I first discovered Multiplayer and was in and out of games trying to find one that I liked. I stumbled upon a server called none other than Gaminglight Police RP. I had joined the Police Department and got up to an OFC and then something happened and I just stopped playing for like a month. Then I hopped back on one day and forgot everything from my training so I got bumped back down to cadet. I got trained again, got to OFC, then SNR, then LCPL, then I started joining other departments like State Trooper, EMS, SS, and FBI. Somewhere in all that I had made a T-Mod application and it got denied, A month later I made another one and it got accepted. Then after all that, I made this.

I started playing Garry's mod just as a single player but then soon used it to play a great game mode called GTA 5 RP (before lawsuits). My parents wouldn't buy me GTA so I used gmod instead. I stumbled upon AltosRP and soon after Santos RP when they merged. Combined, I was with both communities over the span of a year then I started playing a lot of Mexican border RP because it was dark rp with a great twist. That lasted for about a summer then, in December of 2016 I stumbled upon gaming light policerp. I played off and on as a criminal until I formally joined the server in March of 2017 where I applied for staff.  And here we are today. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I downloaded Gmod because of a friends recommendation like 5 or 6 years ago right now i have 2365 hours in the game and i have no regrets.

For only $10 Gmod is more active then any other that ive seen atleast that i play and like, id recommend anyone if i could to download gmod because its great and i hope it never dies :D

• 2 weeks later...

The reason I bought gmod is because, All my friends had it, And they kept telling me to get it so we could do sandbox and mess around, So I did that, After that i found starwars rp, Which I took too then I found out, Police RP was a thing, Instantly became fond of it, Loved it ever since.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been playing garrysmod since the day the original came out. It was inevitable that I’d stumble upon RP. I started with PERP a loooong time ago and moved to DarkRP, MilitaryRP, and now SCP-RP. 

I love the communities and the ability to make good friends

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So, i watched zuthar13 in his golden days, and then aspired to be like him, and when that didn't work i decided to donate to a server (essential gaming roleplay) which was promptly shutdown and i was never refunded. I stopped playing for a few years until i recently came back and started playing XenoRP, which i donated to, and soon lost interest due to lack of new content and players. Then i found SCP-RP, PoliceRP, and a lot of other RP formed games. I soon joined this server and I've liked it here since.

Captures.png.3d37ddd184794a9697d982c8d0f2469e.pngall [GL] SCP-RP players are the same 😔

Oh man, my story is just plain simple.

My friend Sam and I were like 10 at the time and we always stuck with Minecraft, which we still play to this day. He showed me the Half-Life series because I was gamer illiterate and I became hooked on the entirety of Source Engine games. After only 3 months of that, he asked me to buy Gmod and I picked up my mom's credit card and spent the $10 for this epic game. I have now had it for nearly 10 years and I still enjoy playing it with my good friends when we just want to build something, then watch it blow sky high.

Between these years, I have made and owned over 15 servers and at least 20 communities. Each with their own stories to tell.

Just here to spread some good news.

Former Epsilon-11 Commander, Mod, Event Team

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard of Garry's Mod around 2015-2016, but it never really interested me enough to buy it. A couple years later I was in a group for another game. And the owner had decided that he, wanted to branch out to other games. He choose Gmod. He asked if anyone had it, and a good percent of the community did. He also said he would give away 3 free copies, to the first 3 people, that dmed him who were interested in joining as a Christmas Gift. So I did. I received the game the following morning. His server was setup under Police RP and I basically just started and got hooked. I played on many other servers. And just had fun in single player. Unfortunately his server closed down, and thats when I first found Gaminglight. I joined and I was hooked. Just the people, the staff, and everything really. Fun server to rp on, and after a while you kinda get to know who the staff are, who play a lot. And thats my story to how I ended up being where I am today

Signature.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tbh, my friend persuaded me into buying it. We screwed around in sandbox, then we tried out dark RP, something he was a master at. Took me a while to understand it. Then I tried things on my own, like jail break, and then Prison RP which I actually enjoyed. After a while I became so submerged with certain servers like DigitalDeltaGaming, Or Concordia SCPRP, but I dislike Concordia after getting falsely perma-banned for LTAP, then getting the forums account banned for trying to appeal. After that I returned to Digital Delta Gaming for a while until I found the perfect SCPRP server since the game mode interested me a lot. After that, around May-June I stumbled upon this community. I tried it, and I love it. Although there is a lot to keep track of, it’s not that difficult to grasp, and in my opinion this community is glorious. And that’s how I became interested in GMOD RP.

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

just got bored and started to play it

Currently -- | COL of PD | EMT of EMS | LVL 7 of UMC | Staff | Owner of CC Mar and Sike | Lieutenant STATE | Forums Diplomat | 

Was -- | DAD of FBI | MSGT of HRT | SA of Secret Service | IRA | Support staff | Event Team | CC Member of HRT | CSM Of SCU 1R45 | Retired Chief Constable of SCO19 | DOC CPT |                                 

Things always come and go but its your choice to choose  what you want to continue to see.   -  Mar

• 4 months later...

I actually didn’t discover that gmod had multiplayer for a year after playing the game because I’m just that dumb haha but after the fact I mostly start out on the basics like TTT and dark rp and such, but then I walked into a server a school to server made by gaming light and that changed everything for me

|PD Captain|UMC LVL 2|Deputy Dispatch Director|

"I love the rain"