How did you get into Garry's Mod RP?

Snarlax

June 5 years ago was the first time I created a steam account, and also the first time I had ever played Garry's Mod, which I had bought as a bundle with CS: Source. When I first got into gmod, I really had no interest in the community servers. Most of the time I would play singleplayer and just build away with some popular 2013 timeframe music playing on my computer. After a while, I stumbled across DarkRP, which brings back a lot of memories. I do remember my tireless efforts of getting staff back around that time, all summer really, but it never actually happened as server after server shut down. I really just got attached to DarkRP I guess? It's hard to explain but after my first couple of servers that I played, I really got interested in garry's mod and decided to play a lot more of the community server side, which almost 5 years later, has led me here to Gaminglight

So, Whats your story? How did you get into gmod/how did you become interested in the RP style gamemodes?

• Like 1

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

Is it bad that I just downloaded it cuz my friend gifted it to me on steam, and then I enjoyed the game so I kept playing. Similar to you Snar I used to just build in the sandbox, but then I hit multiplayer and I enjoyed that jailbreak gamemode that has died out and most servers that I played have shut down. 

So then I checked out dark RP and one day confused police RP for dark RP and found Gaminglight. 

I downloaded it because it was... I don't remember.

I like rp. It helps stop the caos.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

I made my steam account 5 years ago. The first game I ever played was Terraria. Then after not playing in a while, I forgot my password and 5 days and 3 years ago, I made my steam account I use to this day. The first game I played was Unturned, and then I started to play many other indie games with my friends and I loved them so much. Eventually I started to play Counter Strike after watching my favorite youtubers playing it. I got into watching the majors and then my friend told me about Garrys Mod, and I fell in love at first sight. See, Minecraft used to be one of my favorite games and to see another building game was awesome.  I loved playing Sandbox and I was an admin on a certain multiplayer sandbox server. Then my friend @nowhere man told me about Roleplaying servers, and said i should try out DarkRP and then Gaminglight PoliceRP. I tried it out, and thats when i got into RP servers! (January 2018)

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

I first got gmod about 4 years ago to mess around on with my friends (will be about 5 years next month). I didn't play it much atal for about a year and then I got into a game mode called Jailbreak. I played there and Kitty also played there as the username Kitten. After about a year playing there, I started getting into SWRP and got my first staff rank on a very popular SWRP server. I got up to the highest non management position possible but then later left as I discovered GL PRP where I got up to sergeant major. After that I dedicated a lot of my time in PRP and now here I am, as the Deputy Chief. When I first started activley playing PRP, Kitty was there as well. We didn't even know we were on the same Jailbreak server until a couple months after activley playing.

My story pretty much

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

In all honesty i got into gmod because of the youtuber frisky was a bit of a minge when i first joined and on some other servers but actually got into the whole rp thing and havent looked back since and enjoy every moment i play on gmod nowadays

Signature.png

I personally got gmod because, i heard from a friend its amazing and used to watch venturiantale launch cars with boosters and stuff (I loved his lays chip bag mod review it made me laugh so much) and 4 years later, i bought it because i saw SWRP and though it was cool and after i got bored, just played singleplayer till i found MilRP then PoliceRP

1 hour ago, Wheat said:

I personally got gmod because, i heard from a friend its amazing and used to watch venturiantale launch cars with boosters and stuff (I loved his lays chip bag mod review it made me laugh so much) and 4 years later, i bought it because i saw SWRP and though it was cool and after i got bored, just played singleplayer till i found MilRP then PoliceRP

I didn’t mention it but venturian tale was the main reason I downloaded gmod

• Like 1

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

@Tim Brown told me about a game mode called Prop Hunt, and while at work I decided to check it out and join it. At first I was super Mingy and that’s when I accumulated my 12 warns that I have today, but then I started to go up in the department and I started taking this sever seriously. I joined Low command in Police and now I am a Major in the department. I was Staff on this server for a total of about 5 months. That’s my story!

I created a steam account and then I got gta4 as my first game, I watched a lot of the RCMP clan for gta4 and i stumbled across someone playing gmod and they were on a police rp server. 

so I got gmod and I searched for a police rp server witch was called tknation which was a rp server back in 2016 but is now abandon. when the community faded away I hoped around some servers, then I found gaminglight and I joined it, the people on the server was so nice so I stuck around and here I am in 2018.

I use to play arma 3 RP servers i also had gmod at the time but i never played it (i only had like 12 hours on it) until i saw an ad on YouTube advertising gaminglight PoliceRP, i was very interested in Police and Rp at the time and still am then i started to play on this server and people welcomed me to the server, now i have about 500 hours on this game just from this server and still growing just because of this server.

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

Around 4 or 5 years ago on my mac book, I used to always play league of legends and Warcraft 3 Frozen throne custom games. Then one day my friend that used to live down the street from me finally convinced me to waste my money on CSGO i spent like a year or so playing it got bored and figured i wasnt going to spend any more time actually trying to get better so i did what anyone else would and bought an aimware hack and got like 10 csgo accounts vac banned. Then after i ran out of money I realised that i had actually bought a bundle of csgo and gmod so i tried gmod out with my friend. We went on TTT and mass rdmed for awhile and then darkrp which we actually had a lot of fun on, but the admins were really aids. Then my other friend begged me to play on GL milrp and i did and really enjoyed it. Thats pretty much how i found the community i stayed on milrp for like 6 months then stuck to prp. And now im a 6'7 250lbs full muscle, i bench 325, and spend the rest of my day serious roleplaying on the best police rp server there is:GAMINGLIGHT 

On 12/22/2018 at 11:46 AM, Snarlax said:

I didn’t mention it but venturian tale was the main reason I downloaded gmod

same ^

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative

I bought Garry's Mod when it became Garry's Mod 13. Ever since I haven't even gotten bored of the game. First time I played, I stumbled upon any servers I could find that are interesting. I saw a DarkRP gamemode and I gave it a try. Up to this day, I am still interested in Garry's Mod roleplay. After a DarkRP server that I used to love shut down, I went and found Gaminglight PoliceRP. Gaminglight is probably the most organized Garry's Mod community I've known, the staff is nice, the players, etc.