Throwback Stories

th3

So I remember when I first hopped on the server (policerp) and stole a cop car. This staff member stopped me and gave me a verbal warning (much thanks Tupac) and immediately after I stole it again and he minged me for an hour with an actual warning. 

I didn’t really think but I had so much fun expounding and learning all about gmod and this great community.

Also being minged for an hour sucks

but I have been with GL for over a year and still remember the very first day I hopped on!

what about you?

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

mine was the yuki days  and shooting abunch of cops as anime models and asunas  tiny little one xDDD those were the days 

• Like 1

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

Remember when the tazer made them flop to the ground, and you could shock them while they were down, it was also near impossible to cuff em unless you knew, or that one tazer that fired a projectile with its own physics and it made their arms flail (it was near impossible to use)

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Well when I first started with GL and was a minge I tried to draw a Swatstika by Town Hall(On the Rockford map) and then Will Newel asked me what that was and I told him i was drawing windows but wasn’t completed. Then he took me on a roof and warned me and minged me for about 2 hours LOL. 

6 hours ago, Tom Brown said:

Well when I first started with GL and was a minge I tried to draw a Swatstika by Town Hall(On the Rockford map) and then Will Newel asked me what that was and I told him i was drawing windows but wasn’t completed. Then he took me on a roof and warned me and minged me for about 2 hours LOL. 

LOL I REMEMBER THAT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY. Will responded so fast too 

I first got on with Garth and went to the old red warehouse outskirts and we made tons of money off the old meth xD

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

I remember my very first warn - Me and an IRL friend, Seb, were standing on PD gate dancing and singing a song and then Nolan warned us for copbait. We then got arrested where Seb sang the Canadian anthem which resulted in Valkyrie showing up and mingeing him for ages.

Edited by tcoops
  • Laughing 1

8 hours ago, Haley said:

My favorite memory was back when me and Asuna and the rest of the Yukis chased Melon Man around yelling daddy daddy come back daddy while he was patrolling on PD. He always had the best reactions.

omgg thisss thoughhh

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, David Charleston said:

The first time I hopped on I had joined the Police Department and when I became and OFC I had gone into the ghetto and tazed someone with a gun out, I now know that's taze rush and now I regret it.

Did you get a warn?

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

My first memory is when I first got GMod and was server hopping to find a game mode I would like. After a few duds, I tried out PoliceRP and didn't care for it until I joined Gaminglight PoliceRP. I was picked up by a nice man (bus driver) who was in a stolen car and in a pursuit but at the time I did not know. We made it from spawn to the hill by Taco Bell after which, several PD slam us into the grass. He was killed and I was let go after some fast talking. All of it was so real, with other real people on both sides and I became totally immersed and hooked on GMod.

My first memory as PD was a traffic stop where a man with a baby were driving recklessly. He said the baby was driving, so I had to check the babies ID. In the process, the man accuses me of touching his baby inappropriately and I almost went to court over it but the server restarted and the judge left.

My first memory was of REDACTED so i kinda had a bad experience at first and started minging a ton and got myself LOADS of warns like an idiot. I'm alot better now, Still could use some work because i'm very VERY stubborn. But i have a'lot of fun in this community and wish it nothing but the best!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first time I logged in on PoliceRP, I walked outside and saw this morgan freeman dude walks up to me. He started singing to me (Nicolaaas). Then 2 seconds later a police officer shot him in the face and died. I then thought "Oh I can become a police officer??". I talked to a random guy and I hopped on as a cadet. A guy who was a CPL was training me (At the time, I did not know that was he was suppose to train me). He trained me but no admin came to whitelist me, he got off and I was left alone. The next day I had to be retrained and I finally got to be a ofc, I started my destiny from there :)! I love Gaminglight, I met some awesome people! 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

Digging around, found this photo. Dated about August 30 of 2018. I don't remember much of this day, mostly I got on and tazer rushed and then argued against an admin about how unrealistic that sounded. I never knew much. 

4PZoCp2.jpg

Hmmm my first time on the server I went around successfully robbing the bank, was fun when we had prone mod and good RP - that was back some time in February 2017. First time as a police officer was a week or two after, I passed the test we had at the time then rode along with MaxD, Kitty and Naby. From there I got promoted to CPL in 2 days.Afterwards it only took another week to get to SM, and look at my position now as the Deputy Commissioner

Edited by Unkn0wn_F1R3

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

On 1/14/2019 at 6:33 AM, Rando said:

My first memory is when I first got GMod and was server hopping to find a game mode I would like. After a few duds, I tried out PoliceRP and didn't care for it until I joined Gaminglight PoliceRP.  All of it was so real, with other real people on both sides and I became totally immersed and hooked on GMod.

could not have said it better myself 

• 1 month later...

I have many many photos, I think I will share the one of the first day of Imperial RP

Its a great shot of all the names, so I guess if you want some memories, here you go.

image.thumb.png.2bbaee03e836822170d8160abc036bed.png

I looked very hard to find some of them from a long long time ago more like Pre-Imperial RP, but as I have switched computers since then. Those are stored on another drive, maybe I will find it again. I'll make an effort to look

February 2015. I have 3 warns from 1 day 4 years ago, all for reason “TK.” I’m pretty sure I joined policeRP or something and ran over other cops. I don’t exactly remember, but I’ve played on GL servers since then. I just never got involved in the community until now.

I was an admin at GarnetGaming and a division leader at Hellsgamers at the time

Yeah I barely remember my first day as it was many years ago but it was on a WalkingDeadRP server and obviously it was a GamingLight server. I can’t remember if it was the first day or second day I bought a custom job on the server too.  

Also to add to this, I remember on StarWarsRP about 2 years ago, we had to take the ship out to do an event. It was funny because the ship got stuck with everybody on it. When the hatch closed the wings got stuck. 

Edited by TurdBerglar

• 1 month later...

The first time i got on to gaminglight was around august 2017. I only found it because i got a three day ban from a different policerp server for LTAPing ( at the time i had no idea what it was) I started playing on policerp. Every time i got off i always had a little speech of how much fun i had and who i hoped to see again. One day i then went to tryout Milrp. Thats when i realized i was going to stay with gaminglight. Every now and again ill hope on policerp but im mainly on Milrp. Its sad to start seeing a sever ive been on for about 2 years and spent over $400 on begin to die. My first policeRP screenshot is here-https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120271314  and my first Milrp screenshot was from when i was  a USN Seaman recurit -https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129645188  

EX Military RP Member |Marine CMDR, MP CMDR. DI CMDR,RUAF  ATCL LTC,EX Senior Mod / Wardog| 

ExImperial Rp MC RVMS AUO Lieutenant Colonel| Moderator GM III | 

• Bread locked this topic