Law Enforcement Explores story's Part 1

James Oliver

did you like it?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. did you like it?

• Yes.
    • No.

so I am a member of my local Law Enforcement explorers post. today we went to D.C, and saw the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
and got to see the changing of the guard it will stay with me for the rest of my life it was amazing. a few hours later we went to the international Police museum  and got to mess around in an Indiana State Trooper patrol car with the lights and stuff then we got to use a Shoot Don't shoot simulator 
the first group goes and gits a simple situation a police officer is being assaulted and needs help they arrive on scene get to the guy who has a gun by his side they talk to him for a little and get him to put it down a surrender. My friend and I go up I am nervous as hell because we a doing this in front of a lot of police officers they use real Glock 18's modified 
to shoot lasers at the screen when my friend and I get up the sim operator says "I want to get something fun for Y'all" so we on our First time ever using one of these or being put in a situation like this unholster our guns and walk in the guy has a Man hostage in a room with a wood floor and a glass window we see him and start yelling "DROP THE GUN COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP NOW" side note the guy in the room us running the sim so he can hear what we say and edit the video to go how he wants it to go but as he stated "If you are doing something right I will not make you fail I will make the sim go well for you" suddenly the guy turns around shoots the hostage and my Partner and I kill him I hit the guy twice in the head my partner hits him 1 time in the head and 1 time in the tourso I learned a lot from this like how fast these situations go down and how little time you have to react it can change drasticly at any time and all calls a are diffrent the first group got a fairly easy one we got a very intense one I always side with the Police but now I have an even bigger prospective on what they go threw.     

and Yes this story and all future ones are and will be true

• 3 weeks later...