SMT

Tattood Granny

Honestly, + support

I feel like there have been a ton of changes (for better or worse) that are major changes that noone has really been made aware of. Some people like the new (old) map, some don't. Some people wanted ARU, a lot didn't. I feel like players make suggestions and they either go right or wrong, but we always have to get community feedback when we are talking about updating and improving the community. With the downgrade of cert, the removal of BSI, NSA, and the adding of ARU among other changes that have been made without going to the community, I feel like the players are really just forced to deal with whatever the heads of the server decide for us, instead of making it a community effort to improve. Also, kinda doesn't reflect great (in my opinion) that the hardworking players of the server are getting demotes and removed from their departments out of nowhere and ARU is getting headed by high staff who created it in the first place. Seems unfair to me tbh.

• Like 2

+Support 

Well said, no disagreement at all. CERT is a great sub-department and it is just being discarded from the server. I played over three months in State alone and I just got into CERT and now it is just getting removed. My question is just why? Why doesn't the community have any say? Why do we have such little to do with the server although some of us have been on the server for over a year. Overall i'm just not behind the addition of ARU and the removal of CERT. I also feel that now State will now be meaningless, and that State will be the "outskirts pd" without our own sub-division of CERT. Now reread that last sentence please, we had two departments removed due to inactivity and I feel that will unfortunately happen to State as well. Overall i'm quite bothered about this change and if it does get completely abolished than I will have to leave the community for good, yea I know most of you probably don't care because what am I worth to the server, but I really hope all of this negativity towards ARU convinces SMT to not go through with their decision.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sour_doritos said:

+Support 

Well said, no disagreement at all. CERT is a great sub-department and it is just being discarded from the server. I played over three months in State alone and I just got into CERT and now it is just getting removed. My question is just why? Why doesn't the community have any say? Why do we have such little to do with the server although some of us have been on the server for over a year. Overall i'm just not behind the addition of ARU and the removal of CERT. I also feel that now State will now be meaningless, and that State will be the "outskirts pd" without our own sub-division of CERT. Now reread that last sentence please, we had two departments removed due to inactivity and I feel that will unfortunately happen to State as well. Overall i'm quite bothered about this change and if it does get completely abolished than I will have to leave the community for good, yea I know most of you probably don't care because what am I worth to the server, but I really hope all of this negativity towards ARU convinces SMT to not go through with their decision.

+Support ^^^^

- SRT Commander Blitzton 1K67 - PD MSGT Blitzton 1C67 - Future Pilot -

+Support

I like that ARU is back, but this was sorta a selfish move.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Stormzz said:

Aru isn’t being removed. It’s a gmod server. You choose to waste time on a virtual game to achieve a virtual rank. SMT do what’s good for the better. Stop complaining about this. This will change NOTHING I’m just saying guys......

Disagree completely.  This is a community. We play together every day and we have thoughts and opinions because the changes made to the server directly affect us. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but we are entitled to our opinions and can try to make a change if we would like. If the SMT changed Star wars to Star trek without talking to the community, I bet you guys would be as pissed as some of us are.

Just now, Tattood Granny said:

better for them

I mean yes you do have a point there but imagine this. What if there were no SMT? They get no days off on Gmod. They contribute so much and get shit on. They can at least have something to look forward. I understand they removed 3 departments without community say and added 1 tac unit but I mean it’s life man. It’s a virtual game

1 minute ago, cherry force said:

Disagree completely.  This is a community. We play together every day and we have thoughts and opinions because the changes made to the server directly affect us. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but we are entitled to our opinions and can try to make a change if we would like. If the SMT changed Star wars to Star trek without talking to the community, I bet you guys would be as pissed as some of us are.

Ok and you do have a point there. But it’s just one department. I won’t argue cause everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m just saying this post will do nothing man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stormzz said:

I mean yes you do have a point there but imagine this. What if there were no SMT? They get no days off on Gmod. They contribute so much and get shit on. They can at least have something to look forward. I understand they removed 3 departments without community say and added 1 tac unit but I mean it’s life man. It’s a virtual game

We need SMT I won't disagree, but we need SMT that consults the community. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzz said:

Aru isn’t being removed. It’s a gmod server. You choose to waste time on a virtual game to achieve a virtual rank. SMT do what’s good for the better. Stop complaining about this. This will change NOTHING I’m just saying guys......

I hate to say this, but this post is just awful. People spend literally thousands of hours on these servers every day to spend time with friends and roleplay and it is only fair that the community is able to have a voice in the community.

Just now, cherry force said:

Yea hate to say it but I disagree with Stormzz  100%, people dedicate so much time to have some fun.  That's all it is we did a bit of grinding to get where we are in the server  and its like useless now.

I personally think that it's just a video game so I don't really mind anything but I will say this...

It's totally unfair to all of CERT that they get ranked down to a secondary tac unit because of ARU being re-added back into the server and SMT didn't even notify them prior to making a decision. That's just me opinion.

• Like 2

Also, I remember Snar specifically telling the entire PRP staff team that there was no chance ARU was coming back. We were all in the dark.

He is quoted saying, "The same chance of ARU coming back was the same chance of Stan Lee reaching 96" 

While this could have been a joke, the staff team took this to mean ARU was not coming back at all, and the fact that it was added without consulting even the staff team who work hard for the server everyday too seems even more unfair.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cherry force said:

Also, I remember Snar specifically telling the entire PRP staff team that there was no chance ARU was coming back. We were all in the dark.

He is quoted saying, "The same chance of ARU coming back was the same chance of Stan Lee reaching 96" 

While this could have been a joke, the staff team took this to mean ARU was not coming back at all, and the fact that it was added without consulting even the staff team who work hard for the server everyday too seems even more unfair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

17 minutes ago, cherry force said:

Agreed