New Rule for Quoting

Wolfgangg

Qouting Rule  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be mandatory to add a personal comment if you quote someone?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Danny Muller said:

Huge -Support. Quoting players is a huge thing on GamingLight, I understand some frustration when people don't read what they are quoting. However, I have quoted people in the past and they have said exactly what I wanted to say, This is why I dont agree that this rule should be added.

^^^ I honestly agree with what Danny has to say here, I don't see why it needs to be changed.

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Danny Muller said:

Huge -Support. Quoting players is a huge thing on GamingLight, I understand some frustration when people don't read what they are quoting. However, I have quoted people in the past and they have said exactly what I wanted to say, This is why I dont agree that this rule should be added.

100% more or less im quoting someone because its exactly my thoughts on the thread/situation exactly like this thread. what your proposing is unneeded 

Signature.png

On 11/28/2018 at 6:07 AM, Danny Muller said:

-support

While it can get annoying I don’t feel it is necessary to have. A player will hopefully read what there replying on and decide there decision.  When they scroll though people who have previously replied they will see a +support or -support and choose the one they want. So at the end of the day the player is still giving the support he/she feels is necessary.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:07 AM, Danny Muller said:

@Wolfgangg, I completely see where you're coming from. You feel that other people are just quoting your personal message that you slaved away to right. I must say in my time at GL I've used the quote button only once without trying to get someone to expand on their idea or show them my point of views. I think the quote button is much better for people that want to debate or give different opinions. The one thing you must think about is the players who don't write as well, or don't want to spend their time writing. For this I say the quoting button is also perfect. 

At the end of the day it is a matter of personal opinion, but we shouldn't limit the quote button because it serves more than one purpose.

• 7 months later...
  • th3 locked this topic