New Rule for Quoting

Wolfgangg

Qouting Rule  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be mandatory to add a personal comment if you quote someone?

• Yes
    • No

A suggestion like the one I'm about to make was already shot down not long ago, but I believe it is necessary to try and talk about it once more. I propose that we make a rule making it mandatory to add a personal comment if you quote somebody. Recently, I have personally observed many examples of people abusing this feature attempting to increase their post count and by doing so, most of the time they quote already answered questions or comments. As well as the fact there is no reason to quote someone if you're trying to say the same exact thing because it was already said, just "like" the post, you don't need to repost the same thing. This is extremely annoying and regulations must be put in place to put an end to this toxic and useless behavior. 

Please read the entire post before you comment or vote in the poll.

Edited by Wolfgangg

2 hours ago, Vizz said:

+SUPPORT

this is a must it is so annoying when I put a ton of work into my post and then someone quotes it

Its pretty annoying tbh

+Support if possible

Edited by Timmemes

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

I really dont see the point of putting effort into making this happen, its never bothered me

U.S. Four Star General  August 2018 - January 2019/ Reinstated September 2019 - Present

Creator of AFSOC  l  Former MTF NU7 VCMDR  l  Former Storm Trooper CMDR

58 minutes ago, Tum-tumz said:

I really dont see the point of putting effort into making this happen, its never bothered me

^^^ I agree, if you have nothing else to say what's the point of saying something useless like "yes, i agree, ^^^, ..." 

16 hours ago, Tum-tumz said:

Sorry I’m going to have to agree with TUMZ here, adding a extra comment doesn’t make much sense. The only reason a quote should need a comment is if your reacting or responding. If your +/- Supporting saying: I Agree ^^^... would be usless when that’s what quoting represents that your saying the same as the other person.

Becuase of this, it’s a -Support from me

21 hours ago, Rhenic said:

-Support

There's no need for this rule. 

Of course, like most suggestions this isn’t a necessity. Simply a small thing that I don’t entirely care for on our forums. It doesn’t make sense to me why people would quote someone to show their support instead of just simply liking the post, because generally in the real world, when someone quotes another they are either responding or adding onto what another said, not trying to say the exact same thing that was already stated. That would look ridiculous...

Edited by Wolfgangg

Like spection said this post is a example why it aint needed, you dont need 10 people writing a different opinion when its a - support if they feel the same.

everybody is just quoting the first - Support because a different  comment is not needed

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

Huge -Support. Quoting players is a huge thing on GamingLight, I understand some frustration when people don't read what they are quoting. However, I have quoted people in the past and they have said exactly what I wanted to say, This is why I dont agree that this rule should be added.

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

5 hours ago, Danny Muller said:

Huge -Support. Quoting players is a huge thing on GamingLight, I understand some frustration when people don't read what they are quoting. However, I have quoted people in the past and they have said exactly what I wanted to say, This is why I dont agree that this rule should be added.

Lol, I quoted it.. You see what I did there? No. Okay.

• th3 locked this topic