Ending Server Advertisements in the Shoutbox

Wolfgangg

Ending Server Advertisements  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stop people from disrupting chat in the shoutbox for Gaminglight server advertisements?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

The Problem: Over the past few weeks I'm pretty sure all of you would agree that after the release of our new servers there has been an influx of people and staff alike posting server ads in the shoutbox. Granted all the servers advertised are Gaminglight servers they, in my opinion, have no place in our shoutbox. I have personally seen the people posting these ads interrupt conversations and inadvertently force topic changes on people who were trying to discuss important subjects, which is not fair or polite, to say the least.

Solutions: There are a few easy solutions to stop this dilemma, such as only announcing events in the announcement forum for the server and or announcing it on the steam group page. I have also seen people spamming for players to join their server in the shoutbox quite often as well and personally, I believe this must stop immediately. As someone who used to jump around from community to community, spamming for more players on the forums makes the server seem desperate and is completely and utterly unprofessional. To boost activity as I said before the only thing that you can do to help is announce major and fun events in the announcements section, otherwise, you're basically just annoying everyone on the forums.

Please do not tell me this is just something I am taking out of proportion too, I have overheard many conversations in-game and on discord regarding the same issue.

Edited by Wolfgangg

-Support

I have never seen people change the topic over someone advertising the sever they want players to join. Plus if you really want to have a full conversation with someone you can take it to PM's or teamspeak.

They are gaminglight servers this is a gaminglight website. Just ignore the messages because there is usually only one or two of them.

SMT also likes it when people do this. Players have the right to advertise any gaminglight server they want in the chat box as long as they dont spam it constantly which has never happend. 

It's a good way of getting people to join the server and like I said I have never seen people change a subject due to this plus you can always just ignore the message. 

• Fame locked this topic