I miss the old GamingLight

UrDadHasBigStraight

4 hours ago, ArmyGuy said:

First -) The whole PD situation, this is true and not true. Some if the PD members are RPing out stuff, I think majorily it needs to be enforced more @noot @Kitty @-Unknown- 

Second -) The whole serious RO server failed, it never worked out, it never grew, we are most likely never going to do that (keyword most likely) the amount of minges on the server is growing you're right, we trust that the staff team deal with them accordingly in anyway 

Third -) PD training is up to the PD high command on how ever they run it, there was originally no training so, it's good enough that there is a training session for OD

Fourth -) The thing about dead departments, if you want PM me your idea on the dead departments and I can explain some of you want @UrDadHasBigStraight

Fifth -Shootouts -) The amount of shootouts with cusotm classes and or criminals is getting ridiculous you're correct, it's really hard to maintain/control because it's up to the player base whether or not if they want to RO our a traffic stop (I mean we could add a rule but it could start arguments/fights, well look into it)

Sixth -) Can you elaborate more on "require games in families" IDK what that means 

Seventh -( The whole veichles dmanage thing, we're working on it fixing it, we don't know what to the issue is and how it got changed randomly (we're thinking it's a VCmod setting up g that changed, yet we looked through it and yet no luck of figuring out how to turn it off) 

Eighth -) It was more ela orted now on the motd, government HAVE to have some sort of RO when seeing the wanted sign above someone's head

What if we implemented a priority cooldown just like how FiveM has and how the mugging and kidnapping cooldowns are, maybe not as strict but like a pursuit cooldown where someone can only start a pursuit or "run" once every 15-20 minutes if they do it under that they can be warned.

Edited by ? Vinny

On 10/22/2018 at 11:14 AM, Hannah King said:

But honestly not being an asshole but we need some one to put as much effort as valk did and start  banning these toxic players in  the community    not in a power hungry way though and not  banning people who crashed in your car 

I completely agree, Valk was not nice or fair to a lot of people but at least he cared about the server enough to put out frequent updates and keep toxic players off the server.

5 hours ago, ArmyGuy said:

Fifth -Shootouts -) The amount of shootouts with cusotm classes and or criminals is getting ridiculous you're correct, it's really hard to maintain/control because it's up to the player base whether or not if they want to RO our a traffic stop (I mean we could add a rule but it could start arguments/fights, well look into it)

Make a rule that says that people can not evade or shoot at police unless they have a valid reasons.  Valid reasons would be things like:

• stolen vehicle
  • police are aware of a firearm on the driver
  • someone in the car has a warrant
  • suspended license (something RP'd out by an officer)
  • the officer makes it clear that the subject is going to be ARRESTED (not just detained)
  • drugs/money printers are present
  • the officer draws a weapons or taser on the subject
  • subject was involved in a VIOLENT crime or felony in the past 5 or 10 minutes
  • etc

A rule like this would make people RP things out and would substantially reduce the amount of shootouts.  This was a rule on a SantosRP-like server I used to play on and it made RP way better.  The only reason anyone would argue with this is if they are a completely non-serious player who isn't here for RP at all and makes them the exact kind of toxic player that we want gone.  Might cause those people to leave so population might go down, but then again all of the serious, good players that have left or are leaving might stay if its more bearable because of this.

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

20 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I completely agree, Valk was not nice or fair to a lot of people but at least he cared about the server enough to put out frequent updates and keep toxic players off the server.

Make a rule that says that people can not evade or shoot at police unless they have a valid reasons.  Valid reasons would be things like:

• stolen vehicle
  • the officer makes it clear that the subject is going to be ARRESTED (not just detained)
  • etc

A rule like this would make people RP things out and would substantially reduce the amount of shootouts.  This was a rule on a SantosRP-like server I used to play on and it made RP way better.  The only reason anyone would argue with this is if they are a completely non-serious player who isn't here for RP at all and makes them the exact kind of toxic player that we want gone.  Might cause those people to leave so population might go down, but then again all of the serious, good players that have left or are leaving might stay if its more bearable because of this.

Agreed 100%

22 minutes ago, Bronco said:

• stolen vehicle
  • etc

But these are already part of MOTD...If they shoot at police for no reason then it considers RDM.

4 minutes ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

But these are already part of MOTD...If they shoot at police for no reason then it considers RDM.

Shooting and evading.  Meaning if you get pulled over you have to RP the traffic stop and can not evade unless you have one of those valid reasons.  This also has to do with giving up after a situation where a suspect could only end a situation lethally given certain factors like the crime committed was violent, etc.

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

Just now, Bronco said:

Shooting and evading.  Meaning if you get pulled over you have to RP the traffic stop and can not evade unless you have one of those valid reasons.  This also has to do with giving up after a situation where a suspect could only end a situation lethally given certain factors like the crime committed was violent, etc.

Oh I see what you mean. I agree with you. As long they don't call for backup for no reason.

For most of these to happen, it would require Gaminglight PoliceRP to have a full on "culture" change. At the moment it would be fair to say that we are not a very serious server, besides some of the more specialized departments most people do not take roleplay very seriously. What I think should happen is that a community meeting or vote should take place sometime in the next few weeks to discuss any potential changes that community wants to see take place because I agree with you, I am here for the roleplay and it is absolutely no fun when people ruin it. 

Edited by Wolfgangg

15 minutes ago, Wolfgangg said:

For most of these to happen, it would require Gaminglight PoliceRP to have a full on "culture" change. At the moment it would be fair to say that we are not a very serious server, besides some of the more specialized departments most people do not take roleplay very seriously. What I think should happen is that a community meeting or vote should take place sometime in the next few weeks to discuss any potential changes that community wants to see take place because I agree with you, I am here for the roleplay and it is absolutely no fun when people ruin it. 

We should ask ourselves, what kind of vision we want to see on PoliceRP. People keep saying we want more RP. But I think it better we should pinpoint exactly what the problem.

3 hours ago, Bronco said:

suspended license (something RP'd out by an officer)

I think they should add some kind of thing on the website where you can make your own RP character with registered vehicles license information and warrants like on fivem. This would add a really cool element to the server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UrDadHasBigStraight said:

I think they should add some kind of thing on the website where you can make your own RP character with registered vehicles license information and warrants like on fivem. This would add a really cool element to the server.

that's a really good Idea

14 hours ago, ArmyGuy said:

First -) The whole PD situation, this is true and not true. Some if the PD members are RPing out stuff, I think majorily it needs to be enforced more @noot @Kitty @-Unknown-

We are currently working on some new rules and probably getting more trainings scheduled soon but wed need some more low command that are willing to work together at scheduled times with their timezones, eg we have enough people for EST and GMT hosted times but wed like more people to help out for all people in their own timezones to have a chance to be in a training + we're bringing in more harsher punishments on all ranks

I also really think changing the no arrest after revived rule back would make a huge difference in roleplay and even if we tried it for a few days, I think it would make a drastic effect on increasing RP, if it was re-implemented 

Edited by -Unknown-

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

On 10/22/2018 at 9:53 AM, -Unknown- said:

I agree, we're trying our best with PD trainings and coming down harder on unprofessionalism in PD, but we still get little to no RP out of anything. I think that this could be affected quite a bit by the revive rule where you can't be arrested after being revived. This increased the amounts of shootouts and decreased RP a lot overall. We're also working on official quizzes and official trainings to be hosted at least once a week for all PD. 

As for other departments, they all have quite a lot of people but you may not see them very often.

It would only take a couple rules to change to make a big difference and to increase roleplay as a whole.

PoliceRP Manager

On 10/23/2018 at 11:46 AM, JMS said:

I feel like the EMS rule(Pd can’t arrest after the person is revived)  has a huge part in the lack of RP because criminals just go into a shoot out in every situation ,because they won’t have any consequences because EMS half of the time revive you and they drive away and you don’t get arrested so you can just get in another shoot out. Back then people would RP traffic stops so they won’t get arrested but now they just kill the cop.

yes i agree with you, may be we remove this rule becuse reviving some one is not classed as the person dieing as they get REVIVED so that means law enforcement should be able to arrest them it makes more sense to me and sorts this issue out

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve