Toxic Players

Zeeptin

You guys have to understand that we actually love constructive criticism and I’m always open to it. But there is a fine line between constructive criticism and dissrespect. It’s not tolerated here. Just try to stay nice and positive. Trust me, it gets you way farther than being mean and dissrespectful. Both in this community, and in real life.

5 minutes ago, Fame said:

You guys have to understand that we actually love constructive criticism and I’m always open to it. But there is a fine line between constructive criticism and dissrespect. It’s not tolerated here. Just try to stay nice and positive. Trust me, it gets you way farther than being mean and dissrespectful. Both in this community, and in real life.

I joined this community not that long ago yet in many departments I have got pretty damn far in a short period of time, it was all through being just kind to people, before I came to GL I used to be toxic back in the day but I grew up and went through many hard times IRL which kind of made me mature pretty quickly. What I'm trying to say is, being kind and being courteous to others will get you much further than if you are toxic.

Really awesome post.

Edited by [GL] Tom

6 minutes ago, Fame said:

Nicely put

You see the thing here is we try our best to deliver our constructive criticism to this community but if we step too far out of line in which we feel needs to be changed or is unjust will automatically be categorized as disrespect. For instance,  if one talks bad about a server that being SWRP  against PRP or vice versa, no one would care. But if someone would take shots on a server in which the SMT/Owner feel strong for the person who tried their best and worked their ass off for the community, they would be shunned and put down. I understand if you feel or take that as disrespect but at least handle it in a better manner rather than just straight taking shots at that person. Another thing I think that is being taken away from us is our right to Freedom of Speech. Now don't get me wrong disrespect regarding just being "blatant" or "talking shit" is a punishable offense which I understand that. However, if one feels inclined to speak up for what they think is wrong in their different matter which isn't disrespectful at all,  they are shunned for it is completely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but that is just one of the problems that I have with this. I am going to be 100% truthful about this for this is my opinion and I am entitled to it. 

1 hour ago, Zamasu (Caboose) said:

You see the thing here is we try our best to deliver our constructive criticism to this community but if we step too far out of line in which we feel needs to be changed or is unjust will automatically be categorized as disrespect. For instance,  if one talks bad about a server that being SWRP  against PRP or vice versa, no one would care. But if someone would take shots on a server in which the SMT/Owner feel strong for the person who tried their best and worked their ass off for the community, they would be shunned and put down. I understand if you feel or take that as disrespect but at least handle it in a better manner rather than just straight taking shots at that person. Another thing I think that is being taken away from us is our right to Freedom of Speech. Now don't get me wrong disrespect regarding just being "blatant" or "talking shit" is a punishable offense which I understand that. However, if one feels inclined to speak up for what they think is wrong in their different matter which isn't disrespectful at all,  they are shunned for it is completely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but that is just one of the problems that I have with this. I am going to be 100% truthful about this for this is my opinion and I am entitled to it. 

Yeah that’s fine! We don’t take away peoples freedom of speech! We like you guys’s criticism. We just don’t like it when people are intentionally dissrespectful to ANYONE in GamingLight. We don’t encourage dissrespect, and there is a fine line between criticism and dissrespect. You can criticize someone without being dissrespectful and rude, but some people choose not to do that and instead be extremely rude in their comments. We have never punished someone for constructive criticism. We only punish people for being directly and intentionally dissrespectful. Especially to our servers. So we don’t want you to feel that we’re trying to hide your opinions or shun others who give it. Because everyone is entitled to their opinion. But if your opinion is rude, dissrespectful, or innapropiate, you should keep it to your self. We don’t want to hurt others feelings here. You guys have to understand that some people, including my self at one time, CAME to GamingLight because it was more of a “Safe Place” for us, or we came to escape our real life’s and enjoy some minor entertainment for a few hours. However, when people are being mean and or bullying other members in the community it actually can affect people. In reality, you don’t know what people go through in their real life. Yes, I do agree that sometimes people feel they need to voice their opinion to be heard. But you don’t have to be dissrespectful in doing so. Going on the forums and bashing another server and it’s Manager just because you don’t agree with it is NOT constructive criticism at ALL. Don’t be confused. 

What I like to tell people is look-

I’ve come a long way in this community. And I feel it’s my duty to mentor others. I garuentee you will get WAY further in this community by just being nice and a good rolemodel, than you ever could by being dissrespectful and Toxic. How do you think John, Snar, Myself, Gaur,Spection, or any other SMT member became SMT? Not by dissing others and than turning around and saying it’s “constructive criticism”  or calling another sever garbage and it won’t survive a week and than saying, “oh well I’m just voicing my opinion”

All in all, I’ve seen a lot of people succeed in this community, and I’ve seen a lot of people fail as well. And they all had some things  in common; they we either Toxic, Rude, or Dissrespectful. These lessons go way further than just a Gaming Community On Garrys Mod. This goes into real life too. No one is going to want to be friends with you, or even work with you if you’re extremely toxic and rude.

Really, I just don’t think people understand the true meaning of “Constructive Criticism” and that was why this post was created.

SO IN NO WAY is GamingLight SMT taking away anyone’s freedom of speach or trying to hide peoples opinions. We’re just trying to keep our Community as positive as possible!! 

Thanks for reading ?

• Fame locked this topic