A website suggestion (not sure if this is the right place)

October

What you want to see? - I think people should be able to lock their own threads compared to having to wait for SMT.

Why should we add it? - Think about it. If you have a role call you can lock it yourself instead of having to wait for SMT. You can already hide/delete your own threads so what’s the difference?

What are the advantages of having this? - Can help department heads, and people who are posting informationals about certain things, and can also be used to lock old content that doesn’t need to be responded to.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone I guess

Links to any content - N/A but you will have edit the coding of the website ? 

(edit)

I personally am not a coder so if this would require a lot of work I personally don’t think this would need to be added then. 

Edited by October

On 8/27/2018 at 9:54 PM, Kiki said:

+SUPPORT

18 hours ago, Jeff Junior said:

-support could be abused 

i see both sides to this support -+

Edited by Chad B

PD Captain  Senior Moderator Late night minge patrol 

On 8/29/2018 at 6:50 AM, Jeff Junior said:

could be abused 

May I ask how can it be abused. You have to think about how only you can lock your own threads (and also possibly forum diplomats). I see your argument but I think your fears are irrational. 

30 minutes ago, October said:

May I ask how can it be abused. You have to think about how only you can lock your own threads (and also possibly forum diplomats). I see your argument but I think your fears are irrational. 

nope if a spammer is starting to spam and locks and pins it 

it is just a bad ide 

if anyone should get it it should be forum diplomats and smt jmt and noone else

• Fame locked and unlocked this topic

9 times outta 10, if a post needs to be locked. SMT probably need to look through it first. What are you gonna lock anyways that would still not have to be pinned by SMT?

"Proud to be a T-Mod and here to help!"

[MilitaryRP] General of the Army

[PoliceRP] SGT Johns 1D46 & SNR Trooper & [Former] EMS Deputy Chief

1 hour ago, John_ said:

9 times outta 10, if a post needs to be locked. SMT probably need to look through it first. What are you gonna lock anyways that would still not have to be pinned by SMT?

I think hes getting at applications and informationalls, but in those cases the people who want them locked like high command wouldnt be able to lock them, and for informationals they would be eventually locked if they're good anyway. 

-Support, allowing all users to do this wouldnt fix the issues, forum diplomats should be able to though in my opinion

U.S. Four Star General  August 2018 - January 2019/ Reinstated September 2019 - Present

Creator of AFSOC  l  Former MTF NU7 VCMDR  l  Former Storm Trooper CMDR

• 3 months later...

DENIED 

This will not work, usually members really do not legitimately need things locked. SMT is always willing to lock things for you guys!

• th3 locked this topic