Friendly Steve Trial Mod App (2nd)

Friendly Steve

Should Friendly Steve be a Trial Mod?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Friendly Steve be a Trial Mod?

• Yes(Reason)
    • No(Reason)

1. What is your in-game name?: Friendly Steve

2. What is your steam name?: Friendly Steve

3. What is your steam ID?: 76561198008144172

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)
    Yes! I had been staff on a DARKRP server (Super Admin) many years ago as well as successfully ran an Arma 2 DayZ Epoch and Overpoch server for 4 years before Bohemia decided to shut down servers who were selling donor packages (Loot crates etc). Which inevitably made running the servers cost to much. At one point we were rank #1 Dayz Epoch server and hovered around there (it was called motoclangaming)

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)
    Approximately July 5th

6. What date did you make your forums account?
    Wednesday July 11th
    Since my last application I have really attempted to up my involvement in the community on the forums. I try to get on the forums once per day to see what is new. I have learned to realize the importance of community involvement as well as gaining trust of the community that might trust me in a position of power.

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?
    VIP+

8. How many warns do you have on the server?

9. Have you donated?
    Yes I have purchased 60 credits (60 USD)

10. What rank are you applying for?
    Trial moderator and if I get accepted and turn out to be a good fit I would love to climb the ranks to help out more and to teach and mentor other staff!

11. Have you read the staff guidelines at http://gaminglight.com/main/topic/20650-staff-handbook/? You will be tested on it:
    Yes I have!

1. Timezone:
    - EST (Canadian)

2. Permission (Admin+ need this):
    - N/A

3. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum):
    Ever since being denied the first time it has really taught me what I needed to work on. I have tried to up my activity throughout the day so that more players get to know me and see me. I have also tried to up my activity on the forum as well. I guess what I am trying to say is I am willing to learn and also learn from my mistakes. I strongly believe I deserve this rank because I can be one of many faces of gaminglight that make players continuously come back. I love being able to help people and I have spent a lot of time already just trying to help players with the game itself (Garry mod issues) or even other things related (such as getting Teamspeak installed when it was not working for a player). Helping people is what I like to do as helping people is what I do for volunteering as well as work (Volunteer with youth addictions, at risk youth, women who had been through sexual assaults and currently work as a Security Supervisor).

4. I  have been a gamer for more or less since I could pick up a controller/mouse/keyboard. I love making experiences for others rewarding and also teachable. Being that I have ran a server and suffered through some slumps due to people losing interest in a certain game mode I would not be one to quit easily and I can always be counted on. I am currently in the process for applying to a regional service (Getting my ATS) and the thought of playing on a Police RP server really intrigued me. Ever since joining the staff have been nothing but helpful/fair and honest and it is something I would want to model myself towards so other players may share the same experience as I.  I am aware of the rules that are given regarding the server and I can say I will not break any of the server rules and will show the utmost professionalism as a staff member. I am not a hot headed guy and I am able to effectively defuse situations, I also know how frustrating some situations may be for players so I would be able to keep calm and try to help them through it. I often try to find the best in the worse situation and that has helped me through many hurdles in my life. I have been called very optimistic and a fun person to be around because I love having fun and also creating friendships and long lasting memories.

I really hope I am given the chance to become a staff member this time around, I would absolutely love the opportunity to show you guys what I can offer and become apart of the community even more. Thank you all so much for taking your time to view and vote on my application, despite what happens I will see you all in game!

5. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
    I would first let him know I am bringing him to a sit due to complaints against him for RDMing. I would attempt to explain the rules to him (I would also look at his play time as with a certain amount of time on the server a player should be expected to know the basic rules of an RP server even though it is stated in the motd!). If the individual continued to curse at me I would mute him so I could continue speaking with him and explain the rules of the server and why he shouldn’t be doing that. I would tell the individual that I am just trying to investigate what happened and I would appreciate the same level of respect that I am going to be giving him. If I did not actually see the individual RDM I would look into the plogs to see who he damaged/killed and in what time frame he did it. I would then give him an opportunity to speak afterwards and if he were to continue to be disrespectful I would then follow procedure (could be a warning for staff disrespect + RDMing) or a ban. Of course I do acknowledge that not everyone is aware of the rules despite their playtime so If the person appeared to be sincere enough and it seemed to have been an honest mistake I would simply just inform the individual that this is a verbal warning and next time there will be an actual warn now that he's been informed of the server rules.

Edited by Friendly Steve

+ Support

-Great Application 

- Active in game

-Needs to be a bit more active in TS and on forums 

- No warns is great 

-I feel is just fit for the job of a staff member  

Good Luck 

• Thanks 1

Banned from Signatures - Valk - DNR - 11/25/17

13 minutes ago, Jeff M. said:

+ Support

-Great Application 

- Active in game

- No warns is great 

Good Luck 

Reasons above

• Thanks 1

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

1 hour ago, Vizz csgotower.com said:

+SUPPORT

Good guy

very nice

really fun to play with

good application

• Thanks 1

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

+Support

Active in-game

Although I don't really see you much on TS

Forums activity is pretty good

Application is well made and has a great amount of effort

Seems to know what he is doing as a Staff

Friendly, mature and respectful towards other players

Zero warns, shows that he is not a minge

Knows the rules pretty well

Overall deserves a chance on being part of the PoliceRP Staff team! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dane said:

+Support

Active in-game

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 7:20 PM, Jeff M. said:

+ Support

-Great Application 

- Active in game

- No warns is great 

Good Luck 

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, Dane said:

+Support

Active in-game

• Like 1

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

On 7/30/2018 at 7:20 PM, Jeff M. said:

+ Support

-Great Application 

- Active in game

- No warns is great 

Good Luck 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 7:34 PM, Felix said:

+ Support

-Great Application 

- Active in game

- No warns is great 

Good Luck 

• Like 1

+/- support 

+  great person 

+ no warns

+ friendly face

- new? (I can’t if you are new since you dident put a date for when you joined)

OVERALL,  I THINK YOU DESERVE STAFF

• Fame locked this topic