[ESC] A

Updated Flying Handbook 2018

Flying Handbook 2018

Written By: Ace Mistry 

Introduction:

Welcome to the USAF Flying Handbook. I am your AFSOC Lead, Ace Mistry.  I am incharge of any and all pilots including donator pilots in USAF. Within this document you will learn the controls of WAC, Proper procedure of taking off and landing, what is expected of you as a new pilot, and steps to take to further your career as a pilot.

To become a basic helicopter pilot you must be MSGT+ and tryout. You can also donate for access to some pilot classes.

Starting to Fly:

First, if you are MSGT+ and you plan on being a pilot frequently you must have a callsign. This must consist of any combination of 3 letters and/or numbers. Let me or any AFSOC member know once you have chosen your callsign. (This should be done after you have received your basic helicopter pilot whitelist.)

See roster for any combinations taken.

Second, you need to familiarize yourself with the WAC controls. These can be found by going into your

Q Menu → Options → WAC → Aircraft.

Find the controls that work best for you.

Please practice before training/tryouts, we don’t have time to waste teaching WAC from the start.

Third, establish a flight route to take when doing strikes, and/or dropping people off. This is a necessity to be consistent and to increase chances of survival. Russian weapons, along with drones, can push aircrafts and take out the engine in one mag if focused correctly.  

Take-off and Landing Procedures:

-Taking Off: After safely spawning in you aircraft, make sure the area is clear of other soldiers as they can easily breaking parts of the vehicle such as the tail rotor. Next make sure the airspace is clear for take off. Once you have check for both you may take off. If you plan on flying during peace, PTL must be accepted by AFSOC members. If you are on a donator job then PTL must be accepted by AFSOC Team Leaders. If none are on, MAJ+ within USAF may grant PTL. Leaving base without PTL will result in your aircraft being shot down.

-Landing: This follows most of the same steps as taking off. Make sure the airspace and landing zone is clear, and do not neglect auto-hover to ensure a proper landing.

What is expected of you:

As a pilot you are expected to follow procedure and follow orders of AFSOC members and/or AFSOC Team Leads. Disobeying orders from either will lead to the blacklist of helicopter pilot. ( Note: Only Team Leads can control donator pilots. AFSOC Members can control Basic Heli Pilots.) You are also expected to provide whichever service is necessary, whether its transport, or strafe runs.

Further Advancement as a Pilot:

If you wish to continue to be a pilot and want to join AFSOC, look at the requirements to join in the AFSOC informational. Once you have done that and meet the requirements, talk to Ace Mistry. I expect a lot from our pilots so please practice before trying out. You can get a max of 3 attempts.

Conclusion:

Following what’s listed in this handbook will ensure your safety and the safety of those around you. It will also ensure you further advancing within USAF.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.If you have questions regarding being a pilot do not hesitate to ask me.

- USAF AFASC VCMDR Ace Mistry

Edited by [ESC] A? A? A? A?