"Hacking/Scripting"

13 posts in this topic

Steam Name: Kermit LéFrog

Ingame Name: US PVT BHop

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:38143127

Ban Length: Permanent

Admin that Banned you: Fame

Reason for Ban: "Hacking/Scripting"

Dispute: Hacking is a bad word for this.

First of all, I didn't use "hacks", I used a script which told me when admins are watching me, because I do not like being tracked/watched. Secondly, they claim I'm "hacking" when I BHop, when I explained time and time again that actually I was binding Mouse wheel down to +jump. When I screenshared, nothing else happened, but instead the admin decided I was "hacking" and permabanned me. Everyone agrees that I wasn't minging or using it to influence gameplay, so there was no real price to pay for my actions.

Honestly, I don't see the problem with using something ALREADY accessible in the game's engine.

Just sayin'.

13 minutes ago, Kermit LéFrog said:

So what, it didn't provide any gameplay benefits, and it was in the steam overlay so it wasn't technically ON GamingLight

You were using scripts on/whilst playing on a Gaminglight server and you just admitted to it. 

-support

1 minute ago, Kermit LéFrog said:

It's a script which tells me who's watching me, who actually cares, it doesn't actually affect anyone else

It affects any staff member watching you.

Just now, Kermit LéFrog said:

So because I know they're watching me, that somehow affects them?

Okay.

If you were reported for breaking a rule, and they started to watch you, you could just pretend to be doing nothing wrong. No other player has/is allowed to use this. It gives you a chance to stop breaking rules (if you do) when staff watch you, preventing them from seeing you do anything wrong and giving you a proper punishment.

54 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

If you were reported for breaking a rule, and they started to watch you, you could just pretend to be doing nothing wrong. No other player has/is allowed to use this. It gives you a chance to stop breaking rules (if you do) when staff watch you, preventing them from seeing you do anything wrong and giving you a proper punishment.

He's 100% right you're using the tool that ineffectively makes our jobs harder to be able to make an accurate assumption to the problem that is reported to us this is why we do not allow certain scripts or any strips of the sorts in our community because all we try to do is make it a fair playing Ground for all players.

3 hours ago, Scheffer said:

He's 100% right you're using the tool that ineffectively makes our jobs harder to be able to make an accurate assumption to the problem that is reported to us this is why we do not allow certain scripts or any strips of the sorts in our community because all we try to do is make it a fair playing Ground for all players.

Based on simply your explanation it seems you are saying it is okay to use scripts, and the language you are using makes you out as the victim in this situation. That "everyone agrees" you wernt minging so it's okay.

Generally when going about trying to get unbanned dont act like you are 100% in the right and anyone arguing with you is wrong.

Your response leaves much to be desired but based on what you said you wernt hacking, but still scripting none the less.

5 hours ago, Kermit LéFrog said:

Reason for Ban: "Hacking/Scripting"

5 hours ago, Kermit LéFrog said:

It's a script 

4a4.gif

Edited by Injoker

I mean its not like you were really even playing the game. You just sit as a recruit and do nothing.