PUBG sues fortnite

As we know 13 hours ago the owner of PUBG has officially sued fortnite for copyright infringement.

what are your opinions on this?

my opinion is that fortnite had it coming to them if you’ve heard about the tension between them. Plus the first player unknowns battle royal game came out as a mod on arma 3 basically meaning yes pubg came before fortnite made there battle royal. I’m a fan of pubg but like fortnite for its simplicity. Basically fortnite most likely will lose the case and maybe go bankrupt and shut down the servers.

Smurf aproved

The problem with this lawsuit is simple: You can’t copyright a gameplay mode or genre. If this was the case, every tabletop RPG after Dungeons & Dragons would have been sued into oblivion. Every first-person shooter after Wolfenstein and DOOM would have been hit with a lawsuit. It’s like trying to copyright basketball or hockey. You can’t do that. 

Also it’s a very bad thing for PUBG aswell seeing 

If fortnite looses the lawsuit, Epic Games still owns Unreal Engine 4 which PUBG uses.

I’m still scratching my head over the whole thing. I’m not sure what PUBG Corporation thinks they can achieve here. I’m not sure it’s a very smart idea to sue the company whose engine you happen to be licensing for your own game.

(Taken from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/05/30/pubgs-lawsuit-against-fortnite-is-utterly-silly-and-absurd/amp/)

• Bread locked this topic