Why I never disconnect

Inactive

I am always being flamed about going afk on civilian and I realized I am yet to explain why. This post is going to explain why I do it and hopefully will end the never ending series of extreme rudeness about it. I have issues when I join the server. It ususally takes about fifteen minutes to get through the loading screen and if that wasn't bad enough, it often crashes. I have been unable to find a fix for this. I think it's connected with the fact I don't often have lag issue(I think it has something to do with it doing a significant amount of pre-rendering and stuff like that), but I'm unsure. The reason I go afk as a civilian is because I would never be on if I disconnected every time. If it takes up to an hour and a half to actually join in, I wouldn't be able to be active in everything. I have plans to speak with a manager about making an exception to the rule about being afk because I literally can't do it or I would never be able to get on. I hope this cleared up a few things and maybe now people won't claim I'm "farming server hours" and other rude things.

Edited by Ryan The Epic Guy

Ok lemme just say something if the "crashing" is the game freezing it happens to me too just do not close the game out until it load. The reason it happens is because it is too much for your computer to handle both loading the communications and the loading screen at the same time so by freezing the game it saves your computer resources to ensure your entire OS does not crash. Try reconnecting and if the game freezes just wait the amount of time it normally takes to load in do not close the game when it gives you the option to close or wait just wait!

Police RP

• Police Sergeant Major 1D32
  • SWAT Private XA57
  • State Trooper 1T
  • FBI SA KGB59

Imperial RP

• 501st JT Lance Corporal Indigo 3120
  • Inquisitor Apprentice
  • Navy Crewman Pliskin

I don't have a good computer and it takes me at a max 10 minutes to log in. I just let it sit there and bam I'm in. 

Legit I thought you were gonna link a sc of a car and say you were farming to get the 55 mil car.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

I don't have a good computer and it takes me at a max 10 minutes to log in. I just let it sit there and bam I'm in. 

Legit I thought you were gonna link a sc of a car and say you were farming to get the 55 mil car.

Same for me, I have the most potato laptop I game on and I load in max 3min

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

its a glitch i believe. garrys mod fully crashes

My game was crashing constantly about a week ago and I just restarted my computer and it was fine, it was the lua panic error thingabob

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

It’s takes everyone a long time to load it it’s normal for a game like Garry’s mod and the fashion it runs in. It takes me forever to get into the server and to not crash but you don’t see me afking as a civ. The only person allowed to afk hours is Zeeptin xD jkjk. But seriously not really an excuse 

~Mervin

Back on my laptop that literally had a 1.7ghz Graphics card and 4 gigs of ram I could load in any server in under 10 minutes. 

Literlly the the only reason it would take 30 is if you didn’t install the addons, so fastdl has to download everything. Even then that would require you to delete your /downloads folder every day  

Side note, I see you afk for like multiples of hours not just 15 minutes and it's quite fishy how you crash everytime at around 10-11 at night pst and go citizen during your "Crash Epidemic" when you were playing before I mean no harm through this just stating what i've seen.

I go afk as a civilian because it is deemed as the equivelant of not being on at all. I have an Intel I5 6500t 3200 GHz processor and 6.55 Gigabytes of RAM left which should be plenty for Gmod because Gmod is well known for literally running on a potato.

I go afk as a civilian because it is deemed as the equivelant of not being on at all. I have an Intel I5 6500t 3200 GHz processor and 6.55 Gigabytes of RAM left which should be plenty for Gmod because Gmod is well known for literally running on a potato.

AFK on citizen is STILL AFK like any other job... You go into the AFK menu and most civs only stay AFK for less than an hour...

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

go to your Garrysmod folder and then garrysmod again -> downloads -> server and delete everything inside the server folder.

Make sure your power settings are set to High Performance

go to your Garrysmod folder and then garrysmod again -> downloads -> server and delete everything inside the server folder.
Make sure your power settings are set to High Performance

would this work for me too

As told before, mine does the exact same thing, yet I still manage to be online everyday, switch between games and still get on and get off when supposed to. It's no excuse cause your game crashes, especially how much you boast about how active you are.

zaynheader33.thumb.jpg.30c5314912e63e4d8

AFKing can attract more players at odd times. People are more likely to join a server with 17 players than 15; however, admins can still kick people if they are AFK when the server fills up so I have no problem with this.

Gaminglights Original Rapper

1845706791_Divide-05(1).jpg.b76c64c6377ace44ec776155ae886529.jpg

AFKing can attract more players at odd times. People are more likely to join a server with 17 players than 15; however, admins can still kick people if they are AFK when the server fills up so I have no problem with this.

Staff are not supposed to afk on the server no matter how many people it "attracts"

~Mervin