PD Obstructing FBI from entering Bank during Raid

Illuminati

A bank raid was initiated and I (Illuminati) went enroute to the scene. SWAT Member Kade provided FBI the authority to move into the bank and handle the situation over voice in FBI Patrol Room 1 Teamspeak channel. When we got to the bank front doors, a PD Captain  named Jake Croft attempted to stop us from proceeding. I told Captain Jake to stand down twice as he threatened to have me demoted. Jake proceeded to stand in front of the interior lobby door of the bank, blocking us from getting to the vault. It was then I warned Captain Jake a final time to move out of the way. Jake continued to stand fast not moving so, under the authority previously given by SWAT Kade and seeing how Captain Jake Croft was clearly Obstructing Justice and Interfering with Law Enforcement Duties, I no longer saw him as a Cop, but as a criminal with a gun and a suspect of the raid. With that in mind after careful consideration, Captain Croft was eliminated from the situation and the FBI, SWAT as well as the Sheriff continued to clear the vault, successfully ending the raid.

I'd like to see Captain Jake Croft demoted/terminated from his position and/or retrained as well as a refresher provided to the whole PD. Captain Croft became a criminal during that raid and should be charged as such.

Charges:
18 U.S. Code § 1517 - Obstructing examination of financial institution

18 U.S. Code § 1510 - Obstruction of criminal investigations

18 U.S. Code § 118 - Interference with certain protective functions

18 U.S. Code § 111 - Assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers or employees

Resources:

" In 1934, it became a federal crime to rob any national bank or state member bank of the Federal Reserve System. The law soon expanded to include bank burglary, larceny, and similar crimes, with jurisdiction delegated to the FBI."

https://www.fbi.gov 

"Federal law gives the FBI authority to investigate all federal crime not assigned exclusively to another federal agency (28, Section 533 of the U.S. Code). Title 28, U.S. Code, Section 533, authorizes the attorney general to appoint officials to detect and prosecute crimes against the United States. Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 3052, specifically authorizes special agents and officials of the FBI to make arrests, carry firearms, and serve warrants. Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 3107, empowers special agents and officials to make seizures under warrant for violation of federal statutes"

https://www.fbi.gov 

http://www.americanspecialops.com/fbi-swat/ 

Edited by Illuminati

He shouldn't have stopped you but you shouldn't have killed him...

+/-Support

At that point Unknown, I didn't have an option. He was warned verbally very clearly and directly three times. Jake broke the law and became a criminal with a gun preventing us from stopping a bank robbery in progress. There isn't a way for a cop to Taze or arrest another cop. I had no other choice but to shoot him, because he wasn't going to move any other way. He was obstructing, interfering and impeding our response and orders to engage which in turn also made him a threat. Every day law enforcement is forced to make split second decisions in emergency situations, this was one of those decisions.

Edited by Illuminati

th3watchful, please quote to me or reference where it says a Federal Agent can't shoot a Cop that goes corrupt and becomes a criminal. You can not dispute the fact that he was obstructing us from doing our job that we were tasked to do by SWAT. Since you can't dispute it and it was already made clear that Obstruction is a crime, you also can't dispute that Captain Jake broke the law making him a criminal with a gun. At that moment, he wasn't a government official, he was a criminal or at least a corrupt cop which is against the rules and can be referenced. Further more, following the rules, Captain Jake Croft was verbally warned by myself THREE times before he was shot. Where is your argument to negative support?

Source:

GamingLight MOTD

http://gaminglight.com/main/topic/20646-motd/ 

Government Rules

1. Police

• Listen to your superiors

• Corrupt cops are NOT allowed, No matter what!

• To shoot someone you need to warn them three times, They are KOS if wanted for Shooting a Government Official, so you don’t have to warn them.

Edited by Illuminati

+/- Support

-Shouldn't have killed Jake but he also shouldn't have blocked your entry.

-Minus FBI, with the available units PD most likely wouldn't have completed the raid.

-Had permission from SWAT to move in.

-Jake shouldn't be threatening demotions to FBI since he does not run it.

I remain neutral

zaynheader33.thumb.jpg.30c5314912e63e4d8

+/- Support

-Shouldn't have killed Jake but he also shouldn't have blocked your entry.

-Minus FBI, with the available units PD most likely wouldn't have completed the raid.

-Had permission from SWAT to move in.

-Jake shouldn't be threatening demotions to FBI since he does not run it.

I remain neutral

There was 1 Sheriff, 1 SWAT (Kade) and 4 FBI online. Of course SWAT wasn't going to proceed alone; it's only natural to request assistance from FBI. Jake wasn't going to move at all and the robbers were still in the bank. He was blocking all the FBI and the one SWAT from going inside. Tag that along with him being a criminal for his actions and then warned three times, I feel the shooting was justified in the eyes of the law. On another note, there isn't a written rule about Federal Agents shooting Cops, but again, in that moment Jake went from Cop to Corrupt Cop Criminal by breaking the law himself.

ladies and gentlemen, is this why Criminal organization like Yuki mostly beat PD cuz fights like this within government

I'm behind FBI all the way cuz PD always fight against FBI and not listening to FBI. It good CPT Jake died cuz he helping criminals more than ever for the bank raid LOL.

It looks like CPT Jake is the criminal

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

I will leave more notes on this topic when I arrive home, but for now I will inform you of this. Gaminglight PoliceRP is in no way associated with the United States Department of Justice, we will be releasing our own penal code sometime soon hopefully, as Nolan, Snar, and I will be reviewing it. Jake is a Captain in PD, he is a member of Low Command. Lastly, FBI does not have the authority on our server to push in during bank raids, that is for the tactical branches (SRT, CERT, and SWAT).

But this server is RP so it have to be associated with things IRL too. Perhaps a fair balance of IRL and in game policy.

So you made a compelling argument as you did warn him three times and he was corrupt. The thing is that I have seen swat and aru kill cops and gov officials for being corrupt so it is not just you. The officer was in the wrong for not letting you in, but you could have called an admin. I do not think that neither you nor the captain should be demoted 

If and when SMT are available I'll try and organise a sit but the only thing FBI should be doing is communicating with tactical branches. FBI has authority to go into the bank if there is no tactical branches on. @Toxic ccorrect me if I'm wrong. Only thing you can do is stop pd or other failrping citizens entering that hallway or making sure nobody leaves that hallway and stays in vault til tac team comes.

+Support Illuminati I was behind him the whole time this was happening and even recorded it for myself, I will be uploading my point of view when I get home, but the LOCAL police should not be interfering with the FEDERAL bank from the FEDERAL bureau of investigation. I support Illuminati all the way and once again, even the FBI couldn’t do stuff why give us guns and cars? I’ll upload my POV when I get home -FBI Special Agent Lut

Go the on OFFICIAL FBI WEBSITE www.fbi.gov          There is literally an app from the FBI called the FBI Bank Robbers Mobile App

-Lut | Me to YOU

If you need me, Message on the Forums, TS, Steam, or In-game.

SM Lut 1D31FBI DCOS Lut SSEA Lut XA9 | NSA Field Agent Lut | Trooper CPL Lut 1T64 | CERT CPL Lut 1CT64 | BSI COS Lut 1I6

Police RP | Senior Moderator | Support Staff | Forum Staff 

That's why I believe it nessecary for our own Penal Code to be created, which I am in the process of creating with the proper authority. Regarding FBI, if we had it as they did in real life, I am sorry to say that certain individuals would purchase the class and begin to go around acting as a member of High Command, which we do not want, I also dare say that people who support FBI getting more power now would think otherwise if FBI was given this power. At this time, SMT has had no discussions regarding FBI Authority as we have had other matters to deal with, it may be added to the docket at a later date.

I agree that our own Penal Code should be created however, at the time of this incident we didn't have one so, it was only right to assume that all US laws are enforceable. That being said, Jake went corrupt, it was caught on bodycam with witnesses and should be punished as such. I was also given information that he was promoted too quickly and possibly even jumped ranks from Lt. to Capt. If there were to be an internal affairs over the PD, this would be the best time for them.

To me, I feel that the FBI should be given the most power as a Federal entity, they have the highest jurisdiction. On a business note, nobody spends their hard earned money just to get a special position and minge with it to be banned. That is like throwing money right out the window. When someone donates to the community they are supporting GamingLight and are becoming financially committed to the cause. The people whom should have the power and the say should be the donators as they keep the server alive by their funds. In any other non-profit or even for-profit corporation, thats how it works. People like me in the FBI are investors to GamingLight, we have the best interests of GL at heart and we put our money on the table to prove it. People who donate and then get banned have typically been misdirected or administration failed in some way to help the player and those cases should be investigated further.

Lets say you do provide the FBI the power, jurisdiction and authority, what makes them any different than the other police factions you have? They are the only paid for faction and their command structure. Look at who you have command. If you don't trust the FBI, it's because you don't trust the command. Change it. Get the structure setup and in place, provide some more responsibility and authority then evaluate them. If all goes well, consider providing more. IF the FBI command decides to stretch the given foot to a mile, then back them down again. The FBI setup is as it is now because of Valk, it's time for a review to make it more realistic. At the end of the day, whom investigates corruption? the FBI. New Penal Code, who is going to enforce that it is followed at all law enforcement levels, should be the FBI as they are Federal. Local PD shouldn't be telling the FBI they can or can't do something, it's wrong all around and we all know it.

So you made a compelling argument as you did warn him three times and he was corrupt. The thing is that I have seen swat and aru kill cops and gov officials for being corrupt so it is not just you. The officer was in the wrong for not letting you in, but you could have called an admin. I do not think that neither you nor the captain should be demoted 

At the time we were racing against  the clock during a bank raid and I had a Sheriff on the inside being shot at and his backup being denied entry. I would've called an admin, but I decided it was best to handle it RP wise and that he'd call an admin anyways for RDM, which he did and the admin warned me for RDM. I'd like that warn removed.

If and when SMT are available I'll try and organise a sit but the only thing FBI should be doing is communicating with tactical branches. FBI has authority to go into the bank if there is no tactical branches on. @Toxic ccorrect me if I'm wrong. Only thing you can do is stop pd or other failrping citizens entering that hallway or making sure nobody leaves that hallway and stays in vault til tac team comes.

The fact is Johnathan, there simply isn't enough written material, policy, procedure or guidelines on who does what given a certain scenario. We couldn't possibly sit down and write up every possible "what if" situation. In my view and from what little information I was able to read during my research, Kade was SWAT and SWAT is first and foremost in charge of bank robberies. That being said, Kade had "On Scene Command". Kade gave the order for FBI to move into bank, which only makes sense because besides him there was only one other Sheriff online at the time. No other tactical unit was responding. Even with this whole situation unfolding and my quick thinking actions in leadership, we as cooperative team successfully ended the bank robbery with one officer casualty primarily caused by Captain Jake not allowing backup inside, so that life is on him and of course all suspects down.

Again, you do not have the authority to push into bank.

My Authority was given by SWAT whom had on scene command and was recorded in the first 30 seconds of the video. On their command, we pushed into bank. Given the time of night, no other tactical units available and what PD did to try and stop us, SWAT made the decision. So you are saying that PD would've been able to enter before the FBI? In what logic does that even make sense? Obviously from this post you can see that the community members want FBI to be able to have the authority and more responsibility. I get told all the time the RP with FBI is far better than PD or most other law enforcement factions.

If we can all stop arguing you broke fbi sop  

Rule 8: Don't deal with Raids unless there's no ARU, SWAT, or CERT / Told to do so by high command.

um we got permission can you read?

-Lut | Me to YOU

If you need me, Message on the Forums, TS, Steam, or In-game.

SM Lut 1D31FBI DCOS Lut SSEA Lut XA9 | NSA Field Agent Lut | Trooper CPL Lut 1T64 | CERT CPL Lut 1CT64 | BSI COS Lut 1I6

Police RP | Senior Moderator | Support Staff | Forum Staff 

Illuminati called noone a dictator and got down to sa from Saic so yetlr

What does that have to do with anything? :'D

I told NoOne during a discussion "his leadership was coming off to me as that of a Dictatorship" as he was in-game with the name FBI Supreme Commander NoOne (there is a post in FBI forums regarding this with evidence). He then said "oh yeah? I'll show you Dictator" and then demoted me to Special Agent. This situation was already being handled by a Manager and should be disregarded for purposes of this post.

Naby, please in the future, ask questions and seek the truth for yourself before making blind statements on situations you weren't apart of. Thanks.

you were not given permission from HIGH COMMAND

Again, FBI High Command was not online during time of the raid, he was playing as cop and didn't switch to FBI. However, SWAT is still in charge of the bank raid and Kade was the Incident Commander. Whatever the Incident Commander of a situation says, goes. We were following orders. Have you watched the video? All these questions are answered in the video already.

Incident Commander Responsibilities

The Incident Commander is the individual responsible for all incident activities, including the development of strategies and tactics and the ordering and the release of resources. The Incident Commander has overall authority and responsibility for conducting incident operations and is responsible for the management of all incident operations at the incident site.

Resource:

https://emilms.fema.gov/is700anew/NIMS0105110text.htm