Sign in to follow this  
iPoopLegos

Training 101

USAF Training Guide (Training 101)

USAF.thumb.png.196e0f44d8e32c05ebc82011f

I haven't seen many CPT+ doing tryouts lately so I thought "well maybe they just don't know how. Why don't I show them?" So here you go.

1. Start the tryouts.
    It is very important that you know where to begin the tryouts, as otherwise, all the PVTs that we want to convince to become ABs won't know where to go. When you want to start tryouts, I suggest the following command:
    /advert USAF TRYOUTS @ HELIPADS | PVT+
    If you can, try to lead all of your recruits to the helipads. Another way to get new recruits is to find people and chant "join the Air Force," quietly at first but getting progressively louder until you're screaming into your microphone. Also, make sure to add suspense. Make it seem like this is their only opportunity to join the USAF, and that it is worth running their arses off to the helipads to try out.
    /advert LAST CALL FOR USAF TRYOUTS @ HELIPADS | PVT+

So you may be asking "but Lego, what if there are a bunch of helicopters on the helipads?" Well, my friend, there are other beautiful places to do them. The airstrip is one. "But what if AB Rad3c decided to put a plane there, or the USMC are doing random pointless grammar push-ups as 'PT,' or marksman tryouts?" Well then do this:

/advert USAF TRYOUTS AT HANGAR 3 (CLOSEST TO AIRSTRIP) | PVT+

"But what if they still can't find Hangar 3?" Well, then you should send some enlisted that do know where Hangar 3 to lead the recruits in the right direction!

2. Faces.
    This should probably be the simplest part of the tryout experience. First, ask them if they know their faces. If even one does not, explain that R/Right face turns ninety degrees to the right, L/Left face turns ninety degrees to the left, A/About face turns 180 degrees to the right, and F/Front face turns right until facing commander (you.) Put in three series of five faces into the chat and get them to complete them.

3. Formations.
    Just like at the start of Step 2, you want to ask your trainee(s) if they know their formations. If they do not, explain. Here are some easy examples:

[] = Instructor
    () = Trainee
    Single Column

[]
    ()
    ()
    ()
    Double Column

[]
    ()  ()
    ()  ()
    ()  ()
    Firing Line

[] () () ()
    Advanced Firing Line

() () () ()
    [] () () ()
    Diamond

()
    ()[]()
      ()

() KEYS OUT FACING []
    VIP Diamond

()
    ()[]()
      ()

() GUNS ON AUTOMATIC FACING AWAY FROM []
    Tight Wedge

[]
        ()  ()
      ()      ()
    ()          ()
    Wedge

[]

()  ()

()    ()

()      ()

4. Obstacle course.
    If the underground training facility is unclaimed, do the following:
    /advert USAF CLAIMS UNDERGROUND TRAINING FACILITY
    If it is claimed, skip to Step 5 and come back to Step 4 when it is empty. Line them up to the obstacle course (the one in the middle,) make sure its set to Level 0, and give them tries like the following:
    0 Strikes, Try 1/3
    0 Strikes, Try 2/3
    0 Strikes, Try 3/3
    1 Strike, Try 1/3
    1 Strike, Try 2/3
    1 Strike, Try 3/3
    2 Strikes, Try 1/3
    2 Strikes, Try 2/3
    2 Strikes, Try 3/3
    3 Strikes, Try 1/3
    3 Strikes, Try 2/3
    3 Strikes, Try 3/3
    USAF TRYOUTS FAILED; TRY AGAIN LATER

Once they pass, line them up on the East wall of the training facility. After every strike, show them how it's done. If they failed, they failed; don't milk it, and don't pass them regardless.

5. Shooting range.
    If the underground training facility was claimed, do:

/advert USAF CLAIMS ABOVE GROUND SHOOTING RANGE

Then just give them three series of five targets to shoot at in a row (quickly.) When you are done and feel like they did enough and the underground training facility is unclaimed, go to Step 4. When done with it, skip to Step 6. When you are done, do:

/advert USAF UNCLAIMS ABOVE GROUND TRAINING FACILITY

If the underground training facility was unclaimed, take them over to the shooting range. One at a time, tell them to do a set of numbers of targets to shoot in a fair amount of time, (say, 20:20.) At this time I do not believe that there is a set number requirement, (edit this out if there is and fix.) Once you are 100% done with the underground training facility, do 

/advert USAF UNCLAIMS UNDERGROUND TRAINING FACILITY
  6. Oath (optional.)
    This is just an optional step to get them to say the oath. This is the oath:
    "I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

7. Assign ranks.
    This is the bit where you do the ranks now. Yay! Remember to be nice and say "welcome to the United States Air Force." Ranks transfer as follows:

AB: Army PVT/PFC, USMC PVT/PFC
    AMN: Army SPC, USMC LCPL
    A1C: Army CPL, USMC CPL
    SRA: Army SGT, USMC SGT
    SSGT: Army SSG, USMC SSGT
    TSGT: Army SFC, USMC GYSGT
    MSGT: Army MSG, USMC MSGT
    SMSGT: Army 1SG, USMC MGYSGT
    CMSGT: Army SGM, USMC SGTMAJ

/!\ NOTE: 2LT+ MUST APPLY ON THE FORUMS FOR RANK TRANSFERS

By VCMDR Lego. Can be edited at any time. Property of the United States Air Force.

Edited by iPoopLegos
+Added Tag

Really nicely done training guide. Nothing useless on here like other guides (Knife Training, etc)

The only thing that I'd like to see be cleared up is the strike thing with the obstacle course. It doesn't make sense to me when I read it.

The only thing that I'd like to see be cleared up is the strike thing with the obstacle course. It doesn't make sense to me when I read it.

It's not like proper strikes, it's just like a three-strikes-you're-out kind of thing. It's pretty much a nicer-looking way of saying that they have twelve tries.

Edited by iPoopLegos
Reason For Edit Classified

I told Lego yesterday if he felt like it he could update the training guide, that was pretty ****ing quick good job. I’ll talk to you tomorrow about a few things you should change.

find people and chant "join the Air Force,"

:/

~Mervin

A lot of retired things :))