Steve's SF Vice Marshall Application

Manio

Steve for Vice Commander - yay or nay?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Steve for Vice Commander - yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

1. What is your IGN? (In Game Name) :

Steve

2. What Regiment are you applying for?

Starfighter Corps

3. Why do you want to be a commander of this branch?

Starfighter Corps is a branch in which I have invested quite a lot of time since I came back from my break, which I initially started in 2021/2022. I was never interested in it back when I played, but I realized I have slept on what is potentially the most fun you can have on the server, which is why it pains me to see SF in such a disarray. I like flying like many others (when the server isn't experiencing a lag) and destroying enemy ships feels more satisfying than shooting the NPCs. But I feel like that's not enough for Starfighters and part of what made the branch so popular back in the day was the community within it. I aim to bring something SF lost a long time ago — it's purpose. I love this branch, I love the people in it. I want all of them to have fun and I want more of players to join us so we can enjoy the server together. There's so many things that can be done to improve SF and make it a battalion everyone will think about joining.

Having purpose is quite important, people without purpose just end up feeling like they are out of place and eventually leave to seek something better. Every person in SF should have a purpose. Otherwise, what are we even doing here? Being promoted is meaningless, you get no new responsibilities, and all you have is a new rank that you can show to others. There's barely any difference between CO and NCO or NCO and Enlisted. Everyone feels the same. Everyone just exists. This is a huge issue that stretches outside of SF, but it's an issue I am capable of handling only in SF.

The point being — SF has major issues, and I have a plan to resolve majority of them. Of course, I'm not perfect, I won't be able to tackle all of them on my own, but I promise you that I will give my best and I will aim for the highest results. I do have a rework plan that is currently being discussed with relevant parties, even if I don't get the position of Vice Marshall I will continue to push through and hopefully make SF great again. Part of the rework consists of giving every rank and every position a purpose, a meaning, something that makes that rank stand out from the others. A promotion wouldn't be just a "level up", a promotion would entail new responsibilities and new things to do. There's of course more in the works like new squadrons that hopefully get a green light in the future, but for now, I'll have to be as vague as possible because the last thing I'd want to do is to get people's hopes up and then disappoint them whenever one of the suggestions gets denied.

4. How much game time do you have on the server?

Over 4 weeks + Undocumented hours before the wipe.

5. What is the Main Purpose of a commander for a branch?

The commander dictates how the branch is functioning. Arguably the most important position you can have on the server. For example, you can have one bad officer, but there are two others who aren't as bad and with whom you can get things done. In contrast, there is only one commander, and if it's a bad commander, well, your branch is destined to fail miserably. We've seen it happen back in the day, it's not a mystery to anyone. But, the Commander is essentially the soul of the unit. You can't have a functioning battalion without one.

As Commander you are tasked with ensuring that the battalion is running without issues, and if there are any issues, you are there to handle them. You can do much more than a standard officer and you will be doing much more. SOP reworks, Model changes, Adding new sub-branches, and writing new SOPs. All that power is there for you to utilize for the betterment of the battalion. Normally Commanders should be more of an administrative position while officers are the boots on the ground to manage a unit, but having a bond with your subordinates is crucial for them to feel in your unit like at home. You don't want to be alien to the people you command, you don't want to make them feel like they don't belong there. You want to spend as much time as you can with them so you can understand them and make them work. You are their leader, they look up to you, work for their respect and they will help you out whenever you need it the most.

An additional role of the Commander is to train promising members of the unit they command. You can't be there forever and you won't be there forever, so it's best to try and find your successor and train him/her to take over the steering wheel after you're gone. This step is so important because an incompetent successor can destroy all the hard-earned progress you've made in the span of weeks. You want to think ahead, how will the change you implement work out long-term? This is a position that cannot afford to be short-sighted and a position that needs to be occupied by competent and mature people.

You want to be seen as reliable, someone that people can depend upon. Someone they can approach and get their issues solved. Someone who will reward people for good behavior and punish those who cross the line way too far. Someone that is fair, someone that people can come to without fear of being torn apart the second something negative happens. This is what being a leader means and here it's no different.

6. Why should we trust you to be a commander? :

As of right now, I think I did make a name for myself on the server. A lot of people know me, some people like me, others hate my guts. At the end of the day I seek no enemies here and having petty dramas is something I'd love to avoid. I came back to SF as soon as the ISB restriction was lifted and I planned to become Vice Marshall from the beginning so I can save the unit. I want to believe I'm the best choice for the job primarily because there aren't many other choices and because I have been working hard on the SF reform and my ideas have been viewed positively so far. I have a plan, a good plan I think, and I want to implement it to bring SF to its previous player count from 2021. It's a tall order, some people would say an impossible task, but I don't plan to settle on anything less.

I hope that people know that I have SF's best interest in mind and that you will give me a chance to prove myself. SF needs work, and it happens that I have all the tools ready. I could talk about my past and current positions but I don't think it matters. I do not have experience of being a vice commander on GL specifically (although SGM is close enough), but it's nothing alien to me either.

7. How often can you be Online? :

Almost every day.

8. Do you have any Warnings? (What for?) :

None whatsoever.

Gtn4Ifo.png

+Support
- Fun to hang out with
- Good activity
- Would make a good command member.
- want to help SF

5e4b91aaf1f977b8c8244831c8e80af57525da98
current ranks: Vice Sovereign Carnor Jax // Drago, Tank SGT Drago TT5736, Shore HVY SGT Drago TT57

old ranks: SL Drago Fury SEIF36, SF CSL GC Drago 5736, SHGO Elder guard Aron Veisler, SO Sub Lieutenant Drago

+Support
My man Steve! I trust you entirely with this position. Steve is:
- Dedicated to SF (got ISB:IA long time before SF, yet chose Vice Marshall)
- Active
- Serious
- Competent
I hope you get this Steve, make SF great again.

+support all the way

-Dedicated to the Corps (Left for ISB:IA, Joined back just to become VM)

-Active as fuck

-Serious as hell

-Incredibly competent

-MAKE SF GREAT AGAIN, VOTE STEVE FOR PRESIDEN- I MEAN- VOTE STEVE FOR VICE MARSHALL!

MSFGA.png.4dbf0da88fffb48f28d75167c7de06da.png

Current: Wing Commander Willow [Major]
 Former: Shock LCPL & Shock PFC, Shock 1LT, Shock SPC 501st PFC x2 & 501st LCPL & 501st SPC Medical Corps PVT, Purge SGT, ST PVT, Apprentice II, GMII, Moderator Formerly known as Kold

Join SF Today, Fly Ships, Conduct Engineering!

Big +1

- Steve is one the most mature and serious RP guys I have met on the server. He has always shown respect and kindest to almost everyone. I believe Steve is the best and only man so far I have seen for the job.

Current:

501st COL / ARCALIQ Lord VIIIGMVIISenor Mod

Former:

MC CPT

• Cinder locked this topic