What is your rank?:

Operations Pilot

How long have you been a NCO?:

A week (and then some over a month ago)

What rank are you applying for?:

Aviation Officer

How many strikes do you have? If yes, for what?:

None

Who granted you permission to apply for officer rank?

The Emperor Himself

Why should we trust you with an Officer rank?:

I was trusted with a Captain rank a little over a month ago and sadly transferred out. I'm currently an ISB:IA Major so I believe that in terms of being serious and responsible, I can be fully trusted. Also, my reason to rejoin the CO ranks hasn't changed since I rejoined SF. My leaving was a major mistake that I want to fix because now everything has fallen apart and I want to pull SF back together. I have proven myself to be reliable in the past, I am ready to prove myself yet again. All I ask is for another chance.

What can you do to assist command with this rank?:

I did my duty as an NCO, I racked up 27 tryouts last week and plan on doing tryouts often and getting new talent into SF. However, an officer rank would let me manage the battalion in a way I cannot right now. That means promoting SF members who excel at their duties, managing NCOs, striking those who misbehave, and working on the official documents (not as 2lt but I'll get there). My end goal is to revive SF, officer rank is just a milestone on that long road. I do have a lot of plans that are being developed as time goes by, some plans I cannot talk about openly on this application. But I will do anything to help our temporary marshall and I think in many ways I already did.

What is the point of been a officer?:

The point is... To be able to manage a unit. There. How about we ask a different kind of question? What's the purpose of a Commissioned Officer? What's the purpose of you becoming a CO? Now we can write a whole paragraph explaining everything everyone already knows. Of course, being a CO comes with many responsibilities. As I said before in my NCO app, Officers plan for things to happen, and NCOs make things happen. That's how standard military works, but here it's a little bit different. Being an NCO feels like a training ground for CO. It's a period where you can show your superiors whether or not you are capable of doing their work. I'd like to believe I smashed that period with flying colors, although I made some minor mistakes here and there (like that flagup). But, whatever you were doing as an NCO, you will be doing as a CO, just more professionally and with more responsibilities. That includes recruiting people, managing people, managing internal affairs of the unit, hosting training/sims, beating people with sticks for being goofy, etc. But this time around, you have more power to reward or punish behaviors, unlike previously where all you could do was to call shock and hope that some officer will get on soon to help you deal with the rascal. Officers ultimately are what gives a unit "soul", arguably the most important role. And yes, there's paperwork too. Steadily increasing amount of paperwork.

What would happen if you see a fellow officer messing around and then commanding NCOs to mess around with him?:

I'll assume that officer is a higher rank than I am because it makes the scenario more interesting. Otherwise, I'd just tell him to stop, and if he didn't listen - call shock to arrest him for insubordination. But this time around, me telling him to stop might not be enough as he is my superior. I'd focus on encouraging NCOs to not follow orders of that officer as it will most definitely get them in trouble. If the officer wants to f around and find out, that's purely on him, but he shouldn't be dragging more people down with him. Once NCOs understand that there will be serious consequences for following dumb orders, that would leave the officer to deal with. Of course, I'd start with collecting evidence and immediately notifying our senior COs currently available (although preferably marshalls). They'd decide on how to proceed with the trouble maker and I'd follow that decision to a letter. Also, there's shock I can call in case the officer in question starts breaking imperial law as well.

Do you agree that if you are struck within the first week you will be put back down to your last NCO rank?:
I do.

lDOyYz8.png

+ Support
- Active
- Dedicated
- Cool Person
- Good Time on the Server
- Has past Experience as an Officer within SF

Best of Luck Steve!

Current
N/A

Former
                   Shock ERUO Major Banana Jr|DT VCMDR CO2/DT MAJ SC01/DT 2LT SN03/DT 2LT CO2/DT NCO CO2x3|Shadow Guard/Saber Guard/ Senior Honor Guard Cold| IC DME SSGT Cold|Pyke Enforcer SR Cold|ISB:IA Operative Cold

+Support

-Active

-Very Dedicated to the Battalion

-Coolest member of SF

-Previous Experience as an Officer in SF, DT & ISB

-Played for a long time

-Best candadite for SF Officer.

MSFGA.png.4dbf0da88fffb48f28d75167c7de06da.png

Current: Wing Commander Willow [Major]
 Former: Shock LCPL & Shock PFC, Shock 1LT, Shock SPC 501st PFC x2 & 501st LCPL & 501st SPC Medical Corps PVT, Purge SGT, ST PVT, Apprentice II, GMII, Moderator Formerly known as Kold

Join SF Today, Fly Ships, Conduct Engineering!

• Cinder locked this topic