BruceyBoyo's Forum Diplomat Application - Accepted

BruceyBoyo

In-Game Name: BruceyBoyo

Steam Name: [GL] BruceyBoyo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:6828556

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Senior Moderator on PoliceRP

How long have you been apart of the Gaminglight community?: Around 3 years and 9 months. (Joined early October 2020)

How long have you been a staff member on Gaminglight?: This time, around a month and a half. I was also previously staff for 2 and a half years.

How often are you online on the forums?: Several times a day to check for new posts.

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?:

I believe there are many different things about me that prove me suitable for the position. Firstly, I previously served within the Forum Diplomats for a total of just under 2 and a half years - a year and a half of that being as the Senior Forum Diplomat for PoliceRP. During this time, I handled myself and my work professionally and efficiently, making sure to handle every situation impartially and to the best of my ability. As far as I am aware, there were no issues with my long service as a Forum Diplomat previously. This, in my opinion, more than proves that I am capable of doing the job of a Forum Diplomat.

Aside from my Forum Diplomat experience, I am someone who likes to at least keep up to date with things where possible, so I tend to check the forums regularly so that I know if anything noteworthy is happening. As a Forum Diplomat I would be checking even more often to make sure I knew about anything requiring my attention as soon as possible. I remain polite and respectful and do my best to keep a good reputation and maintain the trust of the community at all times. I have proved my competence and maturity by rising to the RP rank of Deputy Commissioner on PoliceRP, one of the highest ranks overseeing all government departments. Despite all my years of experience within Gaminglight, I still intend to keep learning and improving myself in any way I can, as well as helping and supporting others to do the same.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

I do consider myself to have good judgement. While my current and former staff positions and RP rank generate a lot of relatively tough decisions I have to make, the example that always stands out to me is a case from Gaminglight several years ago, when I was a Colonel in PD. An issue arose with a Sergeant Major who had returned from the server as previous command, and gone on to behave severely inappropriately during an RP situation (a hostage situation). I was the only command member able to get in game with a high enough rank to handle the situation, and PD High Command gave me the final decision on how to handle it. What made it difficult was that the Sergeant Major in question was a good friend of mine, and had previously been one of my own command members when I first started out. I ultimately weighed up the situation and discussed it with my fellow command members, and based on the relative level of problems caused I issued him a one rank demotion from Sergeant Major (the highest supervisor rank) to Master Sergeant, with a two-week probation period in which any further punishment would result in an immediate demotion to an enlisted rank. Despite having to issue a punishment to one of my early friends and mentors, I felt that the punishment given was fair and it did suffice to prevent any further issues being caused by them.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

I would hide their spam posts, logging them in the appropriate Discord channel, and if the content was relatively inoffensive I would first try reaching out to them and letting them know how to properly go about appealing the ban, giving them any support they need with it if they were willing to listen. If they ignored me or clearly showed no intention of stopping or actually appealing the ban, I would contact my Senior Diplomat regarding a possible forum punishment to prevent any further disruption. However, in exceptional circumstances where the content of the spam was harmful or extreme (such as NSFW, personal information etc.) and my Senior Diplomat was unavailable then I would contact the Head Diplomat or, as a last resort, any available SMT member urgently to minimize the harm caused.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

I would first send a standard Forum Diplomat message asking everyone to keep the topic to + or -supports only. If arguing continued, I would hide posts that ignored the message and  if the situation did not improve I would ultimately lock the topic until SMT handles it. As always, I would inform a Senior Diplomat+ if any of the messages were especially serious.

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

+Support

+ Very good app

+ Previous Forum Diplomat and JMT
+ Staff for a long time

Current: Security DCoS | SM | DHFW | EXCM | RMS | FTO | Secret Service DCOO

Retired: Nu-7 CPT

+Support

Good application and previous forum diplomat.

- PoliceRP Lead Admin & Mayonnaise lover -

FBI  Director 1K-21 | HRT Overseer  | UMC LVL 5 

Reserves: Trooper MAJ  | CERT 2LT  | State Head FTO  | EMS LT

• Head of Staff

Accepted!
Please speak with the Senior Diplomat for your server for training!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander