omenGL

• Last visited

1 Follower

About omenGL

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

omenGL's Achievements

Contributor

Contributor (5/14)

• One Year In
  • Reacting Well
  • One Month Later
  • Collaborator
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. I'll go ahead and say this now. From a Security's perspective you get shot at constantly by CC's on the ground and dclass etc. Pretty much 100% of the time they will continue to shoot you until you are dead. I saw something from the corner of my screen pop in and out of my POV on the catwalk and I only got shot at once, from a sniper. Maybe it was a dclass but I had no way of confirming as I didnt know where I got shot from so I raised my suspicion of a cloaker. If it were a dclass I wouldve seen them as they have a bright orange jumpsuit. So I assumed there was a cloaker. I did not know for sure it was a cloaker. I called it out in teamspeak, HexG then said "possible cloaker in dblock" within security comms. I grabbed thermals then there Ammonium was on the catwalk so I killed him. I would provide my perspective but I didnt think it'd be a problem so I never clipped it.
  2. Name: omen Rank: Sergeant Major Steam ID (Example: STEAM_0:1:174348602): STEAM_0:0:521103062 Discord ID (Example: Hex-G#0702): omen#4820 Current Sub-Branches your in: juggs and wardens Why should you retain your rank (Command ONLY | 100+ words): Any Notes, Questions, or Concerns?: nah
  3. I dislike the toy-ish plastic kind of feel LCZ has. it almost feels like were walking through a toy factory with the color coded wings, the pastel colors, etc. the only place that feels like a true SCP site would be dblock.
  4. +support although you talk alot about experience, knowing if you are skilled in combat would help alot, but experience also plays into that, so +support
  5. massive +support FINALLY. make this man jugg rn, best app ever, creative af, and super super active accept this man
  6. massive +support has shit loads of experience, extremely good application, 10/10, make this man heavy weapons guy
  7. +support very good answers overall
  8. Thanks for the response. I do admit when I first came back I wasn't the most keen to the rules. During the time I was a dclass (a farmer). I was a big minge, since I've joined security the only problems I've had were the two RDM warns, in which one I explained I killed a dclass who was deliberately walking into my line of fire but still received the warning sadly. Combat Healing was another one due to me believing i was behind cover and safe and did not realize I was being shot at from another angle. NLR I also explained. I take full responsibility for the rest of the recent ones, as for some I do not exactly recall what happened. And the others, it was purely my fault. Although its purely up to you to decide wether I am fit or not. I do still take responsibility for what I have did and it was unacceptable, I will take into account and study the MOTD much more to ensure I do not break any more rules. I did acknoweledge my main weakness was my hotheadedness and I have been working on it recently. Being in a branch has let me take much more of an understanding torwards the MOTD. I hope you understand and I appreciate your reply to this!
  9. +support although the app is short as hell, seems fit, good luck
  10. What is your in-game name?: omen What is your steam name?: omen What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:521103062 What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): omen#4820 Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) I was a trial mod for TitsRP, lost the position fairly quickly due to a NLR rule break because of a raid on a base of mine. That was 2 years ago though and I have matured and developed a better understanding of rules, doing my best to not break them. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) June of 2020 What date did you make your forums account? July 28th, 2022 How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 9 (The RDMx1 warn was due to me getting fed up with a dclass deliberately walking into my line of fire. NLR was when I was on farmer and I didnt wait 9 more seconds. The rest I take full responsibility for.) What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum Are you a staff member in another community? No Have you read the staff handbook? Yes Timezone: EST What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) I believe I deserve the rank for a multitude of reasons. The first being I am pretty well known amongst the community, especially within Security. I have made it up to the rank of Sergeant Major and have obtained AJG and HIRU within the Juggernaut sub-branch. I'd like to say most of security likes me. Outside of security I've made myself known too, I was formerly in maintenance and made a few friends there too. I've obtained a pretty solid reputation in the server. Although I'm new-ish, only returning a little over a month ago. I say I'm well known enough to become a member of the staff team. The second reason is my ambition to get shit done and my activity. I basically play every single day, atleast 5+ hours each day. This plays into how people know me, because I play so much. So far the server has added about 500+ hours onto my play time so far and it keeps going up. My willingness to get stuff done is another reason. I will take any sit I can if I obtain Trial-Mod (or atleast try to balance it out between my security activity and my staff activity). This is exactly how it was even 2 years ago in my first staff position, when I was staff, I took ANY sit I could no matter the reason. I will do the exact same now while still balancing my RP with my staffing. Having a member of the staff team who plays every day, most of the day, would be a great addition. I will take into account my weaknesses though. My most significant weakness is my hotheadedness. I am sure some people might -support me for this. I am easily able to be set off especially if someone is not understanding what I am saying after I have said it numerous times, or someone is not cooperating. BUT, within the staff room I will remain calm, no matter what. I will understand its just a screen. And the mute/gag command is there to help if someone is refusing to cooperate in the sit after I have asked them multiple times. I will remain stern, which to some people might come off as aggressive, but I assure you even if I sound aggressive, I will not swear, yell, or abuse my powers given to me. I assure you, if I get accepted, I will do my best to be the best trial-mod I can be. I understand I can be removed from the staff team for any reason my higher-ups deem fit. I understand I am not to abuse these powers and are to abide by the handbook and MOTD at all times. Scenario questions: Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? Firstly, I would ask the person to calm down a few times first, if they keep cursing at me I would temporarily mute/gag them to carry on with the sit. If logs and evidence show that he has MassRDM'd, I would then request an Admin+ to assist with the sit as MassRDM constitutes a formal warning and a 5 day ban. Once the Admin appears I would forward any evidence given to me, and allow him to handle it from there while I explain to him what has happened, in voicechat or staff chat/PMs if needed. I would then warn him for Mass RDM and allow the admin to ban him for the time called for. Once the player has been banned and warned, I would then ask the person who called the sit if they need anything else done for them just to double check, if not, I would return them and end the sit. I will try to take as little of the time possible for the reporter. I have had this happen many times where the sit couldve ended 5 minutes ago yet the staff keeps repeating themselves, gets distracted, etc. It will be quick, easy, and fair to both the reporter and the reportee. Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? When I bring both players to the staff room, I will look at other sits first/ask other staff if this player has been reported before for this and have a look at his warns for any correlation to why he is in here. I will then ask the reporter for any evidence that this player has been abusing a known bug. If no evidence is given from the reporter I would ask him if anyone who also saw what he allegedly did, if no evidence is given at all, I would take a good look at logs for anything related, if nothing is found, I will simply ask the reporter to get a clip of him doing this, otherwise if logs do not say anything, I cannot do anything about it without the proper evidence provided. If a clip IS provided, I will then ask why he was abusing the bug in the first place, if player has no warns, and the clip shows him abusing it. I will simply give a verbal warning to him, tell him to not abuse the bug again, if another sit is made on him I will be forced to give him a formal warning. If player does have warns that correlate with the sit reason, I would simply give him a formal warning for exploiting if he has only done this once before. If he has done this numerous times in the past, I will warn him and ontop of it, if said bug was being abused with malicious intent or being used to gain an unfair advantage, a ban will be issued. I would call an admin in staff chat, ask him how much time he believes he should be banned for, and allow him to see the evidence for himself, and let the admin ban the player for time called for. Ask the reporter for anything else, if not, end the sit and return him.