Devil Doc

• Last visited

About Devil Doc

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Devil Doc's Achievements

Enthusiast

Enthusiast (6/14)

• One Year In
  • Dedicated
  • One Month Later
  • Collaborator
  • Reacting Well

Recent Badges

1. Bruh I cant lie: Being MTF hurts my soul so i just cant, CYA GUYS
  2. Your In-game Name: Devil Doc Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:589296216 The admin's name in-game: Versa What warning did you receive: RDM When did you receive this warning: 9/2/2023 Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: I was running around research bunks during our command meeting. Running, gunning shooting. I shot Domz and he laughed. Shot me back etc. I did the same thing to my reporter. Got pulled into a sit and warned. Why do you think this warn was false: I was warned for RDM in bunks. Me and my command members deathmatch in Research bunks all the time. Its fun. I really don't understand how warning someone for RDM while in an OOC area is valid. CI RDMs eachother everywhere and anytime someone gets reported for it, it gets thrown out because "Oh thats just CI" Evidence the warning is false: I am unable to access the render feature in !blogs since Im ET, But essentially what youd see is just a combat initiation in Research Bunks.
  3. Lets go ahead and address this. Have you personally participated in or witnessed any other event I've done? This isn't a very reasonable assessment to make just based off a single event. Almost all of my events receive a 5/5. I think this is one of 2 that have received a 1/5. Which is fine, sometimes things flop. So lets go into the story: My initial event was going to be a rap/singing competition with about a 55-60 player count. There were 0 volunteers. So, I started a vote to see what event people would like instead. The GOI raid vote passed by a landslide. So, when I called for volunteers, there were 2. Doing a GOI raid with 3 total people can be difficult, but at least its something. Would it have been reasonable to give them 150/150? No. They would've been smoked immediately. Through the course of a few waves the "Knights" went from 500/500 to 1500/1500. When they were at 500 I gave them some more beefy weapons (ie. AK-117 or AK-400). There were around like 10-15 combatants online and over half of them were SF. While moving up their HP/AP, I reduced their weapons to just the KF2 Katana. I don't think any of that is unreasonable. Lets move onto the next accusation here: Me saying "salty much? lol" after the event vote. This was in response to a player (I don't remember who), who was absolutely shit talking the event. He wasn't going "Oh I didn't like this event." it was more along the lines of "This event was fucking retarded... etc etc" With events, a lot of things are taken into account with feedback. One thing I hope nobody in our Event Team listens to, its toxicity and disrespectful complaining. Players who give additional ideas or just simple responses get listened to, and future events are adjusted accordingly. If you decide to be toxic and disrespect me or any of my event team members, your're going to get ignored.
  4. General Information: Name: Devil Doc SteamID: STEAM_0:0:589296216 Current Rank: SET Other Information: RP Ranks: Research - Foundation Doctor D5- WO Current Warnings on your account. (Provide an image): https://imgur.com/a/BFxCxWp Why do you think you should receive this role? (Minimum 150 Words): I joined GamingLight somewhere around 2 years ago now. I'm an experienced and relatively well known member in the community. I've seen a lot. I've done a lot. I've been in almost every branch on the server enough to at least understand how they work and operate. I'd like to step up and fill the hole in the Executive spot. I think with my Event Team experience, and my server command experience, that I can fill the role and help the team grow to be better and more active. Right now, I think the biggest problem were facing is a lack of activity. This applies to the server in general, and the event team unfortunately. I was actually the person who gave out the idea for the new quota system. It was working very well, now it isn't due to what I think is generally less server activity (If you take a look at our average server pop and events per day, the rate is roughly the same). I'm well versed on "eventing" and managing a group of ET for an event. I think we can definitely see a lot more improvement to the team and I want to help make that true. What makes you different from your peers? (Minimum 50 Words): For one, I'm way more active than most of my peers. Now of course I understand people take LOA's and stuff like that, but overall, I'm definitely one of the most active SET. I also thoroughly go through community feedback on my events. I ensure that I always give the player base what they want in an event if its possible. Another thing that sets me apart from my peers is that I've actually hosted a mega event. Unfortunately some of my peers have yet to host one of their own. I have also been the "go to" Senior Event Team for training Trial Event Team members and mentoring them. Skill Based Information: How active can you be on a weekly basis?: Typically I'm active at least 4 days a week for 3-12 hours per session. Very recently I've gotten smacked by the Navy and my college work, but my job seems to be cooling down a bit now which is allowing me to become extremely active again. Are you experienced with mega events?: I would say I am. I've hosted 1 mega myself with 2 more planned in the future (Just waiting on 70+ player population, the ones I want to do need a lot of participants). Along with hosting, I've assisted in somewhere around 3-5 other megas. How many events have you hosted since joining?: About 30 pinged events. I also hop on to assist peopleI've also hosted numerous mini-impromptu events to increase RP.
  5. +Support Hes a good dude I dont think we have any CI main ET - Looking for more CI involvement events
  6. In-game name: Devil Doc SteamID: STEAM_0:0:589296216 Current RP rank in All Divisions (Ex. Senior Medic, Security Officer): Research- Foundation Doctor UNGOC- LT How long have you been a Event Team Member: About 2.5 months (Since 6/30/2023) Have you received any strikes (please give reasons if you remember): I have not. How much time do you have on the server? (Press F1): A whole lot. It says 8 weeks and obviously some of that's spent AFK. I’ve been playing on this server for about 2 years. I feel like that's a better metric. How well do you know the SCP lore in general?: If I were to rate it out of 10, I’d say a 7 or an 8. I’m definitely not someone who is constantly on there reading the SCP forums BUT, I know enough and can research enough to do just about anything. Whenever I do SCP events I usually just go down the list and find something that peaks my interest and do it. Why do you WANT to become a Senior Event Team Member?: Well, SET holds additional powers and abilities when it comes to events. I feel like becoming an SET could broaden the events that I myself can host along with being able to help Trial ET and ETM’s with their events. I think the more SET’s that we have that’re active, the more variety and quality events we can create. Why should you be trusted to be a Senior Event Team Member?: I feel like I’ve proven myself to be responsible as an ETM. I haven’t received a strike or really been reprimanded at all during my time. I typically produce events that most of the player base enjoys too. Every once in a while I’ll have an event that flops and people don’t enjoy, but that happens. Have you mastered ULX?: I think I have. ULX really isn't a complicated command system and if someone can’t remember a command, there's always the guidelines that contain all of them anyways. Are you experienced with planning Mega Events?: Yes I've hosted a mega event before. It went decently well. There was definitely a lot to be improved BUT it definitely gave me a strong idea of how difficult they can be to pull off and the support required by other ET. Give an example of a mega event: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CiYMjQ1yNsrmxSFRwA_W-HsZirg5SQLMVWCD3q1uG4g/edit?usp=sharing https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TNEJan8ZiqCICaPPEV8Bnrd0OjYq31IQP-J9YdwfOd8/edit?usp=sharing What do you consider to be the best event you have ever created: The best? In terms of most fun, and most well received has to goto my SCP-3663 event. Essentially SCP-3663 is the sentient cardboard box man. Went around snatching people and it caused a decent amount of mayhem until the players did their own research on how the SCP is contained. It isn’t an SCP you can just kill. I’d like to say the player base likes to be more engaged in events. Just an SCP breach that you have to kill can be fun, but it's also a little boring when that's all that gets pushed out. What is your Total Amount of Events according to the "Events Hosted" column on the roster?: This column no longer exists but I think I’ve run about 20 events so far. How active can you be: I’m active almost daily on the server. The time of day varies since I’m in the Navy and I get on when I can, BUT typically I’m on around 30-40 hours a week depending on how the Navy decides to run my life.
  7. What is your in-game name?: Devil Doc What is your steam name?: Devil Doc What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:589296216 What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): _devildoc Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Currently I'm an ETM. I was an Elite Admin on the DarkRP server back when that existed. Zeeptin and Sonic were both Co-owners at the time. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) I've been playing on GL since the original DarkRP server back in like 2014 or something around then. What date did you make your forums account? November 26, 2021 How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 0 What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum Are you a staff member in another community? I am not Have you read the staff handbook? Yes Timezone: PST What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) -Honestly I don't think it's a case of "deserve". I would like an opportunity to be staff on the server. I've played on it for coming up on 3 years now. I never had the time or ability to commit to applying to staff and seeing it through. Now with my new position, I feel like I have an adequate amount of time to be able to balance my RP with being a staff member. I'm 21, an HM3 in the Navy. I feel like I have the necessary skills and temperament required to be staff in this community. The military in general is a very quickly evolving organization and so is this server. I think the tempos match relatively well. This server gains new rules, SCPs, branches, etc. and I feel like I can keep up with that and help "give back" to the community that's given me a lot of joy over the years. Scenario questions: Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? - Personally, I'd just ignore their insults/curses and punish them according to the staff guidelines. Punishing them obviously depends on whether or not the accuser has proof of the RDM since blogs only show a person was killed. If the person continues to curse at me/other players/staff, as a TMod I'm going to route it up further the CoC so they can be warned/banned for player disrespect Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? -Separate them, then divide and conquer. If we separate them, it'll allow the staff team to get everyone's side of the story uninterrupted and without conflict. Then we can handle the situation accordingly with whatever the sit is about. Basically separating and coordinating with some other available staff members so we can resolve it without all the toxicity. If they continue to be toxic after being warned, then honestly, I would just close the ticket. If the accuser doesn't care enough to be civil during his requested sit, then clearly he must not care about the sit enough. WARNS: https://imgur.com/a/NaNfXAD
  8. Test idea(s) - 13/20- Relatively basic test. But a good'en Presentation/format - 15/20- Its nice to look at, not very much of a log format BUT, it does look v nice. Quality/length - 15/20- Its a pretty acceptable length. Grammar - 17/20- Its actually pretty good lol. Jones did you good! Lore Knowledge- 18/20 - i mean, I dont see anything wrong here? Overall : 78/100- BZ
  9. Name: Devil Doc Steam ID: STEAM_0:589296216 Rank in Event Team: Trial Date of Joining Event Team: 7/1/23 Date since last promotion: Never Why should you be remaining as an Event Team Member? (ALL ET RANK | 100+ words)? I do my job. I've made numerous events that the playerbase has enjoed and engages a lot of people. I'd like to say I'm a very good asset to the team. I've helped with PT's, Mass Tests, Events, still working on helping with mega-events. Currently planning an Agencies event. I don't really see any reason why I should be removed from the Event Team. Let my performance be the judge of it. Be a real shame to remove me from Event Team and lose someone who actually does a decent amount of events and is dedicated to making the server more fun.
  10. ROA or LOA: LOA Name: Devil Doc Rank: Trial Start Date: 12JUL2023 End Date: 24JUL2023 Reason: Military Leave
  11. Format: 25/25 bruh Grammer, spelling, and punctuation: 25/25 bruh Idea(s): 20/25 Great ideas, little more depth Writing quality: 25/25 bruh Total score: 95/100
  12. Format: 25/25 Always Grammer, spelling, and punctuation: 25/25 No issues! Idea(s): 25/25 Always Writing quality: 25/25 Bruh Total score: 100
  13. Format: 25/25 Always Grammer, spelling, and punctuation: 25/25 Always Idea(s): 20/25 Relatively basic test, but in depth. Writing quality: 25/25 Always Total score: 95/100
  14. Format: 15/25 Pretty basic Grammer, spelling, and punctuation: 25/25 No issues here Idea(s): 15/25 Very basic. But not bad by any means Writing quality: 19/25 Very informal. Total score: 69 (Nice)