Gordon Froman

• Last visited

About Gordon Froman

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Gordon Froman's Achievements

Apprentice

Apprentice (3/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Lore Name: Gordon Froman Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035183757/ Rank: Associate Research Activity Level: 5/10
  2. +support Lore friendly, doesn't require much effort, gives Janitors something else to do.
  3. COMPLETELY AGREE, although I have read some of the denied SCP suggestions and most fall into two categories: terrible or impossible to implement (due to lack of appropriate space, too complex for server, impossible to control, etc). I do think however that a little bit more of pro-activity when evaluating new SCPs would do wonders for the server. Specially if it means using the wasted space used by other not-so interesting SCPs like SCP-1162 (AKA the gloryhole) and SCP-079 (basically a dead computer).
  4. What you want to see? - SCP-513 door key changed from lvl4 to lvl3 Why should we add it? - It doesn't make sense that, as an Associate Researcher and according to the Research SOP, I should be able to test on SCP-513, yet the door is set for a lvl4 key. which I wont have until being a Foundation Doctor (medium command), which practically prevents most of the department from testing on SCP-513. What are the advantages of having this? - Research could actually test into SCP-513 as stipulated by its SOP. Who is it mainly for? - Research department, D-bois and Security. Everyone involved on the potentially fun test one could do on SCP-513. Links to any content - Non-applicable
  5. thanks! although I didn't try a new SCP or staged this in any way. Didn't even know it was possible. I truly just encountered a sentient washing machine in the hallway and started asking questions.
  6. Lore Name: Gordon Froman (thereinafter The Researcher) Rank: associate research SCP: unknown (self-denominated as HARK) Question / Idea: During a walk to the Medical Bay, a sentient washing machine was encountered. Background Research: The entity (thereinafter denominated SCP-HARK) is a sentient washing machine, roughly 85 cm high x 59-60 cm wide x 50-60 cm deep, which bears no denomination, serial number, brand or any other recognizable sign denouncing its origin or how it came to be in the LSZ corridor. When talked to, SCP-HARK talks with a friendly voice, which appears to emerge from an unknown point within the machine itself. Hypothesis: SCP-HARK can feel pain despite the obvious lack of any sensorial organs. Observations: SCP-HARK introduced itself when approached, explaining that it enjoyed receiving dirty clothes. When asked about its nature, it said that it was just a washing machine. It declared to have no memory regarding its origin, how it came to be on the corridor or where did its energy and water came from. The researcher gave SCP-HARK a dirty sock, which it gladly received and washed. Despite being washing the piece of clothing, SCP-HARK’s ability of speaking was not impeded in any way. After five minutes, SCP-HARK vomited a perfectly clean sock. After the introduction, the researcher set on discovering SCP-HARK sensorial nature. It obviously had a perception of sound and light, as it reacted to people around itself and commented on their clothes and equipment (especially when someone bearing weapons approached). When asked if it felt pain, SCP-HARK asked what pain was. It was at this point that MTF operative AHER approached the entity with a machinegun and proceeded to open fire. SCP-HARK tone of voice suddenly changed, and a weapon of unknown fabrication or origin appeared on its lid and opened fire, thus confirming that in one way or another, SCP-HARK had the capacity of sensing physical harm. As the researcher sought refuge from the firefight, it noticed that SCP-HARK was bleeding from the bullet holes in its metallic surface. Unable to ask more questions, MTF operatives destroyed SCP-HARK, which entire structure disappeared when its metallic cover had received irreparable damage. Subsequent analysis to SCP-HARK blood revealed that it was human in nature, although it had minimal traces of rust and a detergent of unknown brand. Evidence/Visual Stimuli: Exhibit A. SCP-HANK was confronted by an MTF operative, at which point brought out a gun. Exhibit B. SCP-HANK bled when fired upon by MTF operatives. Analysis / Conclusion: SCP-HARK did possessed an unknown mean to feel pain, along with a deep desire of self-preservation made evident by its will to defend itself when fired upon. Almost everything about the machine continues to be unknown, although the researcher personal hypothesis is that it was a product of SCP-343 omnipotence, perhaps a try to create a sentient object to chat with. Regardless of origin, it is extremely worrisome that an anomalous entity such as SCP-HARK can manifest in the middle of the Foundation’s secure facility in such an unexpected way. Hypothesis Answer: Hypothesis seemed to be correct. Despite the lack of any organic components, SCP-HARK could feel pain, possessed a sense of self preservation and even bleed when attacked by bullets. Hopes of further testing were wasted when MTF destroyed the entity.
  7. It's New Life Rule (yep, made a mistake with the acronym). Basically you cant go into the same are where you died for three minutes.
  8. Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! What you want to see? - Small reminder of the NLR rule in spawn rooms, specially for security. Why should we add it? - New players sometimes forget/don't read about the NLR rule. This leads to situations like security getting killed and immediately appearing behind your back on D-block. What are the advantages of having this? - New players would know / not forget about waiting three minutes before getting out of the spawn room. Who is it mainly for? - Security, research. Mainly security as many times I've seen poor D-bois killing the door guards just to get immediately massacred from behind. Links to any content - n/a
  9. +support 343 is basically God, why wouldn't he be allowed into D-block? As it is a donor job, enforcing rules should be fairly simple. I play 343 quite regularly and to be fair half the server is usually there, or more. Not being able to interact with these guys when nothing else is happening in the facility is quite frustrating. And I disagree with the statement that RP SCPs are only for researchers. They are part of the fun for all of us. D-class spend most of the time in D-block getting shot at and get really excited when something unusual happens, like God appearing. D-class also have the right to RP, not just to be used as SCP food.
  10. Just the title. I is such a cool feature yet nowadays it seems no one is allowed to use it. While I wouldn't just incinerate a D-class for fun or to recreate a holocaust shower (and I support striking people for doing this), punishing a test subject who ruins a test or rejects taking the amnesiac seems like a valid reason for me. So, what is the procedure or the valid reasons for using the incinerator?
  11. Form Title: [SCP-343 resistance test] ~ Research (14/04) Lore Name: Yao Rank: Junior Researcher Clearance Level: 1 List of personnel involved in testing: none Level D personnel involved: none SCP: 343 Hypothesis: SCP-343 is not immortal, just extremely resistant to injury and pain, and can be damaged by a strong enough weapon/tool like a Tesla Gate. Observation: I asked SCP-343 to stand in the active Tesla Gate on the D-block entrance. He agreed on the test, referring to me as "my son". He proceeded to stand at the Testa Gate on his physical form, receiving multiple electric discharges for more than 2 minutes. After the experience, he didn't showed any sign of injury of pain, instead telling me that, as he is master over space and time, he cannot be harmed. When asked if he lost even 1% of his health, he responded "I don't need to heal as I cannot be harmed. I don't even loose health, nor have any way to measure my health status". He then proceeded to excuse himself, telling me than "he needs to keep company to the SCP's on HCZ". It seems SCP-343 visits the containment chambers on the HCZ. When asked if that was allowed, he told me "sure, its not against the rules as far as I know". He then disappeared. I was puzzled of what rules does SCP-343 was referring to. Also, I felt unusually happy and content after the experiment, probably due to exposure to 343. Visual Stimuli (Photos/videos): n/a Errors and/or safety hazards: During the test, a D-class tried to escape and I received minor injuries in the crossfire with GENSEC. Conclusion: So far, no weapon or tool has been able to damage SCP-343. While the effect of weapons on 343 is well documented, I was surprised that even a Tesla Gate, able to kill a normal man instantly, doesn't do any harm to him. It was also unexpected that even him seems to follow some set of rules. This is a repost, somehow both my test posts where deleted in the morning.
  12. Form Title: [SCP-173] ~ Research (14/04) Lore Name: Yao Rank: Junior Researcher Clearance Level: 1 List of personnel involved in testing: Janitor (name unavailable) Level D personnel involved: Speedy Security [...] (don't remember whole name) SCP: 173 Hypothesis: when presented with limited choice, SCP-173 will prioritize the elimination of aggressive targets. Observation: I introduced two D-class into SCP-173's containment chamber. Each D-class was given a different task: Subject A professed his love for 173, Subject B professed his hate. Then, both test subjects where blindfolded and tied at opposite ends of the chamber at the same distance of SCP-173. The door was closed by Janitorial Staff for ten seconds. After opening again, Subject A (the one professing his love) was dead in the floor, his neck broken by SCP-173. The surviving D-class was extracted from the chamber, given an amnesiac and set free on D-block. Visual Stimuli (Photos/videos): n/a Errors and/or safety hazards: Intent was to continue testing SCP-173's priorities but test had to be interrupted due to activation of DEFCON 3. Conclusion: When presented between two mutually exclusive targets, SCP-173 will kill the one showing affection instead of the aggressive one. One reason could be that hate and fear is a more familiar reaction to SCP-173 than love, thus love might appear as more unusual/threatening. Further testing is needed to confirm this conclusion. This is a repost, somehow both my test posts where deleted in the morning.
  13. Hello my name is Diego, in-game name Yao. Just want to say that I've been playing SCP-RP for a couple of days now and I love it! Only downside is the very low number of researchers when I'm around, currently learning how to contribute to the server by becoming a researcher :)