Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In
  • Conversation Starter
  • Reacting Well

Recent Badges

1. Having shared a manager position at the same time as Hotshot, I'd like to offer my perspective on what you're talking about. Firstly, almost all of what you are saying is complete trash. The whole Nazi Shock document thing was not under his control, I was there when it happened, you can't blame him for it, and after it happened they literally made it a policy that SMT must own all documents, showing that he did take something away from the situation and made an improvement. The whole Spectre thing, I mean let's be honest who cares? I wasn't here for that but it seems like he changed someone's reserves and you can cry about that if you want to but honestly it doesn't matter in the slightest and shows you're probably just butthurt about something (I wonder what, maybe your high command removal?!?!?!?!) and are nitpicking over things that just don't matter. The whole reserves thing is stupid, it makes perfect sense for someone to have their reserves revoked who did almost nothing for the battalion. There are people who had profound impacts on their battalions and very much deserve reserves and people who did jack shit and should not be given special treatment. Hotshot both has college and work related responsibilities, it is not fair to look at something related to time management and call it a personality problem or evidence of poor management. The bottom line is he's a busy guy, and it's already hard enough to get on his computer daily while keeping up with school and work. Suggestions take a lot of time and energy, using other peoples' feedback to try and sculpt a server into something that is successful is very hard to do, largely because people aren't game designers and therefore shouldn't give ideas for game design. That on top of how dated GMOD is, the restrictions of what can feasibly be done, the limits on download size for the server, etc. make it hard to continue to develop a server once you reach a certain size like ImperialRP has. As for getting new SMT, not everyone is able to handle all the responsibilities of SMT from day one and there is a period where trust has to be built between the manager and the new SMT before things can really get rolling. This is not only a trust thing about making sure they will not spread private information but also trusting their competence, as even people given HOS are not always going to be treated like a veteran SMT member because they aren't. I don't know what "long-standing whitelisting issues" could exist but I am the one who gave officers and command the ability to whitelist in the first place because up until that point it was only staff who could whitelist and I can promise you it's not a hard thing to do, small tasks like that just get swept under the rug until you actually make sure it gets done. Choosing new SMT is always hard, there was a time where we all took personality tests to see compatibility in workspace conditions just to see if anyone matched up nicely. Not everyone is gonna be a winner, not everyone is even going to be supported by every SMT when they are given the position, it can absolutely be a needs based thing. I thought Luci was a terrible choice to be an SMT and honestly I never liked him, but I understood the need at the time for someone else and right off the bat he proved himself to be a liability which I was fairly upset over but stayed out of for the sake of the server's success. As for the disrespect thing, I can say that I have not always had the most positive experiences with Hotshot when it comes to decision making. I always had a blast playing Arma and Squad and dicking around with him, but there were several things I tried to do that were shut down and then later implemented. I'm not going to go into it because it is water under the bridge at this point but there were some things with Gunnery and Shore, long story short he said no then added them after I left and it really doesn't matter. The only reason I bring this up is because out of our disagreement came positive change to the server. Just because someone doesn't sugar-coat all their interactions with people doesn't mean they are rude and disrespectful. Hotshot has a personality just like every other human being ever and that shows in how he interacts with people just like every other human being ever. It really shows you haven't really seen how he really is, Hotshot working on the server is very much focused on what he has to do and doesn't really care about feelings hurt. This has its ups and downs, it may hurt some people but spend a few hours playing with him and you'll see a completely different side of him. Is Hotshot a bad person? No. At most he is guilty of being over-enthusiastic and very passionate about ImperialRP. I think it is very easy for people who do not interact with him to see him as a man locked away in his channel who is disconnected with his community but Hotshot is genuinely one of the most dedicated people to Gaminglight as a whole and I hate to see people with a lack of understanding come and say these things about him. I have had countless hours of fun with him, he has put countless hours into the community, a vast majority of the conversation that took place in his channel was about the server. We were always worried people would see SMT like this because we didn't do GL as a full time job. We always had obligations, and those need to be respected. No one can dump all their time into the community and I think he has done a wonderful job with the server. Everything has its ups and downs, even GMOD as a whole is dying and he still manages to wake up and keep putting hours of his time into the server. If you want to say he doesn't have the time necessary to be one, I can't say I disagree but it would be stupid to not have him fill the position as he is incredibly dedicated and is a star wars nerd.
  2. + Support - Active - Dedicated - Hard worker - Command for 5 months - Interacts well with officers and enlisted - Woman Good luck!
  3. It is my dream to meet talila and stomp his head into the ground
  4. Always the manger's fault....
  5. 1. Your In-game: Scoot 2. Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:69016571 3. The player's name in-game: Frank 4. The player's steam name (If you know it): nicklas (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063451871/) 5. What did the player do: For those of you who don't know, Frank has been nothing but a thorn in the side of navy ever since he resigned. Although we can't know why without asking him directly, here is the main reason I believe he is doing what he is trying to do, which I will get more into later. The only reason I see for Frank to do the things he is doing is that he believes he should have been promoted further for what he put into naval, and is now upset. We have pretty solid evidence that Frank believes naval command screwed him over, even though he was just an average command member with a maturity issue and a problem with listening to command. A couple weeks after Frank resigned he decided to go through the naval channels and tell the naval in there that they should resign because naval command would just end up "fucking them over". We had to change the naval passwords because of this, which is proven in this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/zagg3a. The reason they said "if you are caught giving this password to anyone outside of naval you will be punished" is because they were worried people would just give it to Frank again, and he would go through trying to kill navy. Frank has also made many statements on the forums which suggest his disdain for some naval members, which I will highlight in these: https://prnt.sc/zagv93 (on his resignation), https://prnt.sc/zagzfd, https://prnt.sc/zah0xe (says naval high command suck by saying Stone was the only good high command), https://prnt.sc/zah6b9 (calls naval high command biased even though he has no understanding of the full situation), https://prnt.sc/zahcr5 (in his resignation in black test, trying to stir the pot by bringing up the event which led to nimo's staff restriction). Since then Frank has reported both Nimo and Talila, and seems to have made it a side project to screw with anyone remotely involuted with naval command. Both of these were for racism, but the clips were over a year old and were largely forgotten about. Frank is trying to get them banned for a grudge, which shows the maturity issues that prevented him from climbing the ranks further. You may be thinking that he is just trying to stop racism in the community, but frank has no problem with racism which is shown here: https://prntscr.com/vz988q. He isn't trying to scrub racism off the face of GamingLight, he is trying to blackmail people. Just today he got on and tried to mess with naval, claiming that he just came back from his reserves and had Vice Admiral, and proceeded to promote two naval falsely (proof https://prnt.sc/zailoa). 6. Evidence (REQUIRED): Weaved into the paragraph above. Click the links while reading the paragraph to get a better understanding of the situation 7. What do you believe should happen to the player: Blacklist. It may seem harsh to some of you, but think of it like this: Frank will only ever interact with the community ever again to try and ruin people's experiences. Do you really want someone like to be allowed to join teamspeak, post on the forums, talk in discords, and play on the servers? The only way to stop this permanently is a blacklist. 8. Any extra information: On Frank's staff resignation he claimed his reason for leaving was "Need to start focusing on my life. Exams and a lot of changes are coming for my daily rutines." Has he started focusing on his life? Or has he tried to tear others apart. It seems to me that he hasn't done a great job on focusing on himself.
  6. Kinda hard to read what with all the grammar mistakes, but I assume you got upset when the Marshall Commander hit you and when someone told you that it wasn't that big of a deal. The only bug here is that you can't recognize when to let something go.
  7. When management changed, it went from a server with 2 players daily to one with over 50 daily, to one with 30 daily, to one with 15 daily, to a dead server. It was an uphill battle the entire time. MilitaryRP is a dying gamemode, and unless there is some grand plan to reopen with a completely different server with new code, a new content pack, and a new motd (which I don't have to be in Slack to tell you there is no plan to do that), then the same thing will just happen again.
  8. I failed you around an hour ago because you did an advanced firing line incorrectly and you make suggestion? I was looking forward to you trying again, learning from your mistakes, and getting far in naval, but I guess not. Also -support for incorrect format
  9. What do you want to see? - Navy and high command jobs have their whitelisting permissions set up properly Why should we add it? - When I set up the whitelists, I did it with the expectation that pretty much all HC would be staff as well, and therefore wouldn't need any additional whitelisting privileges. Now we have non-staff in HC slots (Win and Classy), and I think it is time their whitelisting permissions are set up. As for navy, we didn't set up their whitelists fully because there were a lot of ambiguities at the time, but now that everything is more set in stone, they should be set up. Just yesterday I had to ask the Fleet Admiral to whitelist someone I just did a tryout for, as the Naval Officer job can't access the admin suite menu/whitelist, and he had to switch onto Admiral because his Fleet Admiral job has no whitelist access. It just seems like it is about time to set this up fully so we don't have to keep deferring the whitelists to others. What are the advantages of having this? - Naval don't have to rely on people with the Admiral whitelist and staff members to get whitelists, HC will have their proper whitelisting privileges. Who is it mainly for? - Naval & HC Links to any content - n/a
  10. what the fuck is this you joined 25 minutes ago with a monster of an application
  11. Your glizzy was relocated to bridge. You will have to get past Shock, DT, RG, IF, and Naval to get it back. Good luck, it's ours now.
  12. So then why are you +/- supporting, this gives the people making the decision no additional information. Think of a politician, many of us have never met any politician but we are still able to give an opinion about them. I get what you're trying to say, but pretty much every app has this for the same reason, because the people applying for it are trying to put themselves in the best light possible. This is what makes them stand out from not only everyone else on the ship, but from the other people applying. To say this is to also suggest that every single applicant has the same amount of maturity, activity, fairness, trust, and experience. Yeah, they're one rank apart. And isn't that the power that Vader has, that of a "Grand Grand Admiral". And it doesn't fail to paint an image of Vader, he gives 2-3 changes for each division (Army, Navy, Inquisitorious) that make sense, showing that as Vader he will not favor a branch. A "Grand Grand Admiral" would push most for Navy, treat Army as secondary, and have no jurisdiction over Inquisitorious at all. He provided two problems he came across, which just happened to be solved during his time as a command member. He isn't dodging a question, he is just saying that he solved them. Plus the solutions to the problem are so short it really isn't worth outlining in the application, as it would just be "I will work with the command team to ensure complete fairness across the board, and if I see someone is getting favorited, I will punish the corrupt command member and deal with the other person on a case-by-case basis" and "I will put in a requirement for the minimum number of flag-ups per (insert time, could be day, week, etc)". And don't think 'well then why didn't he just put that in there anyway', because it is just so basic that it would sound stupid. First you were invalidating opinions and now you are critiquing experience, neither of which is really proper. Hobbs didn't have a cookie cutter response to his opinion so you call him out for it? If anything it shows a more complex understanding of the dynamic problems facing the server. Most of your responses seem to be nitpicking just to nitpick, and provide little to no constructive criticism or actual feedback Hotshot and Luci will be able to use. I don't mean to come across as aggressive, it is just so annoying to see these types of responses.