• No

This poll is closed to new votes

1. What is your in-game name?:
    Friendly Steve

2. What is your steam name?: 
    [GL] Friendly Steve

3. What is your steam ID?:
     STEAM_0:0:23939222 

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) 
    Yes I had played a Dark RP server in the past and I was the rank of Super Admin. I had left due to time commitments the server was requiring and I could not be on for 4+ hours everyday while in Highschool. I as well ran an Arma 2 Day Z Epoch and Overpoch server for 3 years which had been shut down due to Bohemia becoming more serious towards servers selling in game items for money (Which kept the server alive).

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)
    Approximately July 5th

6. What date did you make your forums account? 
    Wednesday July 11th

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?
    Senior Moderator

8. How many warns do you have on the server?

9. Have you donated? 
    Yes! $160USD 

10. What rank are you applying for?
    Admin

11. Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?
    No

12. Have you read the staff guidelines at

You will be tested on it: 
    Yes

13. Timezone: 
    EST

14. Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): 
    Snar | ArmyGuy | FameCarpenter | Spection Rhenic | Felix

15. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

First of all thank you all very much for taking time to read my application, I understand applying for Admin means you need to be a trusted member of the community, know the rules and be active. I appreciate honest feedback from anyone who chooses to vote/reply to my application even if it is negative!

Sooo lets get this going!

Gaminglight is not just a "Server" that I play/staff on, it has become so much more than that. The friendships that have been created, the amount of memories that I have made, the time that I have invested into the server have all made this a server that I will remember forever. I have made many friendships on the server and there are many members that I consider to be like family. I want to say thank you to everyone for making my experience as amazing as it has been and to those who have helped me on my journey in not just a staffing role but also in departments that I am apart of. You are all what have made my experience special and memorable and I am truly so grateful for that.

I strongly believe I deserve the promotion to Admin because of my dedication I have shown, how I handle myself on staff and how I interact with players. While I am on staff every situation that comes to me I make sure that I put myself in both persons shoes to get a better understanding of the situation. This helps me know when a warn is needed and when a verbal warning will suffice. I have not received a single false warn report to date and I think the reason being is the approach that I have. I try to be as understanding as I can to people in sits and treat everyone equally and respectfully. People make mistakes, I get that! We are human after all and I believe that educating rather than warning for everything is a much better approach to situations. I have been thanked by a couple of people now who have come back to me and said they appreciated me giving them a second chance. Those same people I have pulled into sits that had a sit against a person for RDM or some other offence and has sat there and listened to me ask the other party for an explanation. Before I can even make my judgement they would tell me they would prefer a verbal warning for them as long as I talked to them about the rule that they broke and they understood. I mention this because usually in sits the side requesting a sit more often than not wants the person warned immediately for breaking the rules, rarely do I get people who come to me saying that they would be okay with me giving a verbal warning.

I love interacting with the community while in game and I do so every chance I get. Whether that is making sure I am involved in creating good RP scenarios for traffic stops, hostage situations or even when my own base is being raided by TAC units. Creating an enjoyable experience for individuals is much more rewarding than just doing things for myself. People come onto this server for many different reasons; an escape from life, a way to pass the time or just to hangout with friends. If I can even make one persons experience better by teaching them how to build a decent base, how to get money, giving them my own printers to make money or even just simply giving someone an enjoyable RP with a traffic stop instead of immediately driving away and making it a chase I would do that 1000 times over. With having more involvement as a member of SRT I pride myself on the way I respond to situations and I believe I create unique and enjoyable role play experiences for all those players involved.

I always try to have a good attitude whenever I am on and make sure that if there are not enough staff on and calls come in I hop on staff right away. With the new staff ratio being added back in recently this also means that whenever a staff member needs to get on to fill the spots I try my best to get on as quickly as possible to help out the other staff members that are on. Staffing is so much more than just answering calls, going to a sit and deciding to give someone a warn or not. Its a chance to show the players that Gaminglight has staff members who genuinely care about their experience as well as the longevity of the server they are on. Without players there would be no staff and for that I would like to thank all of the players who are apart of the Gaminglight community with me for helping me get this far in staff, but also those who I play with in the server on other departments, on crim and helping make my experience as amazing as it is.

As I wrote this I felt that this would be very different from my other applications. I do not want to regurgitate what I had already talked about on my previous applications as I believe my actions leading up to this point have shown that I care for the server, I care as a staff member and I care as a member of the Gaminglight family. Instead I want to share with you my feelings and thoughts on Gaminglight, how I see myself staffing and playing and how extremely proud I feel to be a staff member for you guys as well as how grateful I am to have met as many friends as I have in the time I have been on the server. Gaminglight will truly be a community I will remember for many years to come.

Thank you all for taking your time to read this! As mentioned above I appreciate any type of feedback you may offer, positive or negative it does not matter to me. It just helps me grow and learn from my mistakes!

***I would just like to point out this is more or less the same application I had posted previously however was denied quickly due to errors on my part which was my fault. Everything I have wrote in this application is literally straight from my heart and feelings towards the server, players and I would honestly would not even know where to begin to re try and explain myself all over again. Thank you once again for reading this, see you all in game!***

16. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
    I would !jailtp him to a secure location and begin asking him why he was MassRdming. If he began swearing at me I would simply !gag him and then investigate the claims against him by using !plogs. Once I find sufficient evidence in the damage/kill logs and find that he had indeed either attempted to Mass RDM or did RDM and kill the players I would explain to him what I found and I am giving him a chance to explain why he did what he had done. If he continues to swear or curse at me I would gag him once more and inform an Admin of what the individual had done and let him know I had checked the logs and would request a 10,000 sec Minge on the player(If I was an Admin I would do this step myself). Along with that I would !warn the player for MassRDM | FailRP | Staff Diss. I would then TP him to the timeout room and share the !motd to the player and suggest he reads it if he wants to be a long term player on the server.
Edited by Friendly Steve

+support wait did you get enough perms now LMAO xD ❤️

-Mature

-good app

-activty could get better  (most likley timezones)

-Nice person 

Good luck! 

-S-Admin Jeff Jr

Edited by Jeff Junior
  • Like 2

• Snarlax locked this topic
  • ArmyGuy unlocked and locked this topic