**Gaminglight Rocket League Tournament!**

Igneous

Good Idea?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do more tournaments like these?

Gaminglight Rocket Leauge Tournament!
I am pleased to announce that I want to host a Rocket League tournament for all of the members of Gaminglight who play the game!
This tournament is open for all levels and anybody is welcome to participate!

This is not going to be played for a reward, just being played for fun. I've never done something like this so hopefully, this all works out well!
Here are the rules:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Each team will consist of 2 members, you may have one substitute if you wish.
Both members of a team must have each other added on steam.
Your team must come up with an appropriate name, and if you want a primary and secondary team color.
You and your teammate must be in TeamSpeak and ready to play on Saturday, Dec 8th at 3:30 PM EST. I will have someone tell you all which channel to join.

Gameplay:
Each matchup will be a best 2/3, meaning you will need to win 2 games to eliminate your opponent.
The game will be the default, no mutators will be applied (maybe in another tournament!)
Games will have 5 minutes of regular time, and if over time the first team to score wins.

The final matchup will be a best of 5, meaning teams will need 3 wins to defeat their opponent.

If a member of a team leaves, the player will have until the game ends to re-join, or the matchup will be forfeited to the opposing team.
If a team does not show up to play, the team scheduled to play that team will receive an automatic win and move on to the next round.

It will be a single-elimination tournament.

Again, this is my first time so if you have any questions please ask!

If you wish to participate, please respond to this post using this format:
Team Name:
Team Colors (If Applicable):
Team Members:
Questions? 

I will either have a Random roster generator make the brackets, or I will have Rocket League's tournament system do it automatically, but either way it will be random! Good luck to all!

Edited by Igneous
Changed Time to Sat 3:30

big cat running GIF

Team Name: Mitchel + Taylor

Team Colours: Keep our team on default colours so we can have our own sexy coloured cars.

Team Members: tcoops + Mitchel

Questions? Is it possible for matches that me and Mitchel are in to do it as crossplay so basically password + username to connect to the private server? He can't run RL on PC but can on PS4.

Edited by tcoops

1 hour ago, tcoops said:

Is it possible for matches that me and Mitchel are in to do it as crossplay so basically password + username to connect to the private server? He can't run RL on PC but can on PS4.

The way we are probably going to end up doing is it is through the Rocket League tournament system, meaning you guys would need to be in a party together in order to join. Rocket League doesn't have cross-platform parties yet, so I'm not really sure if that would work out. If we get a lot more players, I will have brackets and stuff set up and players can have the games through private matches, but that will be a lot more difficult to set up. I don't intend on doing it that way, so I'm not sure if him playing on ps4 will work out for you.

big cat running GIF

9 hours ago, Igneous said:

The way we are probably going to end up doing is it is through the Rocket League tournament system, meaning you guys would need to be in a party together in order to join. Rocket League doesn't have cross-platform parties yet, so I'm not really sure if that would work out. If we get a lot more players, I will have brackets and stuff set up and players can have the games through private matches, but that will be a lot more difficult to set up. I don't intend on doing it that way, so I'm not sure if him playing on ps4 will work out for you.

You could make a spreadsheet of tournament games and have multiple going on at once and possibly get a random generator to pick who vs who. He can’t come play on PC because he can’t run it but only on PS4. If you can’t do it, I’ll understand and let him know. 

12 hours ago, tcoops said:

You could make a spreadsheet of tournament games and have multiple going on at once and possibly get a random generator to pick who vs who. He can’t come play on PC because he can’t run it but only on PS4. If you can’t do it, I’ll understand and let him know. 

Yeah, I think we are just going to be running it through the rocket league system, meaning he most likely will not be able to participate. I apologize.

big cat running GIF

18 hours ago, Haley said:

I got you Duv. #TeamHayDuv?

? I already partnered with JeffM but I'm down to play if you wanna add me.

Team Name: GoTtA GO FaSt
Team Colors (If Applicable): Black and blue
Team Members: JeffM and Duv
Questions? Who's tryna get rekt?

Edited by cherry force

• Bread locked this topic