Fame

Your Opinion Matters

55 posts in this topic

It has come to my attention that some players on PoliceRP feel as if there opinion is not needed, or wanted in the server. I just wanted to send a quick message to everyone and make it clear that regardless of if you're staff, or a regular player, your opinion is very important to SMT. SMT would NEVER silence anyone for voicing their opinions. Lately, some decisions have been made that some players may not agree with. That's okay! Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. The only reason people ever get in trouble for voicing their opinion, is if they do it in a very rude/disrespectful way. We would never think less of someone just because they have a different opinion as us. That's not right. I wanted to make sure everyone knew that we appreciate the feedback we are getting on recent issues, and are working on a fix. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion because your opinion is very valued. It doesn't matter who you are or what your background is. All we ask if you remain respectful and professional while doing so, so there will be no issues. If you ever wish to talk to me feel free to reach me in game/ the teamspeak/ or the forums. Thank you for reading and I hope this clears some things up.

Sincerely, 

Fame and the Police RP Senior Management Team/Junior Management Team.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Yep. You can always talk to SMT with your opinions. But stay mature and dont get disrespectful. 

• Like 1

I've been very respectful but im getting removed from PD command for a survey?????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Just now, Chad B said:

I've been very respectful but im getting removed from PD command for a survey?????

WHAT!

Just now, Chad B said:

Come speak to me in teamspeak please

Great post Fame! This was much needed, and I am glad SMT took the time to put this out to the community.

I feel like my voice is really worth anything cause i am online a member not a staff member. the only person who helps me alot and is really good at his job is CPT Chad

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maral the great said:

i think you making this post is great alot of people feel they will get in trouble but here you have it!!

Totally, you  should not be afraid to talk to SMT, it is great to have a healthy relationship with them, never be scared to talk to them or voice your opinion, THEY ARE HERE TO HELP!!

It's got to the point where peoples in game Department ranks are being effected for making an attempt to voice their opinion. Some Staff and Command alike are afraid of the repercussions of their opinions. I've personally had two of my close friends command ranks removed for trying to respectfully speak up, and put in there opinions on certain controversial topics. Furthermore, I have been personally confronted by a management member (They will remain anonymous)  for respectfully voicing my opinion on a certain subject. Keep in mind this confrontation was more or less unsavory, and I was in no way disrespectful toward management.  It unfortunate that some of us who play on this community to have fun, and make friends, are in such a state of fear. However, it's nice to get some clarification on this issue.  

• Like 5

I feels like if anyone tries to voice there opinion from staff, SMT will shut us down and it will be affected us negatively. SMT has been making so many decisions without getting feedback from the community, like nerfing down CERT and adding ARU. It just feels like SMT is doing things that only benefit them and it feels like they don't really care about us. And I'm not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, I'm just trying to voice my personal opinion. But thank you Fame for clarifying for us. I just think that everyone should be allowed to voice there opinion without SMT shutting them down. Again, this is just me trying to voice my own personal opinion. Thank you again.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hooplaa said:

It's got to the point where peoples in game Department ranks are being effected for making an attempt to voice their opinion. Some Staff and Command alike are afraid of the repercussions of their opinions. I've personally had two of my close friends command ranks removed for trying to respectfully speak up, and put in there opinions on certain controversial topics. Furthermore, I have been personally confronted by a management member (They will remain anonymous)  for respectfully voicing my opinion on a certain subject. Keep in mind this confrontation was more or less unsavory, and I was in no way disrespectful toward management.  It unfortunate that some of us who play on this community to have fun, and make friends, are in such a state of fear. However, it's nice to get some clarification on this issue.  

Both Matthew and Chad have had their rank restored by myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fame said:

Both Matthew and Chad have had their rank restored by myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I appreciate it. However, the other points I made still stand. Thank You for listening to our views, and our side, it does mean a lot to the Staff Team and the Community. 

6 minutes ago, GhostlyNinjaDude said:

I feels like if anyone tries to voice there opinion from staff, SMT will shut us down and it will be affected us negatively. SMT has been making so many decisions without getting feedback from the community, like nerfing down CERT and adding ARU. It just feels like SMT is doing things that only benefit them and it feels like they don't really care about us. And I'm not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, I'm just trying to voice my personal opinion. But thank you Fame for clarifying for us. I just think that everyone should be allowed to voice there opinion without SMT shutting them down. Again, this is just me trying to voice my own personal opinion. Thank you again.

Every decision made by SMT is for the better of the server. I appreciate you making this point though! We definitely don't want anyone to feel like we are shutting them down for speaking their opinion. That's not right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fame said:

Every decision made by SMT is for the better of the server. I appreciate you making this point though! We definitely don't want anyone to feel like we are shutting them down for speaking their opinion. That's not right.

In my opinion this is the right time to have a community meeting so everyone can understand how SMT thinks and the players. And I think it would let both sides cool down and listen to each other 

6 minutes ago, Hooplaa said:

I appreciate it. However, the other points I made still stand. Thank You for listening to our views, and our side, it does mean a lot to the Staff Team and the Community. 

The SMT member who approached you for voicing your opinion was wrong and I apologize for that. I don't think he meant any harm.

Fame, I thank you so much for making this post. I really feel this was neccasary to bring up, and just thank you, thank you, for everything you've done and for all of what SMT has done to make this a great Garry's Mod Gaming community.

1 hour ago, Hooplaa said:

Well said 

Fame, You are the man. I appreciate the fact you took time out of your day to post something like this. I feel that with recent things that have changed it has really got some of the most active people in the community upset. Something like this was needed to help calm the nerves of everyone. 

Hoopla, You make some very strong points and im glad that you said it. 

As for myself, I do feel just like most of the others, We are afraid to voice are opinion because what we feel has no harm or disrespect intended, somehow gets turned into us being disrespectful to others,Therefore we would rather keep our mouths shut. Just to be sure we have no chance of what we worked to get, taken away from us.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Friendly Steve said:

Awesome post and well spoken. Great job fame!

Remember everyone, be respectful!

Fame this is one of the best topics in a while talking about this. It is not ok for people to be disrespectful and not ok. 

• Like 1