So im looking into some recoring software to record my games if people try to bamboozle me in a sit or some but I always search the internet for the best ones but you end up in a ditch or some. So that is why I bring the question of what recording software you use for your gmod/games and what do you recommend using.

preferable a free one if possible.

ย 

thank you,

~`Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander &ย J.M.T Member

๐ŸŒŸBest driver of the year award๐ŸŒŸ

ย 

I Would like to know this aswell

Former Superadmin

Senior Moderator

RU Trial Junior Brigadier General

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Military RP

16 hours ago, Freeze said:

So im looking into some recoring software to record my games if people try to bamboozle me in a sit or some but I always search the internet for the best ones but you end up in a ditch or some. So that is why I bring the question of what recording software you use for your gmod/games and what do you recommend using.

preferable a free one if possible.

ย 

thank you,

~`Freeze

OBS Streamlabs, better for streaming and recording. That is what I use.

ย 

Edited by Jet Hazard

On 11/30/2018 at 6:24 AM, maral the great said:

I like GeForce shadow play basically you can record theย last 5 mins by hitting alt f10 or what ever you set your bind to so you donโ€™t have to record the whole time and then there also an editing software built in so you fix the clipย 

Shadowplay is perfect for what you are looking for. It records the last 5-10 so minutes of gameplay, and by hitting a keybind you can retrieve that footage. Doesn't cause any lag from my experience.

I use Geforceย ShadowPlay, with a press of a button you can start to record.ย ย It might be better then OBS since you can record with a press of a button, if you are mostly going to use it for evidence in sits.

Edited by Dimson

There are a lot of good ones, I have used filmoraย a lot. Its okay and has a nice simple interface but overpriced.

U.S. Four Star Generalย  August 2018 - January 2019/ Reinstated September 2019 - Present

Creator of AFSOCย  lย ย Former MTF NU7 VCMDRย  lย ย Former Storm Trooper CMDR

@Freeze OBS is good but it can cause a lot of frame drops if it is not configured correctly. There are youtube videos to help you out to configure it so it uses the correct drive and graphics card ex.. as well as to make it record in HD and all that.

I use it but it used to suck when my settings were default. Now they are fixed and I can record 1080p 60fsp no problem with no performanceย issue.

• Bread locked this topic