Reinstall and Reoptimize VCMod

Finch

What you want to see? -  A clean installation of VCMod, then re-optimized for the current server status.

Why should we add it? -  Well, since the first optimizations that we made for VCMod, the server has alot more stuff on it and I feel it would clean up alot of the lag which may be occuring seeing as VCMod is once of the heavier addons on the server and that most of the time, VCMod is one of the major things that mess up on the server such as the current issues with the car dealers for people like @-Unknown-, the issues with tyres popping for @Joe Mama , etc.  I think that if we start up with a clean slate then we could get this ball rolling. Its my belief that if this does go forth then we should do a minimum of 2 weeks notice for people to sell their cars out for the full purchase value so that we get a chance to do this properly cause right now I may as well be playing Snake on my old nokia flip so.

What are the advantages of having this? - Would clean up alot of the active bugs we have, and the new servers like AnimeRP aren't having these VCMOd issues and everything is alot smoother.

Who is it mainly for? - The sun gods (Literally everyone)

Links to any content -  https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/21 (Already Owned), https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/489 (Already Owned).

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative

• Owner
2 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

If you deleted these files? How will it effect us? Apart from removing our cars? @Zeeptin

Currently, there is no way of telling which data file is who's so we would need to wipe everyone's cars on the server. Which we are NOT going to do.

1 hour ago, Zeeptin said:

Currently, there is no way of telling which data file is who's so we would need to wipe everyone's cars on the server. Which we are NOT going to do.

So clearing data files is entirely out of the question or is there a potential that we issue a 2-4 week notice post / mass message to everyone / mass email advising that policerp cars will be wiped? Either way, didn’t we do this when we did the economy reset? It was only a temporary fix from what I remember. 

(Still suggesting not giving orders)

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant 

1 hour ago, Zeeptin said:

I may be completely wrong but wouldn’t it be possible to find out who’s file is who’s if you locked the server for like 5 min and the people affected come on and their files should be at the top of you sort by last edited?

Kinda inconvenient method anyways.

• Owner
2 hours ago, Finch said:

So clearing data files is entirely out of the question or is there a potential that we issue a 2-4 week notice post / mass message to everyone / mass email advising that policerp cars will be wiped? Either way, didn’t we do this when we did the economy reset? It was only a temporary fix from what I remember. 

(Still suggesting not giving orders)

Entirely out of the question.

1 hour ago, [AWOL] Jojo said:

I may be completely wrong but wouldn’t it be possible to find out who’s file is who’s if you locked the server for like 5 min and the people affected come on and their files should be at the top of you sort by last edited?

Kinda inconvenient method anyways.

Yes, that would work like that but everyone affected would have to be on at like 4 AM EST to do that.

27 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

Yes, that would work like that but everyone affected would have to be on at like 4 AM EST to do that.

Does the community have a dev server for policerp? If so, if we merged all the current vcmod files onto the other server and ran the players on that, providing an identifier, that could realistically allow us to identify the files that are in use by targeting them exactly on the main service so that we can just update the files so that next restart can resume regular vcmod requests from those players?

I know current players experiencing vcmod issues are @Lee Carter @-Unknown- @Joe Mama

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant 

17 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

Doesn't work like that.

i guess its time to box up the furniture and move on. Thanks Zeeptin.

-Finch

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant