How do I stop the urge to wanting to quit?

[GL] Tom

Ok so I have been playing Garry's mod for around  about 3-4 months. I have never played any other servers since PoliceRP was my first ever server and the only one. Since joining in July I legitimately haven't taken off even half a day off. I'm starting to feel kinda of worn out playing the same stuff over and over again but I feel like there's nothing else to do and I almost feel at a dead-end. I know that a lot of you guys in the community have been playing for countless years and I want to ask, how do I keep playing but not get completely bored? I really need the advice because Garry's mod is litterarly the only thing I do but I feel like I'm only playing it now because I'm forcing myself to.

You guys got any advice?

1 minute ago, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

Shut down your computer, go outside, see if your friends want to hangout sometime, just relax

Yh, I play football a lot with friends but it's hard to not want to get on my computer ? but when I do get on, after 15minutes I start to get extremely bored and I feel like my passion is fading away

25 minutes ago, [GL] Tom said:

Yh, I play football a lot with friends but it's hard to not want to get on my computer ? but when I do get on, after 15minutes I start to get extremely bored and I feel like my passion is fading away

Wait for me to get back, thanksgiving or later (imma test if I can). 

• Laughing 1

35 minutes ago, Carpenter John said:

I would recommend making a LOA, and just playing some other games or chilling with friends.

Same take a LOA. If you have been on like everyday senior staff members notice that and will vouch for your when you make the LOA. Its well deserved for you

~~~Retired Staff, [GL] Cubone's Lover~~~

Former Super Admin: Walking Dead RP       Former Admin: Meth RP             Former Moderator: Police RP, Purge RP, Dark RP

Here’s the thing, I have been playing Garry’s Mod for about 5-6 years now and have been apart of and staff on 6-7 major communities. The only thing you can do is take a break, I would advise taking a 2-3 week LOA at least as well as not looking at the forums. Otherwise you’re going to start hating the game and you’re likely to just leave the community. Everything is only good for you in moderation my friend and you went a bit passed that, you just gotta correct your ways.

Edited by Wolfgangg
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

Shut down your computer, go outside, see if your friends want to hangout sometime, just relax

Trust me after 2 years i know

It really works like hes says, judt take a break/loa

• Thanks 2

If gaming is only the only thing during your free time. I suggest you should expand your hobbit like educate yourself on things you love to learn during your free time. Like I love to learn history on youtube or watch a documentary about WW1 or Cold War or how muscles build work. But if you just want gaming life, try to diversify yourself such as playing rust or Total war games ect... 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Wolfgangg said:

You personally don't have to do anything at all, the FBI agent reading this will though.

its not the fbi is australia

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative