SCPRP ~ New Server!

Mike_da_noob

More questions that I have in mind and forgot to add them or didnt have time:

1. What weapon package will the server going to be using? for example TFA, CW 2.0 so on so forward

2. If the map has a surface will it have civilian jobs like for example gun dealer, drug dealer so on so forward?

3. How many scp will be released and will more be added?

4. Will there be Custom Classes?

5.Will there be events?

6. Will there be other enemy's of the foundation that is not the CI or for now will only be the CI until the server has a huge player base like PMC (Private Military Contractors/Mercenaries)

(Once again sorry for the miss spelling or grammar mistakes I'm on my phone and that will be every question that I have atm, thank you for answering the other one.)

Edited by ?«G§A» Senior|Doom
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ?«G§A» Senior|Doom said:

More questions that I have in mind and forgot to add them or didnt have time:

1. What weapon package will the server going to be using? for example TFA, CW 2.0 so on so forward

2. If the map has a surface will it have civilian jobs like for example gun dealer, drug dealer so on so forward?

3. How many scp will be released and will more be added?

4. Will there be Custom Classes?

5.Will there be events?

6. Will there be other enemy's of the foundation that is not the CI or for now will only be the CI until the server has a huge player base like PMC (Private Military Contractors/Mercenaries)

(Once again sorry for the miss spelling or grammar mistakes I'm on my phone and that will be every question that I have atm, thank you for answering the other one.)

1. We will be using an array of addons, but the main weapon addon pack is m9k.

2. The map is site-19, so it does have a surface, but its in the mountains. Therefore there will be no civilian jobs (Besides Class D).

3. We have a good size list right now, but I plan on adding many more. If you or anyone has any suggestions for scps please link me the stuff and I will think about it!

4. Yes, we plan on allowing people to have their own scp classes, as long as they follow some type of SCP lore.

5. We do plan on having an event team for staff once the server is out.

6. We may allow private military custom classes, but for now it will be CI.

Anymore questions feel free to let me know!

2 hours ago, Mikedanoobgamer said:

1. Yes! I don't want to give too many details away, but we will be doing levels for almost all of the jobs.

2. For now, we do not plan on making people apply for any of the jobs, the leveling system should filter out minges who will abuse the SCPs.

3. There will be a rank structure, but not using promotions. We plan on using levels for those, so if someone is a level 40 (just a random figure) they may be a senior researcher so researchers below them should obey their instructions (FailRP if they don't).

4. So, for now, we are going to allow people to play as CI when they please, like I said before we will not have a life rule.

5. We plan on making it Semi-Serious. 

If you have any questions or requests about any of this, please tell me and I will be happy to listen!

Honestly was thinking about this the other day. I thought this would be a great server idea. Secure Contain Protect has recently become more popular than ever and a lot of the the SCP-RP servers out there already lack many things like; serious role players, lack of staff, lack of good staff, little jobs that pertain to the SCP story, and an enforced rule and guidelines. BUT I am very optimistic with GamingLight making an SCP server due to our high skilled staff that understand the rules and guidelines to said server they staff on. We also have a great community that are serious role players and are dedicated to learning how to play on said servers. Great decision making from the higher ups in the community, if you need any staff that are well informed on the background and lore of the server I'm willing to help!

~~~Retired Staff, [GL] Cubone's Lover~~~

Former Super Admin: Walking Dead RP       Former Admin: Meth RP             Former Moderator: Police RP, Purge RP, Dark RP

1 minute ago, [GL] Cubone's Lover said:

Honestly was thinking about this the other day. I thought this would be a great server idea. Secure Contain Protect has recently become more popular than ever and a lot of the the SCP-RP servers out there already lack many things like; serious role players, lack of staff, lack of good staff, little jobs that pertain to the SCP story, and an enforced rule and guidelines. BUT I am very optimistic with GamingLight making an SCP server due to our high skilled staff that understand the rules and guidelines to said server they staff on. We also have a great community that are serious role players and are dedicated to learning how to play on said servers. Great decision making from the higher ups in the community, if you need any staff that are well informed on the background and lore of the server I'm willing to help!

Love the optimism! If your interested in beta testing once we release the beta, feel free to apply 

SCP Containment breach was and still is one of my favorite games I have ever played, and am hyped to check out the new server.

Nice to finally see that thing you've been working on, and congrats on future manager!

I do have a couple of questions, however, but if you can't answer them I understand :3

1. How many SCP's will there be/be playable at once

2. What type of donation packages will there be

3. Custom Classes?

Once again, I'm hyped mike!

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

12 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

SCP Containment breach was and still is one of my favorite games I have ever played, and am hyped to check out the new server.

Nice to finally see that thing you've been working on, and congrats on future manager!

I do have a couple of questions, however, but if you can't answer them I understand :3

1. How many SCP's will there be/be playable at once

2. What type of donation packages will there be

3. Custom Classes?

Once again, I'm hyped mike!

1. I dont know the exact number right now, but its a good size. We do expect to add more once beta testing is released.

2. We will be having some good ranks and custom jobs. Dont want to spoil too much.

3. Yes, both scp and possible military.

12 minutes ago, Injoker said:

I’m assuming there will be a staff team on this server and it won’t be entirely staffed by smt correct? (Like base Wars was starting off)

That is correct. I plan on doing interviews for staff a day or two before it goes public (Within two weeks). We will also be doing apps as well. The apps won’t be available until the forum section is created.

I was interested at first but a Semi-Serious SCP server where you have to level up will not work, sorry but it's basically like anime RP. I used to play an SCP server and even making people apply and pay for jobs still didn't work, they would still minge. Also, people would just grind like JVS and there wouldn't be that satisfaction of receiving a promotion.

23 minutes ago, Mikedanoobgamer said:

That is correct. I plan on doing interviews for staff a day or two before it goes public (Within two weeks). We will also be doing apps as well. The apps won’t be available until the forum section is created.

Is it possible that the server changes maps every month or so to another site? Seems cool to have more than one site every now and then to me.

5 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Is it possible that the server changes maps every month or so to another site? Seems cool to have more than one site every now and then to me.

Hmm, it is an interesting idea. But changing sites every month would also mean changing the SCPs to fit lore, that would take a while. 

Seems pretty dumb. SCP-RP on GMOD? Get the actual game its free lmao.

Edited by Johnson

Russian Air Force Major. Former US COL

Senior Moderator on Military[RP]

"Well, God damn it then Ranger's Lead The Way!" -Norman Cota 1944

5 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Seems pretty dumb. SCP-RP on GMOD? Get the actual game its free lmao.

It’s axtually a very popular game mode on Gmod. We have been looking at the player count for SCP servers and they are successful. Gmod SCPRP is not story driven, therefore allows for unexpected dynamic actions that are present in multiplayer games. 

35 minutes ago, tacticaltaconick said:

Is there any brief ETA?

We are doing beta testing on Friday. We hope that the server has a first public form in two weeks (Around the 20th).