Texting and Driving

Wolfgangg

What you want to see? - I want to see "texting and driving" a tickable offense on the server.

Why should we add it? - It would increase roleplay on the server by pretending that the in-server chatbox is a phone. So if an officer sees someone typing for let's say more than five seconds in chat (to stop the accidentally clicked it excuse) they can pull the person over and ticket them for texting and driving. If one must type to someone else they should be pulling off the road anyways so they do not block traffic flow, or for roleplays sake hurt someone.

What are the advantages of having this? - Increases roleplay, adds realism and potentially will stop some car crashes within Rockford.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone.

Links to any content - 

Edited by Wolfgangg

+Support

An expansion of this is that they must be parked in a legal position before being able to text. This doesn’t include being stationary at traffic lights. Quote this in the main suggestion if you agree.

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative

58 minutes ago, Finch said:

+Support

An expansion of this is that they must be parked in a legal position before being able to text. This doesn’t include being stationary at traffic lights. Quote this in the main suggestion if you agree.

1 hour ago, Finch said:

+Support

Of course,  I fully agree with you but I don't believe it is necessary for me to add this to the original suggestion due to the definition of texting and driving already encompassing that. "Texting while driving, also called texting and driving, is the act of composing, sending, reading text messages, email, or making similar use of the web on a mobile phone while operating a motor vehicle." All in all, meaning that at any time one is using a vehicle they must not be on their phones unless they are parked in a legal position as you stated. 

Edited by Wolfgangg

+Support

-Add more realism

-Add more roleplay

-Possibly stop crashes :)?

-Sounds cool

Overall I beleive this would be a cool addon. 

Moderator Connortwos

Gaminglight Staff team

Edited by 1ryand

12 hours ago, Finch said:

+Support

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

On 11/6/2018 at 12:45 AM, Connortwos said:

+Support

-Add more realism

-Add more roleplay

-Possibly stop crashes :)?

-Sounds cool

Overall I beleive this would be a cool addon.