Warns removed slowly over time

Wolfgangg

What do you want to see? - I want to see warns removed slowly over time. Preferably I would like them to dissipate every 2-3 months since the time they were given. 

Why should we add it? - This should be added in order to allow people to change their actions and personalities over time. At the moment the warning system is just another way to permanently strike players and because they are taken into consideration when applying to most departments I do not believe it is fair for a warn made several years earlier to affect someone's chances of getting accepted

What are the advantages of having this? - 

• Give players a chance to change 
  • Warnings should simply be here to make sure people are not mass minging every time they are on the server. If someone has been on the server for four years and has accumulated 5 warns a year it would put them at 20 warns, past most departmental limits which I believe is not fair. When I first joined the server back in early 2016 I myself was immature and thought I could bend the rules to my advantage, I have gained almost every warn on the server from that time and it is not fair that they should still count against me. 

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone on the server.

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by Wolfgangg

3 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

-support

As much as I want my old warns removed, warns are there to log what you did to break the rules. It’s just like saying let’s clear every criminals record and let them start fresh because they haven’t been arrested in a few months.

I agree with this but does a warn from a year ago dictate who you are today. I originally joined the server to mess around and minge and now I am here sooo lol

Edited by Injoker

- Support

Warns are there for a reason. Every action you take has a consequence. Those warns are meant to be there as a permanent record. No sense in removing them as people would just keep minging and expect not to reach the warn amount for all the punishments. 

logan2.png

1 minute ago, Rhenic said:

-support

As much as I want my old warns removed, warns are there to log what you did to break the rules. It’s just like saying let’s clear every criminals record and let them start fresh because they haven’t been arrested in a few months.

I agree with you but you have to remember this is just a gaming server, people grow and learn and I think we both know most people join the server to minge but stay because they see the potential it has. Implementing my suggestion would still give people the punishment they deserve but give them a break when they start truly getting involved with departments and the roleplay on the server.

Just now, Logan said:

- Support

Warns are there for a reason. Every action you take has a consequence. Those warns are meant to be there as a permanent record. No sense in removing them as people would just keep minging and expect not to reach the warn amount for all the punishments. 

Such as I said in the suggestion the warns would still last a few months, enough time for one to learn from their mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

Okay so say someone joins and starts being a huge minge, mass rdming, no intention to roleplay, etc. and they get ~10 warnings or so. If this is a thing they will be able to leave, come back 2-3 months later, and no one would know that they’re a repeat offender. 

If someone does that they should be banned, not warned. I’m talking about minor infractions, what earns are meant to be for.

3 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

We don’t ban for Mass RDM, NITRP, etc. we only ban for major problems such as threats, advertisement, etc.

Don’t you think it’s unfair that minor infractions are on the same level as Mass RDM? Maybe that’s something that should be changed...

1 hour ago, Rhenic said:

-support

Honestly I couldnt agree more. Plus it shows you to not do it again. Once you get a warn and you a very dedicated player it makes you to not want to break anymore rules because it stays on there besides end up going away. If it did that it might encourage people to do it again.

1 hour ago, Injoker said:

I agree with this but does a warn from a year ago dictate who you are today. I originally joined the server to mess around and minge and now I am here sooo lol

Like Rhenic said its to show that you did break the rules at one point. It wont effect how we see the player or to put in a harsher punishment its just there to show that you have caused trouble in the past. 

40 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

No not really. Don’t break the rules and you won’t be warned. You don’t even have to memorize the MOTD. If you are unsure about something, double check the MOTD or ask a staff member before doing it.

I have to respectfully disagree with your arguement. I personally do not think that minor and major infractures of server rules should both wind up as warnings. As well as the fact we should all be honest here and recognize that this should be an accepting community of love and that we should welcome second chances and ways for prior warns to be removed once one has learned their lesson with open arms.

Everyone goes through rough times of mental corruption and we should have the heart to forgive them over time, such as I suggested.

Edited by Wolfgangg

-Support

Maybe PRP manager would allow it, but I'd never do it on SWRP.

Warns are deterrent as everyone knows they are permanent, if they go away then every ones mentality about them changes. We have forgiveness, we allow appeals. If the warn isnt false, own up to your mistake.

Somone will simply say, "Well idk if i get warned cause it will be gone in 2 months so I can just rack up 20 warns and they'll be gone soon."

4 minutes ago, Gaur said:

-Support

Warns are deterrent as everyone knows they are permanent, if they go away then every ones mentality about them changes. We have forgiveness, we allow appeals. If the warn isnt false, own up to your mistake.

Somone will simply say, "Well idk if i get warned cause it will be gone in 2 months so I can just rack up 20 warns and they'll be gone soon."

Exactly how I feel about it and couldnt say it better myself

33 minutes ago, Gaur said:

-Support

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

1 hour ago, Gaur said:

-Support

Exactly what Gaur said.

2 hours ago, Gaur said:

-Support

nicely put and 100% agreed

That bald Aussie Guy

6 hours ago, Rhenic said:

-support

^^^^

8 hours ago, Rhenic said:

-support

I agree with Rhenic, but, I think that depending on how long ago warns were, then they dont matter(ie: we keep the record but if you were warned a fw months ago it doesnt affect getting into departments.

+/- support 

6 hours ago, Gaur said:

-Support

Here’s my thought process, if we were to implement this we would change our punishments to be more time based. Such as you can only get 10 warns in two months otherwise you get banned for week etc.... I have warns from when MilRP was literally a darkRP where you could do anything you wanted two and half years ago, should those still count against me on PoliceRP?

Edited by Wolfgangg

-Support

I just wanna start off by saying the warns are there for staff to reference and have a second opinion on if you have done the same thing prior or if it's a first offense, and for the "Players who have wronged in the past but are looking for a way to correct their errors.", They have wronged in the past but should learn from their mistakes and the warning should stick to show that they have committed an offense. 

On 10/29/2018 at 10:53 PM, Rhenic said:

-support

Agreed