I miss the old GamingLight

UrDadHasBigStraight

17 hours ago, soulness said:

We do infact need serious rp

Yeah I agree we just need to crack down or start a serious RP server devoted to this

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Injoker said:

Ok I am not trying to sound rude, but it would be nice if the SMT members replying would take this seriously instead of making it into a joke. PoliceRP is essentially shoot out rp now and no one really wanted that to happen.

Really what I was trying to say, I don't know why they didn't address the problem but I guess that's another problem with this community. 

1 hour ago, DURAMAXDIES3L said:

I mean, I like shoot outs?

I'm sure you do, after all being a custom class with multiple weapons would make shootouts fun for you but not for everyone else.

(By the way thanks to everyone for your support of my ideas!)

2 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Im just pointing out if you really want seriousRP. I can tell you 95% of this community doesn't want it. Even though you THINK you want it.

It doesn't need to be that serious, that you have to wait several minutes to RP a situation out multiple times. What is most important is the problems I laid out. To be honest EMS is kind of useless, you sure it makes RP more realistic and fun but a lot of the time there are way too many people for the EMS to handle into revive quickly so people just end up sitting there having to manually respawn.

9 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Im just pointing out if you really want seriousRP. I can tell you 95% of this community doesn't want it. Even though you THINK you want it.

And who says serious RP HAS to be 2 hour jail times with waiting for 15 mins whilst dead? Where does it say seriousRP has to be exactly like that?

We're looking for proper roleplay instead of just jailrp, serious RP can be up to 30 min jail time as it is now, only have to wait 5 mins, don't have many fail bases, no cnstant mass shootouts instead of anyone doing any roleplay, may even acctually be able to talk to a criminal without being shot.

Edited by -Unknown-

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

On 10/22/2018 at 9:53 AM, -Unknown- said:

I agree, we're trying our best with PD trainings and coming down harder on unprofessionalism in PD, but we still get little to no RP out of anything. I think that this could be affected quite a bit by the revive rule where you can't be arrested after being revived. This increased the amounts of shootouts and decreased RP a lot overall. We're also working on official quizzes and official trainings to be hosted at least once a week for all PD. 

As for other departments, they all have quite a lot of people but you may not see them very often.

It would only take a couple rules to change to make a big difference and to increase roleplay as a whole.

ye but its really easy to get in to pd all you need to do is to wait for a SGT+ then you can be in pd maybe we should make it so where you have to apply on the forms to join pd but its not has hard to get in to as state trooper lets say but the people who are below low SGT should do the test and if they pass they can stay at there rank, i say SGT+ not to take the test because i find SGT's + to be the better officers in the force. also when you die i think you sould lose 5% of your money so there is an inpact when you die 

Edited by warcub03

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

PD MSGT, Secret Service SSA Reserve

11 hours ago, Injoker said:

Ok I am not trying to sound rude, but it would be nice if the SMT members replying would take this seriously instead of making it into a joke. PoliceRP is essentially shoot out rp now and no one really wanted that to happen.

i agree, when im on pd or state troopers it feel likes there is a panic butten pressed every 5 seconds because there is a shoot out, its just a joke on how bad it is, i do under stand if they want to have some fun to go around and shoot people but if you want to do that then this is not the server for you

EX Secret Secret Service ASAIC, EX DOC CPL, EX EMS, EX ARU MSGT, EX Staff Moderator 

58 minutes ago, warcub03 said:

ye but its really easy to get in to pd all you need to do is to wait for a SGT+ then you can be in pd maybe we should make it so where you have to apply on the forms to join pd but its not has hard to get in to as state trooper lets say but the people who are below low SGT should do the test and if they pass they can stay at there rank, i say SGT+ not to take the test because i find SGT's + to be the better officers in the force. also when you die i think you sould lose 5% of your money so there is an inpact when you die 

The server is PoliceRP, if we made people apply, where's the police? Where's the whole aim of the server gone?

By trainings I'm talking about server wide PD trainings that high command host 1-2 times every week, if we made entrance training too hard there wouldn't be any PD.

12 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

I agree, but I don't think they mean SeriousRP I think he means MatureRP, not mingey shootouts and run EVERY FRICKING TIME criminals see the sight of those flashing lights EVEN IF ITS TO MOVE FOR PD TO PASS YOU CODE 3 FOR GEN STORE know what I mean .

Edited by ? Vinny
  • Like 1

I feel like the EMS rule(Pd can’t arrest after the person is revived)  has a huge part in the lack of RP because criminals just go into a shoot out in every situation ,because they won’t have any consequences because EMS half of the time revive you and they drive away and you don’t get arrested so you can just get in another shoot out. Back then people would RP traffic stops so they won’t get arrested but now they just kill the cop.

Edited by JMS

4 minutes ago, JMS said:

I feel like the EMS rule(Pd can’t arrest after the person is revived)  has a huge part in the lack of RP because criminals just go into a shoot out in every situation ,because they won’t have any consequences because EMS half of the time revive you and they drive away and you don’t get arrested so you can just get in another shoot out. Back then people would RP traffic stops so they won’t get arrested but no they just kill the cop.

I agree on this, there was a very big change in criminal attitudes and rp after this rule was brought into effect

I miss when you could get on, find a group of friends go rp, base, run around, etc and just actually talk with cops and play situations out. Instead of people running around mugging/murdering/cop baiting people, not even on with the intent to RP, People used to be warned heavily for no intent to rp and if they minged excessively they were taught a lesson or unfortunately banned but you never had mass rdm as much as now a days 

22 minutes ago, ? Vinny said:

I agree, but I don't think they mean SeriousRP I think he means MatureRP, not mingey shootouts and run EVERY FRICKING TIME criminals see the sight of those flashing lights EVEN IF ITS TO MOVE FOR PD TO PASS YOU CODE 3 FOR GEN STORE know what I mean .

Yes exactly I think this more of this community want.

Now how about everybody +support court cases and shit so we can actually have RPs for both cops and criminals.

3 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

And who says serious RP HAS to be 2 hour jail times with waiting for 15 mins whilst dead? Where does it say seriousRP has to be exactly like that?

We're looking for proper roleplay instead of just jailrp, serious RP can be up to 30 min jail time as it is now, only have to wait 5 mins, don't have many fail bases, no cnstant mass shootouts instead of anyone doing any roleplay, may even acctually be able to talk to a criminal without being shot. 

Lol everytime UC member tried to talk to police we keep getting "detain". Can't even talk to the police without having them flexing their "power" on us LOL.

I be honest with you as criminal perspective, there more negatives for criminals when trying to RP with police. I'll let you guys think about it.

4 minutes ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Yes exactly I think this more of this community want.

Now how about everybody +support court cases and shit so we can actually have RPs for both cops and criminals.

Lol everytime UC member tried to talk to police we keep getting "detain". Can't even talk to the police without having them flexing their "power" on us LOL.

I be honest with you as criminal perspective, there more negatives for criminals when trying to RP with police. I'll let you guys think about it.

Can you tell us negatives for criminals when they RP with police?

If we encourage more RP, maybe it won't happen as often

14 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

Can you tell us negatives for criminals when they RP with police?

If we encourage more RP, maybe it won't happen as often

Here are few examples

Everytime we pulled over, Police always called for backup and throw us in fear thus always causing police chase and mass shootings at the end.

Everytime we tried to talk to police who are investigating on us for no reason, we get detained for no reason.

Everytime we trying to legit RP such as hostage negotiation and a police officer(elite) failRP. They most likely don't get warn. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean and know what case. If not just look at denied report.

Everytime when we tried to RP with police, they find a way to detain us for almost any reason. Their reason is "Don't worry you're just being detain sir"

This is why I been begging to having an actual court RP which will balance all RP.

There are actually few times that RPing with police is very pleasant because those few police are actually very nice people.

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

15 hours ago, Injoker said:

14 hours ago, DURAMAXDIES3L said:

I mean, I like shoot outs?

I have a CC, I do enjoy the occasional shootout, but the real cake of the matter is knowing you don’t have to get into a shootout because people think they’ll lose. (Cops at least) will surrender when you hold a Negev to their heads and make them walk. 

17 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

100% Agree on that, We tried a Serious police roleplay server in the past and it failed

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

First -) The whole PD situation, this is true and not true. Some if the PD members are RPing out stuff, I think majorily it needs to be enforced more @noot @Kitty @-Unknown- 

Second -) The whole serious RO server failed, it never worked out, it never grew, we are most likely never going to do that (keyword most likely) the amount of minges on the server is growing you're right, we trust that the staff team deal with them accordingly in anyway 

Third -) PD training is up to the PD high command on how ever they run it, there was originally no training so, it's good enough that there is a training session for OD

Fourth -) The thing about dead departments, if you want PM me your idea on the dead departments and I can explain some of you want @UrDadHasBigStraight

Fifth -Shootouts -) The amount of shootouts with cusotm classes and or criminals is getting ridiculous you're correct, it's really hard to maintain/control because it's up to the player base whether or not if they want to RO our a traffic stop (I mean we could add a rule but it could start arguments/fights, well look into it)

Sixth -) Can you elaborate more on "require games in families" IDK what that means 

Seventh -( The whole veichles dmanage thing, we're working on it fixing it, we don't know what to the issue is and how it got changed randomly (we're thinking it's a VCmod setting up g that changed, yet we looked through it and yet no luck of figuring out how to turn it off) 

Eighth -) It was more ela orted now on the motd, government HAVE to have some sort of RO when seeing the wanted sign above someone's head

6 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

The server is PoliceRP, if we made people apply, where's the police? Where's the whole aim of the server gone?

By trainings I'm talking about server wide PD trainings that high command host 1-2 times every week, if we made entrance training too hard there wouldn't be any PD.

Yes but the test does not have to be hard it could be asking about if they have been on any police force on a server and asking about pull over and etc 

May be like what @ArmyGuy said that we could bring in a rule were if an officer pulls some one over its not classes as a threat or any think like that unless they ask you to step out of the vehicle with there gun out then it classes as an threat but then it's fail rp if they don't comply but there aloud to run of if they give them a ticket above $1000

Edited by warcub03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyGuy said:

Sixth -) Can you elaborate more on "require games in families" IDK what that means 

Sorry, autocorrect is being a pain. I meant to say gangs and family should have to be made officially. Like on the fourms.

1 hour ago, ArmyGuy said:

The whole serious RO server failed, it never worked out, it never grew, we are most likely never going to do that

Just because something doesn't work out the first time doesn't mean you never try it again, you change it up see what people like and try again. A lot of people want it and I'm not saying it has to be perfect RP. But anything is better than Right Now. It should be staffs discretion whether a shootout was warranted or not. If someone is pulling you over then you don't immediately shoot them. I understand if you committed a major crime and you get code 5ed. But a lot of the the custom classes don't want to "waste their time", and actually RP out the situation.

7 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Everytime we pulled over, Police always called for backup and throw us in fear

They do it because they know you by now and know that if they do anything against you then you're going to shoot them. Past Behavior plays a lot in a cop's mind. 

Everytime we trying to legit RP such as hostage negotiation and a police officer(elite) failRP. They most likely don't get warn.

I can actually agree with you on this, I'm not trying to just call out the criminals. The PD also have a lot of problems, I've been in multiple bank robberies negotiations where they get the hostage killed by just rushing in even though we told them we have a hostage. But also we need to stop random players walking in during a bank robbery trying to look for attention and Minging.

This is why I been begging to having an actual court RP which will balance all RP.

I 100% agree with you on this, I wish there were more court cases being RPed. The problem is people have to buy judge and most of the time there isn't a judge on as well as defendants and prosecutors.

Edited by UrDadHasBigStraight