I miss the old GamingLight

UrDadHasBigStraight

When I first started playing GamingLight about one and a half years ago on the old map, people actually tried to RP and treated it as an actual serious RP server. Traffic stops didn't turn to shoot outs every single time, OFCs actually knew the SOPs and followed the motd, and and today's main issue, the PD is filled with immature players. No I'm not saying being young is a bad thing in that you shouldn't play on the server at all if you're young. But you gotta realize that if you're being stupid and you're acting immature, you're going to be criticized and called out for it. It's ridiculous how sensitive people are on the server these days. Hell, calling someone a Minge in a sit will probably get you warned.

If you're a kid but you act mature and know the rules and follow them then not many people have an issue with you unless they're just a douchebag, and if they are just ignore them. Eventually they'll make a mistake and break a rule and you can get them in trouble. But if they're saying racial slurs or something very offencive then I see what staff needs to step in. 

The mid ranks, (SGT-SM) are continually being filled with minges and immature players that have no idea what they're doing. This is why many OFCs aren't being trained correctly, the Minges aren't filtered out and can rise through the ranks of PD. And then those Minges become the middle ranks and the cycle continues. 

This has infected the gaminglight community for a while now ever since the new map came out. not to mention the multiple dead departments that not many people play in and should probably be disbanded to let new funner departments grow. Now instead of criticizing the server like most people do without giving possible solutions, I will list some solutions for the problems I've listed.

-finally make this server serious RP again, I miss when people actually RP things out and it reels in more committed players.

-make PD training more rigorous and serious, this will help filter out the Minges and keep them out of the PD

-disbanded some dead departments, I won't go to name any because I don't want to start a firefight but I do think this will help to make some more departments that people will like better.

-chill out with the custom classes, it's ridiculous how overpowered in common the custom classes are becoming. The more custom classes that come out the more you're going to have to buff CP and that leaves the regular players in the dust, making it impossible for us to play and have fun

-require games in families to be made officially, this will help stop Mass minge parties from ruining the server and will provide some cool RP scenarios when it comes to gangs vs PD

-for the love of God please get rid of vehicle damage, it doesn't make it more realistic in facts actually makes it very hard to RP when you hit a curb and you die.

-PLEASE UPDATE THE MOTD! There are multiple conflicting rules that make sits very difficult whether to RP out somebody who is wanted.

This is probably the last time I'm going to post on this forum and most of you probably won't know who I am anymore as I have been using an alt for a while now. I'm a come back if these changes are made to the server. FiveM is a great upgrade from Gmod as there is a lot of RP aspect. I really like the old Gaming light and wish it I could go back in time to play it. But there is things I do like now that I wish had been implemented sooner, I love the Secret Service Isaac adds a lot of fun scenarios you can deal with, I also like the new map as it is a lot bigger and a lot more places to race and have a good Pursuit. 

It's been good while it lasted but it's time for me to finally go,

Sincerely,

Nicolaaas

Edited by UrDadHasBigStraight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i agree

it was fun when people got pulled over and they RP out the traffic stop. or when there is a raid on someone house the PD would stay outside and listen to command or who ever has control over the scene 

you will be missed

-Birdnest

Edited by birdnest

22 minutes ago, Syrup said:

Serious RP would be amazing not just in PRP...

31 minutes ago, soulness said:

We do infact need serious rp

46 minutes ago, birdnest said:

i agree

it was fun when people got pulled over and they RP out the traffic stop. or when there is a raid on someone house the PD would stay outside and listen to command or who ever has control over the scene 

you will be missed

-Birdnest

I agree, we're trying our best with PD trainings and coming down harder on unprofessionalism in PD, but we still get little to no RP out of anything. I think that this could be affected quite a bit by the revive rule where you can't be arrested after being revived. This increased the amounts of shootouts and decreased RP a lot overall. We're also working on official quizzes and official trainings to be hosted at least once a week for all PD. 

As for other departments, they all have quite a lot of people but you may not see them very often.

It would only take a couple rules to change to make a big difference and to increase roleplay as a whole.

Edited by -Unknown-
  • Like 1

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

2 hours ago, Fame said:

I THinK AnimeRP HaS SoME GoUD RP

Anime rp is da shit

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

But honestly not being an asshole but we need some one to put as much effort as valk did and start  banning these toxic players in  the community    not in a power hungry way though and not  banning people who crashed in your car 

If you really want to RP, there is a server when you died you stay dead for 15 mins (no respawning) and when you get thrown in jail you may get jail up to 2 hours. I tried it and hate it every moment of it. It too serious for my taste.

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

10 minutes ago, Cole Phelps said:

Idk swat is getting pretty strict and serious 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rhenic said:

Honestly, I agree with this. We need to start bringing back RP into PoliceRP. Right now, everything involving the police just ends up being a HUGE shootout that usually ends with salty criminals, salty police, or multiple admin sits.

Honestly its why I left

1 hour ago, gamikzone said:

October what this guy is trying to say is he misses when me and you used to go undercover all the time and bust people.

So true. You know that was fun. You should’ve been on for minge hour last night. There were 3 cops 5 gun dealers and 7 crims. They all targeted the PD and it was great. 

But do note I don’t condone minging. I think that RP is needed on the server or it loses its identity. A group without an identity is no group at all. 

52 minutes ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

If you really want to RP, there is a server when you died you stay dead for 15 mins (no respawning) and when you get thrown in jail you may get jail up to 2 hours. I tried it and hate it every moment of it. It too serious for my taste.

Where does it say we're gonna do that? That would just ruin the game altogether

• Thanks 1

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51