Rule Question

Wolfgangg

A few hours ago while roleplaying as a Police Officer I came across people sitting on top of the Police Station next to the entrance. Knowing that people are not allowed inside the station walls I assumed that the rule also means you cannot parkour on Government property to get onto the building and sit there, but when I called staff they told me that people were technically allowed to do that. In no way shape or form do I personally believe that what they were doing counts as roleplay and it is wrong to say the roof of the station is not trespassing onto Government property. I didn't come here to rant but rather am looking for clarification and possibly a rule change if our server truly does permit such behavior.

Admin in Question: Keuka

Evidence:

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.thumb.jpg.d5f141a5a389ef2f7be7a67a8872e535.jpgsteamuserimages-a.akamaihd.thumb.jpg.105946ca2177c017e1e285a4c1323581.jpg

Edited by Wolfgangg

So, the roof is part of PD so technically they shouldn't be up there. However, there isn't a rule in the MOTD saying that they cant be up there, Just a sign saying that "AOS/KOS past this gate" so technically speaking they can be arrested or killed for being on the PD roof.

5 minutes ago, Roleplaygod said:

As a Senior Mod:

Messing around the front side and blocking cars, standing on top of the bar so it won't open, Getting on the roof, I count all of that as Cop Baiting and FailRP. In my eyes, the cop is ok to KOS them.

As for the cop bait part, what counts and what doesn't count for cop bait doesn't really seem to be clearly defined in the MOTD so it's really up to the Mod/Admin to decide if what they're doing is cop bait.

But HEY, that's just my opinion on this as cop bait really isn't defined in the MOTD. (Infact the word cop bait is only mentioned once in the MOTD)

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

Just now, StackableGold said:

So, the roof is part of PD so technically they shouldn't be up there. However, there isn't a rule in the MOTD saying that they cant be up there, Just a sign saying that "AOS/KOS past this gate" so technically speaking they can be arrested or killed for being on the PD roof.

As for the cop bait part, what counts and what doesn't count for cop bait doesn't really seem to be clearly defined in the MOTD so it's really up to the Mod/Admin to decide if what they're doing is cop bait.

But HEY, that's just my opinion on this as cop bait really isn't defined in the MOTD. (Infact the word cop bait is only mentioned once in the MOTD)

I say it is cop bait because he is baiting the cops. They are doing something they would not do IRL or if they do they will be gunned down and arrested. A random person can't go into a precinct and run up to the roof and sit down. Or stand outside on the barriers. This is all cop-baiting & FailRP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

Just think, who manages to get on the roof of a Police department without permission and expects to be let off with no punishment?

Also true, but how would you even mange to get on the roof of the PD in the first place IRL? I'd say if the come down and get back up again then it is cop bait. 

Edited by StackableGold

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

The person is on top of a government building, which is a KOS/AOS zone if in and past the barrier and or front desk, which also means the person can be shot or arrested. Because he is on top of the Government building without permission in a KOS/AOS zone. 

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

Just now, Matthew said:

The person is on top of a government building, which is a KOS/AOS zone if in and past the barrier and or front desk, which also means the person can be shot or arrested. Because he is on top of the Government building without permission in a KOS/AOS zone. 

Yes. Some people try to be annoying and be like "I'm on the fence!" They get shot anyways. 

Jason Tucker

b_160_400_0_1313B4_A9B6F9_FFFFFF_000000_

If any of you think that a post i made is offensive, wrong, or just plainly don't like it. please contact me within the websites messaging system as I will take care of that post. Thank You. 

Just now, Jason Tucker said:

Yes. Some people try to be annoying and be like "I'm on the fence!" They get shot anyways. 

Yes the fence also counts as KOS/AOS, only if your standing on it, as it being property of the government and you don't have permission to be on.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

7 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

They're KOS if they pass the gate meaning fence, carpark, PD and roof

I don’t know if you can see it in the picture or not but the staff member used that same argument against me. To sum it up he said that since he wasn’t passed the sign then he could be there.

1 minute ago, Wolfgangg said:

I don’t know if you can see it in the picture or not but the staff member used that same argument against me. To sum it up he said that since he wasn’t passed the sign then he could be there.

As PD high command, I'm saying your Kos past the gate, on PD roof, fence and inside any part of PD.

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

On 10/17/2018 at 7:01 PM, Rhenic said:

The way I see it is if they go on the fence or the roof they can be arrested or shot.

When I was staff, If they where knowingly passing the line (onto the fence or the roof) they could face a possible warn on cop bait depending on the situation

OR

they could be arrested or shot 

Edited by Leapinglizard101

Every part of PD is a private property, and only government is allowed to be in it. Civilians cannot be in it whether it is the roof, fence, or even standing on the gate can get you ticketed, arrested, shot and/or killed on sight. The only part that is not a KOS/AOS area is the lobby.

-Colonel Dane

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:51 AM, Dane said:

Every part of PD is a private property, and only government is allowed to be in it. Civilians cannot be in it whether it is the roof, fence, or even standing on the gate can get you ticketed, arrested, shot and/or killed on sight. The only part that is not a KOS/AOS area is the lobby.

-Colonel Dane

also if you run on the fence which is the only way to get up there besides prop climb is FailRP