Sign in to follow this  
John_

Secondary Survey

Stamina (to combat B-hopping which some players have recently brought to my attention as a big issue with the server)?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Add Stamina?

• Yes
    • No

44 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, FuryFunkyMunkey Gaming said:

I think I'll stop B-hopping w/ shotty when USAS gets removed

I would like to second that motion.

the size of the map at the moment would very likely decrease the players for mil because you would have to take for ever to get anywhere and the increase of vehicles cuz people will use them more could lag the server

+Support

Bhopping makes it almost impossible for people to hit.  I've Bhopped many times to help me get out of situations where I almost die.  It almost never fails me.  The hit boxes break when you do this so you can't be shot.  It's also not RP because you're jumping like a bunny everywhere.  I do think it shouldn't be on the server as much so this mod could be perfect.  Thanks for asking player's opinions on this!

+Support on this days the server is going to a serious rp change, in my opinion if we do put the stamina bar people would be more tactical on pushing and advancing instead of just jumping to avoid getting shoot by the enemy team if the stamina bar get's added the server would take another step going serious and in my opinion it will be a great thing so people is able to to push together and being more careful instead of one guy taking down 3 - 4 people jumping avoiding getting shoot (no realistic at all)

Edited by ?«G§A» Senior|Doom

What I have gathered from both sides is that stamina would create more realism for the server but would be a inconvenience to all (not just new) players, as stamina would hinder them from traversing longer distances. The argument made to combat this, is that new players should just buy quads or find someone else in base to go along with. Not that that is a bad argument, but I would like to point out a few minor issues with this. Newer players can not afford to spend money on quads to get from objective to objective. Secondly, newer players are also alienated (not that that is a good thing) sometimes and legitimately can not find a ride. 

I would be more than willing to hear more ways to help combat b-hopping, but it seems stamina is not the proper way to go. Agree or disagree.

On 10/11/2018 at 3:51 PM, Syrup said:

I would be okay with stamina if the map weren't so big and we had more serious rp, but I also like the map. 

The map is not that big especially considering ghanzi is usually the main point and both bases have 2 capture points near them. With that said i do respect your opinion.

6 hours ago, John_ said:

What I have gathered from both sides is that stamina would create more realism for the server but would be a inconvenience to all (not just new) players, as stamina would hinder them from traversing longer distances. The argument made to combat this, is that new players should just buy quads or find someone else in base to go along with. Not that that is a bad argument, but I would like to point out a few minor issues with this. Newer players can not afford to spend money on quads to get from objective to objective. Secondly, newer players are also alienated (not that that is a good thing) sometimes and legitimately can not find a ride. 

I would be more than willing to hear more ways to help combat b-hopping, but it seems stamina is not the proper way to go. Agree or disagree.

I mean. We could always try to fix the economy 😛 No ideas how but it would solve the quad problem xD

+/- Support

I hate b-hopping

I hate taking for ever to get to point

I hate not having a quad ready

I hate not having money for helis

I think the economy needs a fix and there to be way to counter b-hoppers. But I like getting to points fast soooo... Idk Hard to solve. I think first priority should be to fix the economy, before we decide to add a stamina bar. 

Edited by Dave

32 minutes ago, GoogleChrome said:

I think with a stamina system we can push more people towards using aircraft and land vehicles instead of traversing the map on foot.

9 hours ago, John_ said:

The way I see it b-hopping is absolute cancer and ruins gameplay, and most newer players in the first place dont know how to buy quads, dont have money, or go in humvees so the only way I see this contributing to the server is positively.

p.s. For the people who have said they dont support this change who bhop frequently I find your arguments based on self interest

Edited by Tum-tumz

1 minute ago, Tum-tumz said:

The way I see it b-hopping is absolute cancer and ruins gameplay, and most newer players in the first place dont know how to buy quads, dont have money, or go in humvees so the only way I see this contributing to the server is positively.

p.s. For the people commenting -support who bhop frequently I find your arguments based on self interest

They would find it just as easy to say for those who are + supporting and not bhopping "frequently" find your arguments based on self interests.

Attack the argument, not the person.

2 minutes ago, John_ said:

They would find it just as easy to say for those who are + supporting and not bhopping "frequently" find your arguments based on self interests.

Attack the argument, not the person.

Only one person has -supported though, and they dont bhop. Im more referring to comments not on the forums

Edited by Tum-tumz

1 minute ago, Tum-tumz said:

Only one person has -supported though, and they dont bhop. Im more referring to comments not on the forums

Read the comments.

1 minute ago, John_ said:

Read the comments.

Im only counting people who said "-support", I truly believe bhopping does nothing to help the server and adding stamina will only better our community

Just now, Tum-tumz said:

Im only counting people who said "-support", I truly believe bhopping does nothing to help the server and adding stamina will only better our community

I asked for everyone's opinion, not for your plus or minus support. Those disagreeing with the addition of stamina gave arguments of why stamina they believe it should not be added for a multitude of reasons. Those agreeing, from what I have seen, have given little to no argument besides "I think it's cancer so it should be removed."

Just now, John_ said:

I asked for everyone's opinion, not for your plus or minus support. Those disagreeing with the addition of stamina gave arguments of why stamina they believe it should not be added for a multitude of reasons. Those agreeing, from what I have seen, have given little to no argument besides "I think it's cancer so it should be removed."

I misinterpreted the situation in that case, from what I see the majority of people see bhopping as a nuisance but at this point I have nothing to add to the discussion.

Stamina is starting to appeal to me a little more, we should be utilizing buddy system and squads at all times anyway. This is why officers have hummers because if you’re a captain you probably have a good amount of money. If anything the map should be bigger even with stamina. I’m just looking for a better use of more serious RP.