Sign in to follow this  
John_

Secondary Survey

Stamina (to combat B-hopping which some players have recently brought to my attention as a big issue with the server)?  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. Add Stamina?

    • Yes
      21
    • No
      23


44 posts in this topic

I had a vote in game and most players strongly voted yes. I still would the opinion of those who were not on the server at the time. Vote yes or no and you may reply with a personal opinion below. HOWEVER, this will be a civil discussion. Any rude comments will be removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see B-hopping as a huge issue. It gives players who practice it an advantage to get around the map quicker and avoid shots. Even if it is difficult to kill someone who is jumping around, there is nothing stopping you from doing the same. Stamina would also cause problems because of the map size. It would get annoying fast having to walk every few seconds to regenerate stamina, and  would also force players to use vehicles more. Having more vehicles littering the map would increase lag and could cause issues with players not being able to destroy their quad after getting shot. Once they re spawn they would have to take longer than usual to retrieve it because of their stamina. Although this could be solved by staff deleting quads, they are sometimes in hidden places that staff cannot easily see from high up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I don't know how serious MilRP is at GL but if your serious then yes add stanima. If your just their to have a good time and shoot each other like PRP has become then don't. In my opinion PRP should add stanima as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't think that b-hopping is a pretty big issue. Like Awg said you can always b-hop against a b-hopper and make it even. Also the map is a lot bigger than before so adding stamina would make it annoying to go around the map. I know that it is a bit unrealistic for someone to constantly jump around and run, so I understand why some people would like to have stamina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A Friendly Russian said:

I personally don't think that b-hopping is a pretty big issue. Like Awg said you can always b-hop against a b-hopper and make it even. Also the map is a lot bigger than before so adding stamina would make it annoying to go around the map. I know that it is a bit unrealistic for someone to constantly jump around and run, so I understand why some people would like to have stamina.

One hunid percentage agree

 

Plus its already a pain sometimes not having a vehical to spawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not add stamina! I have zero problems with the way it currently is. I feel adding it will make the overall movement worse. I agree that the map is too big to add stamina. If you don't have a quad its going to be harder to get around the map. Also, I don't have a problem with b hopping. I feel like b hopping is part of the game and if people know how to effectively do it then they shouldn't be punished for it. People just have to adapt to different play styles. A good player isn't going to stand still while shooting or run in a straight line when pushing someone. They have learn the best way to move around so they can take the least amount of damage and can quickly get from cover to cover. I personally think that adding stamina will not fix this problem and it will bring new problems along with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A Friendly Russian said:

I personally don't think that b-hopping is a pretty big issue. Like Awg said you can always b-hop against a b-hopper and make it even. Also the map is a lot bigger than before so adding stamina would make it annoying to go around the map. I know that it is a bit unrealistic for someone to constantly jump around and run, so I understand why some people would like to have stamina.

I agree completely with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A Friendly Russian said:

I personally don't think that b-hopping is a pretty big issue. Like Awg said you can always b-hop against a b-hopper and make it even. Also the map is a lot bigger than before so adding stamina would make it annoying to go around the map. I know that it is a bit unrealistic for someone to constantly jump around and run, so I understand why some people would like to have stamina.

I myself know the pain of walking everywhere on the map so stamina would make it so I would just sit in the base more.

Edited by borith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Please do not add stamina! I have zero problems with the way it currently is. I feel adding it will make the overall movement worse. I agree that the map is too big to add stamina. If you don't have a quad its going to be harder to get around the map. Also, I don't have a problem with b hopping. I feel like b hopping is part of the game and if people know how to effectively do it then they shouldn't be punished for it. People just have to adapt to different play styles. A good player isn't going to stand still while shooting or run in a straight line when pushing someone. They have learn the best way to move around so they can take the least amount of damage and can quickly get from cover to cover. I personally think that adding stamina will not fix this problem and it will bring new problems along with it.

i agree with spency because in my opinion Stamina would kill the server so prob not a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello John,

I’m going to preface this by saying that I absolutely hate fighting people who B-Hop in battle. It’s annoying as hell to deal with due to disjointing hitboxes and the visual aspect of trying to track. It’s especially prevalent on any class with a shotgun, notably the prestige. That being said, I’d rather not have a stamina system added because it effects more then just B-hopping such as general travel and maneuvering through the battlefield. The biggest impact is mostly on newer players who more then likely never deal with a system like this in GMOD. 

Despite the general annoyance that Bhopping brings, adding a stamina system effects too many things then just bhopping. I wouldn’t ban it either as an alternate solution unless people would prefer that. 

Regardless, this gets a -Support from me.

Edited by Matricies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Matricies said:

Hello John,

I’m going to preface this by saying that I absolutely hate fighting people who B-Hop in battle. It’s annoying as hell to deal with due to disjointing hitboxes and the visual aspect of trying to track. It’s especially prevalent on any class with a shotgun, notably the prestige. That being said, I’d rather not have a stamina system added because it effects more then just B-hopping such as general travel and maneuvering through the battlefield. The biggest impact is mostly on newer players who more then likely never deal with a system like this in GMOD. 

Despite the general annoyance that Bhopping brings, adding a stamina system effects too many things then just bhopping. I wouldn’t ban it either as an alternate solution unless people would prefer that. 

Regardless, this gets a -Support from me.

Very fair argument but I would just like to inform everyone that this is not my idea. This was a compromise between I and the players that approached me. I am attempting to be as neutral as possible towards this but I will admit I do have somewhat of a bias. Making a rule to remove b-hopping was the initial suggestion. I ruled against this due to the fact that it would be impossible to moderate or enforce a rule on b-hopping. I will admit that I am not completely for stamina either, but my opinion is not the only one that matters, obviously, which is why we are here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why a stamina system may be considered, but as matricies stated, it affects way too much. It would heavily favor tac inserts, and someone without a tac insert and does not want to pay for one would not be the happiest, as it would take much longer for them to get into the combat, and may make them not want to play on the server if they have to spend money to have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be okay with stamina if the map weren't so big and we had more serious rp, but I also like the map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AWG said:

I don't see B-hopping as a huge issue. It gives players who practice it an advantage to get around the map quicker and avoid shots. Even if it is difficult to kill someone who is jumping around, there is nothing stopping you from doing the same. Stamina would also cause problems because of the map size. It would get annoying fast having to walk every few seconds to regenerate stamina, and  would also force players to use vehicles more. Having more vehicles littering the map would increase lag and could cause issues with players not being able to destroy their quad after getting shot. Once they re spawn they would have to take longer than usual to retrieve it because of their stamina. Although this could be solved by staff deleting quads, they are sometimes in hidden places that staff cannot easily see from high up.

I agree with awg about making it even and with matricies about it affecting more than just bhopping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+ Support

Bhopping is extremely annoying in combat.

-Remember Dani, that Bhopping Russian that could get across a map in a few seconds cause of his bhops.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the people that are -supporting are mostly just the same people who Bhop all the time

on a separate note, there’s always someone in base that can give rides. I’ve only had to actually walk to the battlefield like once from the whole time we’ve had the map. The odds of not being in base at the same time as a: ATV, Officer, helicopter, tank, custom class, general, donor class is almost ZERO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_Wafflz_O said:

the people that are -supporting are mostly just the same people who Bhop all the time

That does not mean we can not value their opinion. They are obviously not a minority on the server. A lot of the players minus supporting are not just giving minus supports but actually explaining why they believe it is not a good idea, which is what I asked for. On the other hand, those plus supporting have not given much of an opinion. Yea I know that you support it, but why? You could be plus supporting for all the wrong reasons but we would not know if you do not explain your argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this