Finch's Staff Restriction Appeal

Finch

Should Finch have his staff restriction removed?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Finch have his staff restriction removed?

• Yes (Support with reason)
    • No (Support with reason)

This poll is closed to new votes

Steam Name: Finch

Ingame Name: Finch

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:146331101

Have you donated to the server? Yes.

Staff Restriction Length: 6 Months

Staff Member that Staff Restricted you: Fame

Reason for Staff Restriction: Paid Development Role on other Community

Why do you think that your Staff Restriction should be removed? (longer the better):  

It is my belief that the staff restriction should be removed as I wish to begin the application process for staff once again on PoliceRP. I've spent a long amount of time on the server and it's my belief that I may be of help to the staff team once more.  I do accept my punishment and do deserve it. I really do want to come back into the staff section of Gaming Light Police RP, I really did enjoy it and followed all the basic guidelines as a staff member. It was a big mistake for me not making a resignation or ask SMT if I could work on a paid development job, my timing wasn't great cause I kind of got jumped on straight away haha. I do have high respect for this community and the staff members that help run it, I'd really love to come back and help out with the server like back then I did. I just wasn't thinking straight about my position of staff for this community. If I am gifted with a second chance, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. You can find me in TS if you have any questions.

-Finch

Edited by Finch

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative

+Support

I don't see why taking a paid development role on another community would lead to a staff restriction. IRL I have two jobs and it works out just fine, just as long as you don't mix your two jobs together.

AFAIK he hasn't let his role in the other community impact him in gaminglight so it should be fine. 

+ Support

I understand that the staff handbook clearly states that you cannot be “Staff” on another community. I see where SMT is coming from but I believe that Finch should get his staff restriction removed. He has shown that he has learned his lesson and he showed that he has changed mature wise. 

logan2.png

Ok, I like to follow the rules to the book but sometimes you have to put the book down and look at the case. He got a gig and was getting paid for it. Someone told him that they would pay for him to develop. At the point it is no longer a game it becomes a job with a responsibility. I understand that he took Staff on another community by doing so but when money comes into play then everything changes, Money moves the world and I don't see why he would get a 6 month restriction just for taking a gig and getting some cash to put some food on the table or buy himself whatever he needs. If he did it just because he wanted to and just to become staff there and leave us then the restriction would make sense but I doubt anyone here would turn down getting paid to do something that you know how to do and you enjoy.

+ Support

(even tho I think this will get denied)

17 minutes ago, Roleplaygod said:

Ok, I like to follow the rules to the book but sometimes you have to put the book down and look at the case. He got a gig and was getting paid for it. Someone told him that they would pay for him to develop. At the point it is no longer a game it becomes a job with a responsibility. I understand that he took Staff on another community by doing so but when money comes into play then everything changes, Money moves the world and I don't see why he would get a 6 month restriction just for taking a gig and getting some cash to put some food on the table or buy himself whatever he needs. If he did it just because he wanted to and just to become staff there and leave us then the restriction would make sense but I doubt anyone here would turn down getting paid to do something that you know how to do and you enjoy.

+ Support

37 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

SMT doesn’t  allow staff members to be staff on other communities. Technically by taking a position as a developer, he became “staff” for another community. 

This is is a clear violation of the staff handbook. Sorry, Finch, but -support.

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

39 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

SMT doesn’t  allow staff members to be staff on other communities. Technically by taking a position as a developer, he became “staff” for another community. 

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

+1 Support

There is a clear difference between staffing for another server and getting paid to develop for a server. One is keeping RP going the other is a paid position a job if you will. There should be no technicalities in staff restrictions if you do not want people developing for another server you should put that in the handbook. Nowhere does it say he is not allowed to receive payment for developing a server  (a job for some), no staffing for another server is a rule as seen here

On 2/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, Zeeptin said:

You can not be Staff on another server, This means you cannot have a Staff rank on another community. If found to have one you will me removed from staff or asked to leave the other community (Managers Discretion).

. Also it says this decision is a Manager's decision, and Fame is not a Manager he is Head of Staff so this removal/restriction is considered void since it was not handled by the proper member of management. Development is a job, not a staff rank. In real life, people are allowed to hold multiple jobs unless it is going to conflict with their ability to work. Based on my interpretation of the situation I believe that this staff member should get their staff restriction removed. The only way my opinion is going to change is if there was a fact that this person omitted in their appeal which is currently not the case.

Edited by Pliskin
Added handbook excerpt
  • Like 1

Police RP

• Police Sergeant Major 1D32
  • SWAT Private XA57
  • State Trooper 1T
  • FBI SA KGB59

Imperial RP

• 501st JT Lance Corporal Indigo 3120
  • Inquisitor Apprentice
  • Navy Crewman Pliskin

1 hour ago, Rhenic said:

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

+1 Support

There is a clear difference between staffing for another server and getting paid to develop for a server. One is keeping RP going the other is a paid position a job if you will. There should be no technicalities in staff restrictions if you do not want people developing for another server you should put that in the handbook. Nowhere does it say he is not allowed to receive payment for developing a server (a job for some), no staffing for another server is a rule. Development is a job, not a staff position. In real life, people are allowed to hold multiple jobs unless it is going to conflict with their ability to work. Based on my interpretation of the situation I believe that this staff member should get their staff restriction removed. The only way my opinion is going to change is if there was a fact that this person omitted in their appeal which is currently not the case.

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

+1 Support

There is a clear difference between staffing for another server and getting paid to develop for a server. One is keeping RP going the other is a paid position a job if you will. There should be no technicalities in staff restrictions if you do not want people developing for another server you should put that in the handbook. Nowhere does it say he is not allowed to receive payment for developing a server (a job for some), no staffing for another server is a rule. Development is a job, not a staff position. In real life, people are allowed to hold multiple jobs unless it is going to conflict with their ability to work. Based on my interpretation of the situation I believe that this staff member should get their staff restriction removed. The only way my opinion is going to change is if there was a fact that this person omitted in their appeal which is currently not the case.

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

+1 Support

Pliskin is right in my opinion. Staffing is like going on the server and helping player with sits. 

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

27 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

+1 Support

Completely agree and is what I said earlier. There is a difference between doing something for fun (all of PolicePR staff) and doing something for money. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Junior said:

-support 

-feel like you did get the staff restriction for a reason 

3 hours ago, Rhenic said:

Plus you did say you completely deserved this punishment. If you think you do just wait it out besides appealing it. -support

3 hours ago, Roleplaygod said:

+ Support

Yeh I agree entirely.

4 hours ago, Rhenic said:

MilitaryRP Trial Mod|CERT/Trooper SGT|PD SM

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~Lao Tzu

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

+1 Support

There is a clear difference between staffing for another server and getting paid to develop for a server. One is keeping RP going the other is a paid position a job if you will. There should be no technicalities in staff restrictions if you do not want people developing for another server you should put that in the handbook. Nowhere does it say he is not allowed to receive payment for developing a server  (a job for some), no staffing for another server is a rule as seen here

. Also it says this decision is a Manager's decision, and Fame is not a Manager he is Head of Staff so this removal/restriction is considered void since it was not handled by the proper member of management. Development is a job, not a staff rank. In real life, people are allowed to hold multiple jobs unless it is going to conflict with their ability to work. Based on my interpretation of the situation I believe that this staff member should get their staff restriction removed. The only way my opinion is going to change is if there was a fact that this person omitted in their appeal which is currently not the case.

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

6 hours ago, Jeff Junior said:

-support 

-feel like you did get the staff restriction for a reason 

After what I’ve seen from you past few days you don’t seem fit for staff at all either. You Try to bend the rules a lot as well as get angry very quickly and say things that’s shouldn’t be said.

-support 

Edited by Kiki

I would also like to add the fact how Finch threatend me the other day just for chasing a wanted guy near his base that killed two cops. I followed the wanted player and Finch said that he was going to get me removed from PD if I didnt leave. This man isnt fit for staff if hes going to threaten RANDOM players who are just trying to do their job. Like I stated above he even said he deserves this staff restriction so why even appeal this? Thats all I wanted to add to my comment earlier.

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

+1 Support

Agreed. He used to be a great staff member and I think at this point he has learned his lesson.

9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I would also like to add the fact how Finch threatend me the other day just for chasing a wanted guy near his base that killed two cops. I followed the wanted player and Finch said that he was going to get me removed from PD if I didnt leave. This man isnt fit for staff if hes going to threaten RANDOM players who are just trying to do their job. Like I stated above he even said he deserves this staff restriction so why even appeal this? Thats all I wanted to add to my comment earlier.

Sounds like Finch. He has anger issues. I don't see him a fit for staff ever.

Other than that. He broke the staff handbook and should be treated the same as everyone else.

• Fame locked this topic