PoliceRP Questions for me to ask my professor

TurdBerglar

8 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

Can PD move into bank?

If you are in a vehicle pursuit, how long is it before it is deemed necessary to pit or spike it?

I chose one to ask and the was the PD moving into the bank. He said in depends actually. If they have no hostage and are convinced that there is nobody in there but the robber they have to get them somehow. And thing is for bank robberies FBI is called before SWAT because in real life FBI have jurisdiction over the tactical teams when it comes to bank robberies. They can pick a couple people or one of the deputies to go in with them but usually no, PD doesn’t go in very much. It’s all planned with all the teams. But FBI has control over the banks in real life.

Just now, TurdBerglar said:

I chose one to ask and the was the PD moving into the bank. He said in depends actually. If they have no hostage and are convinced that there is nobody in there but the robber they have to get them somehow. And thing is for bank robberies FBI is called before SWAT because in real life FBI have jurisdiction over the tactical teams when it comes to bank robberies. They can pick a couple people or one of the deputies to go in with them but usually no, PD doesn’t go in very much. It’s all planned with all the teams. But FBI has control over the banks in real life.

Cool, don't know much about US situations cus I'm from UK

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Jeff Junior said:

Can I shoot someone if they don’t have a gun just if they are jumping around?

Well first I would like to point out that every police department is different and trains differently. For example, some police departments who can not even afford tasers (yes this happened, and over half the police officers left the department because of it. Sadly I was unable to find the news story again.) should not compared be compared to the NYPD. Anyways, it depends on what happened prior to you arriving on scene. First you need to know that he is a threat to you or others. If the suspect runs towards you he becomes a threat to you and your life. This same principle applies if they are running away towards other people. It does not matter if they have a weapon or not, but rather if you had a reason to believe that he or she had or has a weapon on them. If you would like to know how this was determined in law, it is backed up by the fourth amendment and the most recent supreme court case, Tennesse v. Garner. If you would like to read more about this I will provide a link to the report of case.

To quote the 4th Amendment: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Supreme Court Case:

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/471/1/

Summary: To summarize, if you suspect the individual has a weapon on their persons and is hopping towards you or other players, then yes you are allowed to use lethal force.

• Like 1

"Proud to be a T-Mod and here to help!"

[MilitaryRP] General of the Army

[PoliceRP] SGT Johns 1D46 & SNR Trooper & [Former] EMS Deputy Chief

On 9/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, Rhenic said:

Does SWAT throw 5+ containers of mustard gas into 7/11’s and banks?

that sounds a bit much xD

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

• Bread locked this topic