Limit on Gas suggestion

Fame

Limit on Gas?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Limit on Gas

• YES (Why)
    • NO (Why)

4 minutes ago, tcoops said:

A gas restriction sounds great. Although, there isn't many people who can use gas. For example, a base with 10+ people inside, insane gun power, good base and lots of cops dead. 1 or 2 gas might not be able to take them down. I like @myandabeast's idea about players:gas ratio.

In some situations, 1 or 2 gas may not have any effect.

Exactly. And if we do put a restriction on gas, goverment would be forced to throw gas more strategically! We could even have courses goverment classes would have to go through to become gas certified 

I believe that 1 gas per 3 criminals would be fair since gas can take up to around 80hp off each criminal in the duration that 1 gas canister lasts.

Also being specially trained in gas usage could also be good aswel so that people who have access to it know how and when to strategically use gas whilst also not making people angry at the amount of gas used.

Edited by -Unknown-
  • Thanks 1

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

• Fame unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

I believe that 1 gas per 3 criminals would be fair since gas can take up to around 80hp off each criminal in the duration that 1 gas canister lasts.

Also being specially trained in gas usage could also be good aswel so that people who have access to it know how and when to strategically use gas whilst also not making people angry at the amount of gas used.

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, Fame said:

Exactly. And if we do put a restriction on gas, goverment would be forced to throw gas more strategically! We could even have courses goverment classes would have to go through to become gas certified 

2 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

I agree.

It depends on the situation. Gas is only used as a last resort by high command of each department. We took away gas from lower ranks, we implemented a new gas SOP to counter this and now a gas to player ratio? Many bases just throwing 1 or 2 gases are nearly non effecting due to the size of certain buildings and players just running away into areas not affected. If it's cases of people spamming gas, why not deal with the individuals rather than trying to pass more conditions onto those that only have 1 gas canister anyway. It's super rare to have more than 2 high command members on for tactical units, that means at most times only 1 person has access to gas. 1 gas v 5 criminals in a very protective base with small government numbers is not going to be raidable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Josh H-Y. said:

It depends on the situation. Gas is only used as a last resort by high command of each department. We took away gas from lower ranks, we implemented a new gas SOP to counter this and now a gas to player ratio? Many bases just throwing 1 or 2 gases are nearly non effecting due to the size of certain buildings and players just running away into areas not affected. If it's cases of people spamming gas, why not deal with the individuals rather than trying to pass more conditions onto those that only have 1 gas canister anyway. It's super rare to have more than 2 high command members on for tactical units, that means at most times only 1 person has access to gas. 1 gas v 5 criminals in a very protective base with small government numbers is not going to be raidable. 

We don’t deal with the individual because they’re not really breaking any rules by spamming gas because there isn’t a limit on gas. 

in all honesty, coming from a criminal standpoint Gass is alright as long as it is not used to go through a wall. When you purposely put one at the end of the building for it to go through a wall it is annoying.

IDK if you all have noticed or not but UBC, VL, Kings they have all just given up. The basing rules already make it hard and when you hass through a wall it just kills the fun.

Gass is a bit OP in my opinion.

The 3 - 1 ratio would not work because the cops will say "I thought there was 6 of them"

There should be a limit on how many gasses per situation. I think 3 gasses per situation is fine. Once you use all 3 you are all out and you can't use more.

Also @Fame anyway we could make it so that the black market dealer sold gas masks? Also are you allowed to kidnap a SWAT member and make them drop mask for you?

3 minutes ago, Fame said:

We don’t deal with the individual because they’re not really breaking any rules by spamming gas because there isn’t a limit on gas. 

If this was implemented, how would gas be limited. Can you only throw 1 per raid aka until government give up or criminals die. Or could you die, wait NLR time and come back and throw another gas grenade? Also, it's sometimes hard to know how many players are inside a base when you getting shot. It be hard for tac units to know if they can even throw gas or not in terms of more than 3+ players.

Edited by Josh H-Y.

1 minute ago, Josh H-Y. said:

If this was implemented, how would gas be limited. Can you only throw 1 per raid aka until government give up or criminals die. Or could you die, wait NLR time and come back and throw another gas grenade? Also, it's sometimes hard to know how many players are inside a base when you getting shot. It be hard for tac units to know if they can even throw gas or not.

Agreed. That is why I suggested the 3 per situation rather than a ratio. Also the NLR thing it's kinda how it is now

4 minutes ago, Josh H-Y. said:

If this was implemented, how would gas be limited. Can you only throw 1 per raid aka until government give up or criminals die. Or could you die, wait NLR time and come back and throw another gas grenade? Also, it's sometimes hard to know how many players are inside a base when you getting shot. It be hard for tac units to know if they can even throw gas or not in terms of more than 3+ players.

Not sure. It would probably be 2-3 per raid or there are 3+ criminals inside the base.  We could also make a rule where the criminals must /advert how many people are inside 

7 minutes ago, Roleplaygod said:

The 3 - 1 ratio would not work because the cops will say "I thought there was 6 of them"

That could easily be fixed if we made a rule so that the criminals had to /advert how many people are inside the base 

In my own opinion I thought the gas situation was worked out fine with the gas SOP however some changes to gas.

I think it should not be 3 LEO's dead I think it should be 5 LEO's

There also need to be a limit to the amount of gas that can be thrown like say for a general store instead of throwing 6 gas your only allowed to throw 2. cause if you think about it 2 gas cans should do the work and if anyones still up and moving then tactical units do there job and breach. 

Edited by Mervin

~Mervin

2 minutes ago, Fame said:

That could easily be fixed if we made a rule so that the criminals had to /advert how many people are inside the base 

Why don't we just increase the number of barricaded suspects from 3 to 4 or 5, keeping the gas SOP we have right now. I think the current one works out fine but may need a small tweak. Rather than complicating things, we could just change current rules. 3+ LEO killed or 4-5 barricaded suspects sounds reasonable.

Just now, Fame said:

Because then cops couldn’t say, “ oh I thought there was 6 people inside the base”

yea just don't make it a ratio thing just make it a set number per situation. So like 3 per situation or whatever number you want. Both sides can keep count and when they run out they run out.

3 minutes ago, Josh H-Y. said:

Why don't we just increase the number of barricaded suspects from 3 to 4 or 5, keeping the gas SOP we have right now. I think the current one works out fine but may need a small tweak. Rather than complicating things, we could just change current rules. 3+ LEO killed or 4-5 barricaded suspects sounds reasonable.

Because the problem is gov is spamming gas. It really doesn’t matter if there are 3 peoeple in one base or 37. If you know how to strategically spam gas you can actually kill them all pretty quickly. There are only two  basing area s on this map that are more difficult. Parking garage and club catalysts 

1 hour ago, Fame said:

Because the problem is gov is spamming gas. It really doesn’t matter if there are 3 peoeple in one base or 37. If you know how to strategically spam gas you can actually kill them all pretty quickly. There are only two  basing area s on this map that are more difficult. Parking garage and club catalysts 

Not gov, HA’s + spamming gas is the problem.

• Like 1

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

51 minutes ago, th3 said:

Not gov, HA’s + spamming gas is the problem.

Exactly. 

This rule would only be useful for the whole 5 police rp smt members that have acess to spawning weapons.  

I would hope that they would have more common sense not to throw 9284628198 gas canisters into a base.  

This has never been an issue before and only rencently came into light when these HA’s + spawn themselves and others gas and spam it.  

Like i said before.  There is only a handful of people that have acess to gas.  All heads of tac departments.  We know how to use gas and not to abuse it, plus we only spawn with One gas canister so even if every single person that had acess to gas was on, you’d be getting a MAX of 8 gas canisters thrown at once. (I’ve never seen it happen)  and to be frank, I’d be scared to base if every single commander of the tac units were on.  

• Fame locked this topic