Tom's Forum Diplomat Application

[GL] Tom

Should Tom become a Forum Diplomat?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tom become a Forum Diplomat?

• Yes (Please Specify your reasoning below)
    • No (Please Specify your reasoning below)

In-Game Name: Tom

Steam Name: [GL] Tom

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:57956057

Are you a Moderator+? Yes

How many post do you have on the website? 238

How often are you online on the forums?  Here's my GamingLight forums schedule: Check the forums when I wake up on my Phone or ipad for atleast 15-25mins, Before I leave to go to school I check the forums again mainly to just check if anyone has responded to my posts that I did earlier or if anyone has made any new posts, then when I get to school I litterally always log on during GCSE PE Class and Business studies (Litterally pay more attention to the forums then my damn coursework) usually am on the forums in class for roughly 40-60mins (I do tab out a lot to do my school work but yeh), on the rare occasion I check my phone on the way home and look at the forums but this isn't very often as I am usually talking to friends whilst walking home, When I arrive home after get out of my school clothes and grabbing a snack I litteraly start up my PC and almost instantly hop on the forums usually for 1-2hrs (Sometimes more like right now) there tends to never be a day where im not on the forums for atleast a few hours and finally I hop on the forums when I get in bed for a while due to me being addicted to GamingLight and not wanting to sleep haha.

What timezone are you in? BST (British Summer Time)

Why would you want to join our Forum Diplomat team? I would like to join the Forum diplomat team for a number of reasons, firstly I would like to join because I feel like my genuine maturity and even wisdom tends to guide me through situations and I also work on my personal character A LOT like it's hard to explain in text form but I am very into psychology, finding a meaning to your life and being the most efficient, curtious, knowledgeable human-being as much as I can (I started being interested into this a while back and I started watching people like Jordan Peterson on it all and he litteraly changed who I am) but what I'm trying to get at is that not only am I trying to be the best person I can be I also take pride in helping others and sharing the knowledge I have obtained and I feel like being a forum diplomat would allow me to do that and would also naturally put me in new situations I have never been in, which won't only allow me to obtain more knowledge it would also esentially add to my own personal integrity, I value hard working people and people who care about others just as much as themselves and I feel like being a forums diplomat would allow me to do that. I would also like to join the Forum diplomat team because I know how to punish someone to an extent where not only does it make them not only not do that thing they did to get punished initially but I feel like I also would be able to teach them how to avoid that situation from re-occuring in whatever possible way I can (I understand that it may not happen often due to people just wanting to spam chat box then when confronted, disregard anything said to them or even issued towards them but I will still try to the best possible way I can. Finally, I want to join the Forum Diplomat team because I feel like I have the correct skills to handle almost most situations (I recognize that situations rarely go how you would like them to but I also think I can still find away around that and have the mental strength to perceive and succeed) when dealing with a situation I always stay mature, professional,  decisive, understanding of others, take in other's perspective,the ability to persevere, communication skills and the ability of prudence when required.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement?  If so, how? Certainly, Like I stated above my good judgement tends to rely on all the personal character traits that I have gained / worked on over the past years, here's just a few of them that I have been working on and perfecting: Integrity - My general integrity is a big factor to my judgement, it allows me to deal with all situations to excellent standards, for example... I have taken a lot of time in this application because I care a lot about anything I create.  Perfection - Similar to integrity it plays a big part in my judgement, like I said the reason I worked hard on this application and any other application I have made is due to my such personal high standards and wanting to be as close to perfect in all situations that I can. Knowledge - my knowledge is somewhat all of the skills I have obtained, I am only 16 and I feel like I have the mental age and understanding of someone much older and a lot of that is due to online gaming, meeting all these people from different backgrounds, knowing people so happy in their life but yet in contrast also knowing many people that have been the point to suicide and due to all those experiences has kind of took a toll on my personal character and has helped carve me into someone that is able to understand others. Another part of the knowledge I have which helps sometimes with my judgement is my general intellectuality now I'm not saying I'm not saying I'm the smartest because I am truely not but I believe my intellectuality has helped my judgement in many situations and my intellectuality ranges from grammar, mathematical skills and like I have stated even my personal traits. Humility / Ability to stay humble - Now there may be some people who say I'm not humble for stating my skills but someone saying that would show your ignorance and in-ability to understand someone... in addition, Humility is a key factor, my own personal discipline and strength to dedicate time to actually listen to others thoroughly tends to result in a positive outcome, My ability to be greatful for what I have and to be greatful for my situation usually helps me stay understanding, humble and maturity and I also have the ability to know when help is needed and this leads to another point that I want to state is how I strive to take all opportunited in front of me, a kind if general rule that I have is taking all opportunites in life that are presented to me, this ability tends to help me with my humility, knowledge and so much more and that is why I believe that it is a crucial part of my judgement.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers? Firstly before coming to a final decision you have to take into account their intentions, the amount they spammed, any additional rules they broke in the process, and their understanding of what they did and their shame in their actions (if a bad situation). The kind of protocol I would follow in eliminating the spam is: I would make them aware that they can not be spamming the spambox (this would usually be done in a very nice, yet strict way) I would make them aware of what they have done, whilst being strict if needed I would also make them aware of the way that they should of dealt with their situation. Furthermore, of course I would delete any spam that was put in the spambox by the offender as fast as I can and as efficiently as I can. If after me doing all these curtious and fair actions they still carried on to disregard all of my suggestions, commands and warnings (casual verbal warnings) I would then increase the punishment that I feel should be issued (Of-course I can only issue punishments that I am allowed to and when in dire need) . I would also direct them to the ban appeals section and briefly explain to use the format and other things that they may need to know about appealing their ban. (This is all best case scenario Vs. Worst case scenario. Of-course all situations will be different and so will the punishments that are needed to be issued.) *Also if I am aware of them being a re-offender I would possibly contact a higher up staff member and maybe even SMT if I feel like it is that dire.

FYI - there most likely a lot of mistakes that I have made like grammatically etc, but I can't stress enough that I have been making this application for almost 2hrs and in that sometimes my writing may lose it's fluidity and structure in small sections, I hope you can take that into your general consideration.

Edited by [GL] Tom
Needed to color certain text

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:34 PM, Dane said:

+support

• Active on the forums.
  • Application is top notch.
  • Mature and friendly staff.
  • Has good judgement.
  • Knows what he is doing.
  • Would make a good Forum Diplomat.
  • Deserves a chance, best of luck!

Good Luck!