Police RP Server wide age limit (edited)

Shawn Spencer

34 minutes ago, Shawn Spencer said:

Thanks for all the replies, it appears that most people think the server should not have an age limit and I heard a lot of people speak out about it. (some nicer than others). I agree with a lot that you guys said but I think the server should be more strict when it comes to maturity. Because I doubt I'm the only one here that has had problems with the younger kids on the server.

Listen man.

If someone breaks the rules then we punish them for it.

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

I have put some more time and thought into this forum post I made and I realized it was immature of myself to blame everything on the younger players on this server. I was roleplaying on servers like this when I was 12 and I would've been heartbroken if somebody just kicked me off the server because of my age. Let me explain why I made this post.

I'm in the EMS department which has been very stressful on my patience. You have to be responsible for everyone that dies on the server and usually I'm the only EMS online so this becomes very overwhelming. Luckily I'm motivated to do my job correctly so I push through. This becomes even harder on me when I arrive on a scene and revive a disrespectful person that complains that I wasn't fast enough or I'm really bad at my job.

This drives me crazy because I'm already overworked but now I have to deal with ungrateful jerks that I spent my time going to help. So, I have now been running around the map helping people, having my ambulance stolen, getting complaints on something I can't control and getting shot for no reason for 2-5 hours. Than I have a little kid that comes into the chat singing sponge bob songs, giving me fake calls to respond to while other people actually need help, and doing things incorrectly in which I get blamed for.

That became my braking point and I noticed that a lot of the problems I have seen occur on the server has been created or instigated by the younger players. I thought it would be a good solution to add an age limit like most of the other roleplay servers. I did not realize at the time that this server built itself off of letting everyone play no matter your age, maturity, etc.

Sorry for wasting your time. Hopefully you can understand where I'm coming from. -Bing

Honestly this suggestion is completely bias.

1. you can’t tell a persons age by their voice... not to mention literally no way to enforce this. (If I suspect someone of being 12 do I just walk up to them and say hey give me a copy of your drivers license or you are perm banned)

2. We have had great members of staff team and the community such as @Nimowho have had to work their asses off to get to where they got to because some of the playerbase hated them because of their age...

3. Literally the reasons staff exists... pretty sure staff doesn’t go oh he’s a kid I’ll let him mass rdm

Honestly if you are going to be this rude I don’t think gaminglight is for you...

Edited by Injoker

3 hours ago, Injoker said:

Honestly this suggestion is completely bias.

1. you can’t tell a persons age by their voice... not to mention literally no way to enforce this. (If I suspect someone of being 12 do I just walk up to them and say hey give me a copy of your drivers license or you are perm banned)

2. We have had great members of staff team and the community such as @Nimowho have had to work their asses off to get to where they got to because some of the playerbase hated them because of their age...

3. Literally the reasons staff exists... pretty sure staff doesn’t go oh he’s a kid I’ll let him mass rdm

Honestly if you are going to be this rude I don’t think gaminglight is for you...

Literally almost every good rp server has an age limit. Think, one of the most popular ones is DOJ on FiveM. They have age limits because little kids are not mature enough to be in a professional role play community. I am used to being in these professional rp servers but since my gtx 1080 broke I have to play gmod until I get a replacement and when I joined this "semi-serious" role play server I quickly noticed the immaturity in most of it's younger members and how it negatively affects the roleplay environment. So I think your opinion is biased because this works for all the great servers on FiveM and the servers without an age limit tend to be a lot less realistic than the servers with an age limit. Also if you could read I edited the post and said sorry for thinking this server was as professional as the servers I played on before this one. Next time do a little research before leaving a rude comment. -Bing

Edited by Shawn Spencer

9 hours ago, Shawn Spencer said:

Literally almost every good rp server has an age limit. Think, one of the most popular ones is DOJ on FiveM. They have age limits because little kids are not mature enough to be in a professional role play community. I am used to being in these professional rp servers but since my gtx 1080 broke I have to play gmod until I get a replacement and when I joined this "semi-serious" role play server I quickly noticed the immaturity in most of it's younger members and how it negatively affects the roleplay environment. So I think your opinion is biased because this works for all the great servers on FiveM and the servers without an age limit tend to be a lot less realistic than the servers with an age limit. Also if you could read I edited the post and said sorry for thinking this server was as professional as the servers I played on before this one. Next time do a little research before leaving a rude comment. -Bing

Ignorance is bliss...

• Fame locked this topic