Fix the lag...

Boonie McBone

21 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

1. You can

2. Well make it a rule

3. I think they’d rather be able to play than to drive their $80 car around

4. How does teleporting because of lag make any sense on a rp server

5. “Sir, pull over”

6. Probably because we didn’t have the “best host”. 

7. Sure doesn’t seem like it. 

Look I don’t mean to argue. It’s just activating that you can’t play that game correctly without teleporting and lagging. I’ve only run a server once and I had no part in the “server” part. I had no connection or management with the hosts and payment to the hosts. So I don’t know what to do, but I’m just suggesting something be done. 

I understand what you and many other people are trying to say.

Fixing lag isn't as simple as press a button or flip a switch and there is virtually no lag. Like what Spection mentioned, you guys need to be specific. Give us some more to work with other then "Fix the lag".

4 minutes ago, Carpenter John said:

I understand what you and many other people are trying to say.

Fixing lag isn't as simple as press a button or flip a switch and there is virtually no lag. Like what Spection mentioned, you guys need to be specific. Give us some more to work with other then "Fix the lag".

But isn’t that your job to fix it? Us, the members and players report the (obvious) problem and the staff team fixes it

Lag isnt that easy to fix. SMT cant just make the lag disappear like that. They have to find each individual thing that is causing the lag. Personally I start lagging around 90 players not 50.

If you have a suggestion then please give to us instead of just telling SMT to fix it. 

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

On 9/15/2018 at 4:07 AM, Josh H-Y. said:

SMT have already stated numerous times that they can't do anything else to fix the lag. They spend money on the most expensive and powerful servers and try to minimize lag  by only accepting suggestions that do not contribute to higher pings. It's why many suggestions end up being denied because ping and lag is a priority. The major cause of lag on the server is due to the amount of vehicles spawned in, it's better to have these in than not. Overall SMT try their hardest to make the lag less noticeable and have had great success over past 6 months. Whilst lag is still present, it's much less noticeable compared to months ago. I think we should give SMT credit for this and be thankful for what they have done to help combat the issue.

On 9/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, Boonie McBone said:

1. You can

2. Well make it a rule

3. I think they’d rather be able to play than to drive their $80 car around

4. How does teleporting because of lag make any sense on a rp server

5. “Sir, pull over”

6. Probably because we didn’t have the “best host”. 

7. Sure doesn’t seem like it. 

Look I don’t mean to argue. It’s just activating that you can’t play that game correctly without teleporting and lagging. I’ve only run a server once and I had no part in the “server” part. I had no connection or management with the hosts and payment to the hosts. So I don’t know what to do, but I’m just suggesting something be done. 

No, This would not work...at all

One of the way to reduce lag for everyone is to get a script that activates multi-core cpu when login into this server. The biggest problem with Gmod source engine is very old and is not keep up with current hardware optimization like GTA5.

Another we can help reduce the lag is to reduce view detail models or view distance. Oldest trick in the book for all games and it does work wonderfully for Gmod.

That all I can think for now. Perhaps there might be Lua script that causes lag?

Edited by Kim Yo Suk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...