Evidence for Ban Appeals.

Roleplaygod

What you want to see? -  A change in one of the questions in the Ban / Warn appeal section on the forums. Change this "Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED)" to this "Evidence of situation where the warning was issued. Screenshot of the warning will not be accepted! (Failure to provide evidence will be an instant Denial)"

Why should we add it? - I keep seeing people making appeals and for the evidence section, they just put a screenshot of the warning. This makes it so that it is all just hearsay. If no one has evidence of the warn being given then it should not be up for an appeal. It is just like Ban reports without evidence it is useless.

What are the advantages of having this? - Stop a lot of appeals from even being posted that leads to less work for SMT and more time to deal with other stuff, If an appeal is posted with no actual evidence of the situation then it will just be denied no questions asked, It will make it so that people start recording/getting proof for things rather than coming to the forums and just wine without any actual proof.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

There are exceptions, such things like self-warn or falsy given warning because the admin typed in the wrong name can all be posted and under evidence you would Tag the person that gave the warning. If it is yourself then you just show a picture of the warning stating that it was given by yourself. (common sense but you can't be too sure no a days)

PS: Does not need to be the exact quote I posted that is just an idea. But changed to something along those lines. To let people know that they need proof of the situation and not of them having a warning.

1 minute ago, Jeff Junior said:

it is just not needed 

I mean I put this in the hopes to stop the spam of people asking for a warn removal and they just type out the story. We can't know if they are lying or not. The admins tell his side but it is just he said she said. No one has proof. It is just like real life in a court case you can't just go in under he did this and expect to be believed just because you say it.

I think it might be ok to require staff to have proof for appeals, but requiring players to have the evidence, in my opinion, is too much. Not everyone that joins the server has the space for it, but you can make recording a requirement for staff.

This is a signature.

3 minutes ago, NickAve said:

I think it might be ok to require staff to have proof for appeals, but requiring players to have the evidence, in my opinion, is too much. Not everyone that joins the server has the space for it, but you can make recording a requirement for staff.

then it comes to the point of if you got no proof don't appeal it. I know it sucks and it might sound harsh but that real life for ya.

10 minutes ago, Roleplaygod said:

then it comes to the point of if you got no proof don't appeal it. I know it sucks and it might sound harsh but that real life for ya.

trust me 99% of the time someone remembers why they got banned (staff or players) and they will say it or SMT will know when it is something fishy 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jeff Junior said:

- Big support

-if you got banned a long time ago you dont have the evedence  nor any screenshots video. 

Also not many people can record situations

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

• 1 month later...