A Legal Department

Wolfgangg

What you want to see? - I want to see the prosecutor and defendant job be added to a “legal department” and have their own detailed application process.

Why should we add it? - The application and department must be added to the server to allow for mature and level-headed thinking people to be able to properly roleplay in court without having to worry about minges and people not knowing the proper procedures. The legal team would be as, if not more important than the other highly strict and in-depth departments such as SWAT, BSI etc... because of the intelligence that concluding and fighting for cases requires, as well as the fact it is extremely important that we have active legal members because it is a major part of Police roleplay.

What are the advantages of having this? - 
Advantages Include:

• More qualified and mature players for the job
  • This would weed out all the minges that make court roleplay painfully unpleasant
  • This would leave the job available for those who know what they are doing and truly want to roleplay in court without interruption
  • Having a department with quote on quote ranks would allow for another group on the server to hand out promotions and watch their members carefully with them knowing that if they screw around they are at risk of a demotion and removal from the class

Who is it mainly for? - Adding this would allow for an entirely new dynamic for roleplay on the server. People would be able to finally take other players and the government to court "for real" with a trained legal team without the hassle of fighting mingy defendants/prosecutors. All in all, this is for the well being of the entire server and to help our status in the Garry's mod community by having one of the only servers with a fully functioning and "semi-professional" court system that anyone could have access to using and being a part of.

I have already created a simplified version of court guidelines that is usable in-game to get everyone familiar with the ideal protocol of what real court is in the General section.

See here: 

If you choose to implement this idea I would be glad to help develop applications or help in any other way I can.

Edited by Agustus Jones
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2018 at 6:11 PM, Rhenic said:

Honestly, this sounds pretty cool and if executed properly could be a great addition to the server. 

It would be cool going to court in game and having an actual court case and reduce minges getting into it

Edited by Kiki

36 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

Honestly, this sounds pretty cool and if executed properly could be a great addition to the server. 

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

When do we ever get good court cases these days? Most of the time for any situation the suspect will just get themself killed so that they don't go to jail/court etc. I don't see much point in this until we get more RP from players instead of a shootout every single time we do anything.

+/-Support

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

8 minutes ago, -Unknown- said:

When do we ever get good court cases these days? Most of the time for any situation the suspect will just get themself killed so that they don't go to jail/court etc. I don't see much point in this until we get more RP from players instead of a shootout every single time we do anything.

+/-Support

^^^^^

21 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

+/-Support

That’s actually something else I want changed too. Players shouldn’t be forced to go to court just because a judge is on, because those who don’t want to go to court wouldn’t roleplay, they should rather be able to choose if they are wrongly being jailed or not. I think we can all say that it’s pretty often that police tend to be a bit aggressive with their punishments and tactics and I know that if we could make a fast and reliable system we could truly make a difference on the server that can self correct the way police and citizens roleplay.

As well as the fact I don’t think these jobs should be jobs people just hang out on. If people did that it would be boring as hell waiting for cases. Instead we should just have enough people whitelisted for Judge, prosecutor and defendant that if someone wants to sue someone there would be enough people whitelisted to get on the job at the nick of a dime and complete the trial.

Edited by Agustus Jones

7 hours ago, Injoker said:

-support

the jobs are barely used now, closing it off to an application would make it even more underused. 

People don’t want to sit through long court cases, both the criminals and police. 

people dont play the jobs because no judges are ever on.  removing payment and making it applied for would increase the judge activity and would probably cause people to want to play on the attorney and prosecutor jobs more.

sitting through court cases and actually rping on the server is better than a pseudo-militaryrp where it's just constant shootouts in my opinion

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

15 hours ago, Bronco said:

people dont play the jobs because no judges are ever on.  removing payment and making it applied for would increase the judge activity and would probably cause people to want to play on the attorney and prosecutor jobs more.

sitting through court cases and actually rping on the server is better than a pseudo-militaryrp where it's just constant shootouts in my opinion

Shootouts aren’t going to stop because of court unless an ems reviving rule is removed   

• Fame locked this topic
  • 1 month later...